Can't update mods via Vortex but can manually

gooberlious

So i got this issue with Vortex where i can't update a mod in manager

i either get a "unknown download" if i try again and don't remove the failed download from the downloads section i will get a "archive is damaged" message

if i go to the Nexus and download it with the "vortex" button (not manual) and install that way it works without question (well it will tell me there is a conflict between mod A v1.0 and Mod A v2.0 but that is solved but just removing/uninstalling mod A v1.0)

the Game in question (if that has anything to do with it) is Skyrim SE and the mod i tested this with was Quick loot

however i'm certain it's not a mod issue as it happens with

Quick loot
Flower girls
Faye (the one that requires flower girls)
market Food stalls

since all these mods do different things i feel as though it is a vortex issue.

also one last thing of info, i thought it might be a permission issue with vortex and windows, so i disabled UAC to see if this was the case and it was not i get the same issue.

Thank you for reading

similar issue here, any time I try to update ANY mod through Vortex I get a red warning that says it was unable to identify the mod and I need to reinstall via the download tab. I have tried that to no avail and it is happening with new mods that I have just installed a day or two ago. I can, as the OP pointed out, download and install the updates via vortex by going to the site but it's like the "update mod" system built into vortex itself is broken. I cannot say for certain but I believe this started about the time I updated to 0.16.12

Does the link in the property panel of the mod work correctly, i.e. brings up the correct page?

you mean where it says "nexus mod ID" then it has a text box with some numbers, and below that a link to the mod? yes my quick loot mod takes me to quick loot page on Nexus (the SE one). No issue there

As Sezuel suggests, perhaps it's a 0.16.12 bug?

Gooberlious is correct, right click>"Open on Nexus Mods" does take me to the proper mod page in question. For reference I am also running Skyrim SE.