Taking down the GameFront files

Dark0ne

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the exact mentality that has lead to "Nexus exclusive" files. You're not doing anyone any favors by stealing and saying that since you're sharing your ice cream with someone already obviously you're going to share with everyone you ever meet.

That's how we get no ice cream.

Well done. You must have Canadian blood in you, because this is the most polite 'go f*#@ yourself for f*#@ing us over' that I've ever read. GameFront looks to be a website that officially killed the golden goose. They had a good thing going, but then got greedy, and now, they get nothing.

In response to post #67112626.

DarthCruciare wrote: Well done. You must have Canadian blood in you, because this is the most polite 'go f*#@ yourself for f*#@ing us over' that I've ever read. GameFront looks to be a website that officially killed the golden goose. They had a good thing going, but then got greedy, and now, they get nothing.

There's no bad blood at all between us and Nexus, I have a lot of time and respect for Robin and he's been super supportive. All I would say to that though is to not confuse the corporate entities who owned and mismanaged GameFront with the volunteers who have tried to keep it going and are now running it, trust me I'd be the first in line to agree with you with regards to Ziff Davis Media or Defy Media. I call them out by name now because they're gone and bust for the reasons you stated so I doubt they'll come after me for breaking my NDA. But they aren't around anymore. All that's left is the good bits (we like to think) and we're not financially motivated.

aah I see yes , there,s com , the real one , and a Mirror one called online

my Anti Malware Kit warns me about the fake one , aah just some cheapskates , they problably intend to distribute a lot of Malware and likewise , leeching of the good name of Gamefront , luring unsuspecting People in , not knowing it,s not the real one , no worries , that will get known real fast , a good Tip , leave a Post/Review on the Browser App " Web of Trust " aswell about their Mirror, this will deter and warn People not to go there.

Welkom back Gamefront!

Edited by greenzleevz

In response to post #67096541.

DaedalusMachina007 wrote: As a modder myself, I always do my best to keep a private backup of ALL my mods and work that I do even if I host them elsewhere. The issue arises when people can no longer get in touch with the original modder due to e-mail/username changes or other issues like the jerkoff admins of RomHacking.net trying to act like they can dictate what 'allowable speech' is.

I'm thankful that Nexus here has quite a bit more leeway and doesn't instantly ban people because special snowflakes demand it to be so. Or maybe I haven't irritated the site admin that much ;)

I feel that multiple redundant backups are useful for modders and players alike. If you love mods then make your own backups as well just in case the original goes poof.

I appreciate that Nexus Mods seeks to preserve mod history and help save them from poofing off the internet. Kudos :)

I shall irritate YOU to try and report ME!

Some do get banned for really light offenses here too, though.
Not all the time, but enough to make it noticeable.

It's sad a few bad people have to ruin a good partnership, but that's the world we live in now. It never ceases to amaze me how people think they have the right to use other peoples things as they wish without their permission. It's a shame because if something were to happen then we are at risk for losing so much great creative content because a few entitled dime bags can't play nice with others.

Isn't it the original authors' own business where their files are hosted? I know that many of the old modders have moved on (long ago even), but still, if those that are still around wouldn't want their stuff uploaded anywhere other than GameFront and the Nexus, who can argue with them?

Speaking of which, what mods will be moved to GF exactly?

Edited by GeorgeCorbul

In response to post #67116491.

greenzleevz wrote: aah I see yes , there,s com , the real one , and a Mirror one called online

my Anti Malware Kit warns me about the fake one , aah just some cheapskates , they problably intend to distribute a lot of Malware and likewise , leeching of the good name of Gamefront , luring unsuspecting People in , not knowing it,s not the real one , no worries , that will get known real fast , a good Tip , leave a Post/Review on the Browser App " Web of Trust " aswell about their Mirror, this will deter and warn People not to go there.

Welkom back Gamefront!

What's the link to the real GF?