[WIP] Project Extend And Change Everything (PEACE)

antistar

Hi antistar,

Good to see you humming along on your mods roadmap.

I was wondering if you intended to address the problem of smaller caliber ammunition effect on power armor. It always sounded ridiculous to me that someone with a pipe weapon could finish you off while you are clad in heavy metal armor.

IMHO, anything less than 5.56 or 7.62 should have little to any effect on a power armor -I personally think that PA is equivalent to a walking APC. I am not sure someone ever truly got around to that problem.

Just my two caps here.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Antistar's said before that he isn't entertaining the notion of releasing different versions of WARS and PEACE,which includes individual things from the mods as standalones,because he deems the multiplied workload for negligible result to be a poor bargain. To use the man's own words; "Hell is other versions."

I'm looking forward to your PEACE & WAR mods, Making fallout 4 less like a Bathesda game and more like a quality one! Hope we can try the mods soon!

Thanks. :)

Any possibility of getting that weapon rack released as a standalone? It is incredible and just what I was looking for for my settlements. :happy:

It's typically like Moldy said there: hell is alternate versions.

That said, the concern is usually that you're stuck with something you don't use yourself that multiplies your workload going forward (i.e. whenever the mod needs an update), or it's something that would be a lot of work initially because it's very different to what you're doing in the mod. (On top of being something you don't want yourself and potentially also multiplying your future workload.)

The M12 weapon rack might not be so bad in that regard though, since it would be relatively simple to split off from PEACE and unlikely to need updates. (Famous last words.) It is something I've thought about before. I'm also still thinking about adding in another couple of simpler wooden weapon racks - so maybe after that? It'll depend on what's happening at the time - no promises, etc.

In the meantime, it seems like I'm back in the salt mines of tedious work in support of the encumbrance overhaul in PEACE. That part about weapons compensating for their own weight when equipped? That's something that requires an edit to just about every single weapon omod in the game, because weapon weight changes based on the mods attached to it, of course. This is all already done in WARS, but I need to do it again in PEACE or the encumbrance overhaul won't fully make sense for those not using WARS at the same time.

Fortunately I can build off all the research into weapon weights that I (and kuzi127) have already done for WARS, but some of those weapons are obviously different when not being replaced by WARS, and I can't just do a mass copy-paste of omod records from WARS to PEACE because a lot of the values in those records are also different in WARS.

So yeah... back to the salt mines.

I recently installed a mod (first mod ever from bethesda.net) which promises weapon and armor destruction, in several stages. I don't necessarily like any details, for example the armor kind of explodes if it deteriorates and 4 quality stages are too much, "normal", "damaged" and "destroyed" would be enough. I'm not sure wether the degradation rates are reasonable. But overall it adds a nice additional pressure, and fits my "scarcity approach". I hadn't a degraded firearm yet, just a machete and an armor piece (combat armor, the only decent armor in my game, from 200 to 11 dr, that hurts :) ). It makes me curious what other degradation systems were possible.

• 4 weeks later...

It's typically like Moldy said there: hell is alternate versions.

That said, the concern is usually that you're stuck with something you don't use yourself that multiplies your workload going forward (i.e. whenever the mod needs an update), or it's something that would be a lot of work initially because it's very different to what you're doing in the mod. (On top of being something you don't want yourself and potentially also multiplying your future workload.)

The M12 weapon rack might not be so bad in that regard though, since it would be relatively simple to split off from PEACE and unlikely to need updates. (Famous last words.) It is something I've thought about before. I'm also still thinking about adding in another couple of simpler wooden weapon racks - so maybe after that? It'll depend on what's happening at the time - no promises, etc.

Thanks for the response :cool: I do appreciate that you are building to a vision and extraneous stuff that is outside is distracting. That being said, the heart wants what the heart wants :happy: . Once again thanks for the response and I'll follow both of your projects as they progress. No worries about no promises :laugh:

I have been thinking more about this, actually. Along with the various weapon racks (the M12 rack plus wooden rifle and pistol racks), I've been thinking for a while about including some posters as decorative settlement objects. The posters would be public domain (as far as I'm aware) exploded-view diagrams of weapons, field-strip training aids, etc. Stuff to make an armoury or weapon workshop feel the part.

I finished the tedious CK monkey-work for the PEACE encumbrance overhaul stuff I was talking about above a little while ago, and I'm working on some other tedious CK monkey-work for WARS at the moment (implementing the universal weapon mod system), so it'd be nice to have a break from that sort of thing; I might do this weapon rack and poster stuff next.

• 5 weeks later...

Here are those new weapon racks I was talking about:

- Pistol Rack 01

- Pistol Rack 02

- Rifle Rack 01

- Rifle Rack 02

- Rifle Rack 03

These more civilian-looking wooden racks should offset the very military-styled M12 Weapon Rack I made earlier.

Like the M12 rack, these racks use the weapon rack script from the Contraptions DLC and are modular. Unlike the M12 rack, here you can just place a single rifle or pistol rack mount on its own, without needing to place a frame first and snap them into that. Instead you can just snap several together in a row, and (for the rifle rack) optionally snap on endpieces.

I am still considering releasing these weapon racks (and related Workshop items) as a standalone mod. For the reasons I mentioned earlier, but also because I realised recently that this year marks twenty years since I first released a mod on the Internet. (That's just releasing mods - I've been making them for longer still. I must be getting old.) It would be nice to release something this year to mark the occasion.

So yeah, we'll see.