"Plugins not sorted because of cyclic rules" that don't exist...

SuzanoSho

This literally started happening out of the blue. The mods referenced (Immersive College of Winterhold, Bijin All In One, Markarth Entrance Overhaul) have absolutely no custom rules applied to their plugins whatsoever...

I can't seem to get rid of this error...even worse, now I can't start a new game nor load a save in Skyrim SE without a CTD, despite things running fine only once prior to, without me changing any mods or files in any way in between that time and now...

How did you determine that there are no active rules? Where did you look? When the Vortex cyclic rules message appears, is there a "More" button to press? Does that provide any additional information? Do you sort with LOOT or with Vortex? Are there any LOOT warning messages on your plugins page? What group(s) are the mods in? Do the mod authors recommend certain load orders for their mods? Would it be possible for you to disable the three mods in question and then enable them one by one? (Remember, "disable" is not the same as "uninstall.") When the mods are disabled, does the cyclic rules notice vanish? How many mods do you have to enable before the warning is actually triggered?

How did you determine that there are no active rules? Where did you look? When the Vortex cyclic rules message appears, is there a "More" button to press? Does that provide any additional information? Do you sort with LOOT or with Vortex? Are there any LOOT warning messages on your plugins page? What group(s) are the mods in? Do the mod authors recommend certain load orders for their mods? Would it be possible for you to disable the three mods in question and then enable them one by one? (Remember, "disable" is not the same as "uninstall.") When the mods are disabled, does the cyclic rules notice vanish? How many mods do you have to enable before the warning is actually triggered?

There's a more button that shows which ESPs are affected, I looked in Vortex and checked the dependency rules, I've tried sorting with both Vortex and LOOT and LOOT doesn't bring up the warning/error, the same mods were working and being sorted just fine minutes prior to this error coming up, enabling them one by one does not settle the issue, and interestingly enough, the affected mods listed has changed twice now...all of my mods are in the default group currently, as Googling around brought me to a suggestion like that before I decided to make a post here; it changed nothing tho...

Also, I have no idea if this is related or not, but I discovered that my CTDs are due to SkyUI suddenly not working in my game at all, despite it being one of the first mods I installed and working flawless before (it would have had to have gone bad mid-gaming session, as that's when I got my first CTD, and every CTD after that, upon loading as well as upon trying to start a new game, was because of SkyUI's plugin being enabled...reinstalling/redownloading has not fixed this)...

There's a more button that shows which ESPs are affected, I looked in Vortex and checked the dependency rules, I've tried sorting with both Vortex and LOOT and LOOT doesn't bring up the warning/error, the same mods were working and being sorted just fine minutes prior to this error coming up, enabling them one by one does not settle the issue, and interestingly enough, the affected mods listed has changed twice now...all of my mods are in the default group currently, as Googling around brought me to a suggestion like that before I decided to make a post here; it changed nothing tho...

Vortex already has loot, just use the one built in.

Bring up the window that shows the actual Cyclic Ruling, it should look like a triangle (or more) showing the mods physically connected together, then click on each node or line to get rid of the cyclic references, then, DO NOT USE LOOT, let vortex tell you which Mods are conflicting, then click SHOW, and it will automatically apply a filter to your load order so only the conflicting mods show, then you can pick which mods you want to load before or after the conflicting mods

THEN, you should see something like this:

Vortex-Sort-1.jpg

Another example, (longer)

Vortex-Sort-2.jpg

This literally started happening out of the blue. The mods referenced (Immersive College of Winterhold, Bijin All In One, Markarth Entrance Overhaul) have absolutely no custom rules applied to their plugins whatsoever...

I can't seem to get rid of this error...even worse, now I can't start a new game nor load a save in Skyrim SE without a CTD, despite things running fine only once prior to, without me changing any mods or files in any way in between that time and now...

I'm guessing this happened "out of the blue" after you ran standalone loot, and it changed your load order, and went against what Vortex had already had sorted and working.