Why are Modders leaving Nexus

kenmorlock

Three cheers to modders who burn out but then later return like Djmystro of World of Pain. Four or more cheers for those mod authors who have stuck around for years, like LlamaRCA and others. Condolences for mod authors like Emma who have been wounded by the words of mean spirited trolls posting on the Nexus. If we are not giving these authors money, then we need to give them endorsements and compliments or at the bare minimum behave graciously.

I've noticed there are discussion pages for various mods on the Nexus which are being assisted by kind hearted and helpful fans . A round of applause for those who step in anc volunteer their help in answering the questions of less experienced players, which lessens the burden on the mod authors.

If you want answers then we need names.

Frederick Barbarossa

Luis Fonsi

Stephen Donaldson

Elizabeth Windsor

Mickey Spillane

Jane Chastain

Sander Vanocur

Now for a question for which I am seeking an answer. How do you make love stay?

I know of one who quit because they have ALL the info needed on their description page, and in a FAQ and several sticky posts right at the top of their comment section, yet the entire comment section is an endless cavalcade of of "Hurr durr, How do I....", "Derp, can this mod...." "Herp does this mod work with...."

All of the info is on the description page, and stickies, IN BIG LETTERS yet people would rather not bother to read any of that, and just want their questions answered non-stop

I´ve noticed some of my favourite modders leaving due to " differences of opinion" with moderators and such.. maybe , some, moderators, are confusing real-life and mods ? because it seems that "some" topics, words, types of slang and so on is slowly but surely getting censored from the site.. i could be wrong but..

it seems that "some" topics, words, types of slang and so on is slowly but surely getting censored from the site.. i could be wrong but..

https://help.nexusmods.com/article/18-terms-of-service

https://help.nexusmods.com/article/27-moderation-policy

None of this is new or shocking.

Unless you mean something outside of that and then you'd have to be more specific.