Whats your favorite BEER

dogtown1

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having traveled over quite a bit of the world, I find that nearly every country has good beer (Greece may be an exception - or I was just unlucky there) Some of my favorites : Andes - from Argentina. When in Australia, I liked Coopers. In Mexico Bohemia or Negra Modelo. Canada Moosehead Lager. New Zealand Tui and Red Lion. Japan Kirin Lager. Germany - pick one at random and I'll drink it they are all good. US Mostly craft beers or Yuengling.

As to my favorite - the one in front of me at the time.

Having traveled over quite a bit of the world, I find that nearly every country has good beer (Greece may be an exception - or I was just unlucky there) Some of my favorites : Andes - from Argentina. When in Australia, I liked Coopers. In Mexico Bohemia or Negra Modelo. Canada Moosehead Lager. New Zealand Tui and Red Lion. Japan Kirin Lager. Germany - pick one at random and I'll drink it they are all good. US Mostly craft beers or Yuengling.

As to my favorite - the one in front of me at the time.

On that note, was very pleasantly surprised with Chinese beer. All pretty standard weak lagery fare, but can't remember having a bad one the whole time I was there: Tsingtao, Snow, Harbin (weirdly better in cans than bottles), Dalian Dry... all good enough, and all about 10-20p a bottle from a little shop rather than a bar or supermarket.

Old Speckled Hen.

Good man! Also from the real ale crowd: Old Peculiar.

But personally... Guinness. Or any stout, or any malty beer.

If I'm drinking fizzy lager, tends to be Red Stripe.

I can't get on with stout at all, it tastes like medicine. I do like Old Peculiar, our local stopped to doing about 6 months ago which was a shame, they replaced it with Black Sheep which is a very good session beer so it wasn't a complete disaster.

I've gotten used to English beer now, stuck on Sovereign or John Smiths, But would love some proper SA Castle Lager. You can get it over here, but brewed locally and sadly, just not the same :ermm:; but still enough for this :wacko:

Not the John Smiths keg? You might as well drop a tea bag into a pint of Fosters.

speaking of stout,

I went to a pub here in Florida called "The Queens Arms" and they had ALL the groovy pub food like scotch eggs and chip butty's and sheperds pie

any way the owner who also ran the tapper at the bar could fill you a pint glass of Guiness, and anyone who has had Guiness on tap knows that the "head" on that beer is like foam that wont die,

this guy would shut the tap off and the last stream of foam coming from the tap, he could move the glass around under the tap and make a shamrock in the head of your beer

also the beer tatses good but if you gulp down the foamy head on that Guiness it tastes like freakin used motor oil

:turned:

this guy would shut the tap off and the last stream of foam coming from the tap, he could move the glass around under the tap and make a shamrock in the head of your beer

:turned:

I HATE IT when people do that. :verymad:

Pouring Guinness properly:

- Pour 2/3 to 3/4 full

- Let it settle

- Top it up to full

- Do NOT add shamrock

:biggrin:

Gilroy's Pale Ale and their lager Favourite, Windhoek Lager or Light, Amstel (draft only!) and Heineken, and if I'm travelling with a can >deep breath< ...... ZAMALEEEEEEK - Black Label sê die bybel :dance:

I have a mood an moment for all of them. And I'll take that Castle if theres nothing left.