Illusion of freedom

Mudran

So long as there is religion, there will never be peace on earth. :smile:

And is that not yet another quest for power of individuals grubbing for more than their own fair share?

Yep. Yet another group of folks trying to tell us how to live our lives.

What I find most revealing about those who want to tell others how to live is the truth they will never acknowledge ... they really don't care about the mechanics of how we live providing we hand over the money. They probably come from the same genetic pool as muggers.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I will ever be the only surviving human in the world (LOL), believe me that I will still be a slave. After all, you MUST hunt for food in order to survive. You can't say "now I can do anything I want". Because there will always be pleasures and rules to follow. Always.

Freedom is a relative concept, not an absolute concept.

I'm half free and half slave. This is life. Of course, if I can be even more free..why not?! But we have to think that sometimes rules can be better if compared to freedom. It's about your personality...

The laws of physics will not cease to exist ... and that includes the ones about the density of humans and how connected we are.

Albeit prior to how butt hurt everybody is about our density and connectivity ... we gained a lot of freedoms by our density and connectivity.

I guess those gains are just passe' now though ?

• 3 weeks later...

You're very categoric. The ideologies used to oppress people act to remove the critical mind, the freedom of opinion and of speech and to make the group consider the one who doesn't entirely follow these ideas as en enemy of the group. This way of acting is as well used by some religious groups as well by the marxist-leninists.

Even if the psychopaths are over-represented among the influential religious there are and have been great idealists among them like Martin Luther King or the Mahatma Gandhi.

The religions are superfluous and potential tools of oppression but they aren't evil in themselves.

You're very categoric. The ideologies used to oppress people act to remove the critical mind, the freedom of opinion and of speech and to make the group consider the one who doesn't entirely follow these ideas as en enemy of the group. This way of acting is as well used by some religious groups as well by the marxist-leninists.

Even if the psychopaths are over-represented among the influential religious there are and have been great idealists among them like Martin Luther King or the Mahatma Gandhi.

The religions are superfluous and potential tools of oppression but they aren't evil in themselves.

True enough ... people are the only ones who specialize in that.

Where is your faith? Will you have the strength to resist? STAY TUNED! TO! The Outer Limits.. You are about to experience the awe and mystery of the Inner Mind to the Outer Limits.

The Vanishing Act... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-9pOLbxkkg

Nice Paga ... you are an excellent way back machine.

As Jodie said ... "How long have I been gone??".

More people have died in the name of religion, than ANY other cause in mans history. Granted, if it didn't exist, I am sure humans would come up with some other reason to make war on each other. We have an excellent track record of doing exactly that in any event.

More people have died in the name of religion, than ANY other cause in mans history. Granted, if it didn't exist, I am sure humans would come up with some other reason to make war on each other. We have an excellent track record of doing exactly that in any event.

Hey ... whatcha got over there. Cool, now I want that too ... here I'll just help myself to yours.

Nah ... that'd never happen.