[WIP] Project Extend And Change Everything (PEACE)

antistar

Not to go in depth at lengths about my reaction to run the risk of sounding overly dramatic, but I would die for Cargotron.

Really though, great work! Will there be any drawbacks for having the largest carry weight, like reduced speed or not being able to equip weapons? Protectrons aren't exactly the strongest bots, so I could see that in itself being a drawback in place of a kitted Assaultron with smaller storage.

Haha - thanks. :)

All the robot cargo carriers have a 20% movement speed penalty associated with them. The drawback with the Cargotron torso specifically is that it has relatively low DR and ER values to begin with, and you can't attach armour pieces to it to increase those values. You also can't attach a head, which in turn means you miss out on the armour pieces you could attach to it, too.

I'm still tweaking these values, but the CW bonuses I've got on the cargo carriers currently are:

- Assaultron: 100

- Robobrain: 150?

- Sentry Bot: 150?

- Protectron: 200

The Robobrain and Sentry Bot cargo carrier values are the most subject to change. Ideally I want the Sentry Bot's CC CW bonus to be higher than the Robobrain but lower than the Protectron (Cargotron), so hey, maybe it will instead be like:

- Robobrain: 150

- Sentry Bot: 200

- Protectron: 250

Or like this, if the above feels like too much:

- Robobrain: 125

- Sentry Bot: 150

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible to give the Cargotron a set of Robobrain treads or a Sentry tripod? Before,I never used Protectrons due to general combat ineffectiveness,but now that they're the top shelf loot mule,I'd like them to be able to move faster than a one-legged hobble.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the last of the cargo carriers - this time for the Robobrain torso:

- Robot Cargo Carriers 12

- Robot Cargo Carriers 13

- Robot Cargo Carriers 14

- Robot Cargo Carriers 15

- Robot Cargo Carriers 16

I think this might be my second-favourite of these designs, after the Cargotron torso.

I'm not sure what I'll be moving onto next. Probably some tidying up of loose ends. I don't know that there are any other big, marquee features I have in mind for PEACE right now... just a bunch of more minor things, most likely.

Antistar. As you likely know,FO4's engine is temperamental at best,and can corrupt even vanilla saves without any reasonable cause or warning. Well,Kinggath devised a mod that can detect this upon game load. Might wanna plug in support for Canary in WARS and PEACE.

Edited by Moldy

Thanks for pointing it out; I've added support in both WARS and PEACE.

PEACE only has a single, very simple script (one used by the "Empty Blood Pack, Sterile" to add a "Blood Pack, Safe" on use), so it probably doesn't actually need it, at least right now. Canary support is ridiculously easy to add though, so it's in there in case of future additions to PEACE.

WARS does have several more complex scripts in it, so it's more likely to come in handy there.

Given the nature of the all the cargo carriers's job, I would suggest you go with the values you mentionned below.

The Robobrain and Sentry Bot cargo carrier values are the most subject to change. Ideally I want the Sentry Bot's CC CW bonus to be higher than the Robobrain but lower than the Protectron (Cargotron), so hey, maybe it will instead be like:

- Sentry Bot: 200

- Protectron: 250

The speed penalty justifies IMO the higher payload. In real life 200lbs is not that much for a powered mechanical device. You can always charge more for building and repairing it to compensate as well.

Then again, its your call.

At the moment I think I've got it as:

... But as you say, maybe 200lbs isn't all that much in this context. A while ago (in the WARS WIP thread I think) I described how seeing weights listed in pounds probably subconsciously seem much heavier to me than they really are, because I'm used to using kilos. I see 250lbs and subconsciously I'm thinking "250kg! That's huge! That's, like, over four times my own body weight!"

But no, 250lbs is only ~113kg. So maybe I will go for that, after all; we'll see.

At the moment I think I've got it as:

... But as you say, maybe 200lbs isn't all that much in this context. A while ago (in the WARS WIP thread I think) I described how seeing weights listed in pounds probably subconsciously seem much heavier to me than they really are, because I'm used to using kilos. I see 250lbs and subconsciously I'm thinking "250kg! That's huge! That's, like, over four times my own body weight!"

But no, 250lbs is only ~113kg. So maybe I will go for that, after all; we'll see.

I live in Canada. Officially metric of course. But everything here is still measured and sold as both metric AND imperial. I live and work with both daily...