Vortex 1.0 Release

BigBizkit

I use that language because it's an accurate description of the scenario. A proper mod manager allows for manually shifting a mod from one place in a load order to another - WITHOUT the additional steps necessary to enact a rule from a 3rd party program like LOOT.

MO/MO2, Wrye Bash, NMM (old and new), OBMM, and an entire slew of other lesser known stuff I can't think of right now all allow this for Bethesda games. Vortex does not. It's really just that simple.

Now, why don't you share how long you've actually worked with Vortex?

What games have you modded with it?

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #72404973.

HadToRegister wrote:

I use that language because it's an accurate description of the scenario. A proper mod manager allows for manually shifting a mod from one place in a load order to another - WITHOUT the additional steps necessary to enact a rule from a 3rd party program like LOOT.

MO/MO2, Wrye Bash, NMM (old and new), OBMM, and an entire slew of other lesser known stuff I can't think of right now all allow this for Bethesda games. Vortex does not. It's really just that simple.

Long enough to know what I said was 100% accurate. I don't need to have spent years learning it's many inner secrets to know this. So stop acting like that's the only thing that can qualify one to have a fact based opinion on the matter.

HadToRegister wrote:

Long enough to know what I said was 100% accurate. I don't need to have spent years learning it's many inner secrets to know this. So stop acting like that's the only thing that can qualify one to have a fact based opinion on the matter.

So, no solid answer, just a lame "Long enough to know.." excuse.

99% of the time, when someone "Hates Vortex" it turns out that they only diddled around with it for a couple of minutes and decided they hate it because it's not NMM, so pardon me for being skeptical

OK, we get it, you don't like Vortex, you hate change, and you want to argue to the death about semantics.

It's tiresome having to wade through page after page of YOU repeating the same thing SEVERAL TIMES PER PAGE about how you don't like Vortex.

How many times do you have to let everybody know you don't like it?

How much attention do you need?

You're like those people on Steam, that don't like a game, and they spend every waking moment in the game threads telling everybody how much the game sucks.

Move on, nobody cares anymore, WE HEARD YOU THE FIRST HUNDRED TIMES.

Why don't YOU stop already?

You've made it quite clear you don't like Vortex, do we really need to see several of your posts per page saying the same thing over and over again?

You should stop acting like only your opinion matters about Vortex.

You're just repeating yourself ad nauseam at this point.

While I'm in this thread several times, it's to correct a lot of misinformation that is being tossed around like it's truth.

In response to post #72406218.

HadToRegister wrote:

HadToRegister wrote:

99% of the time, when someone "Hates Vortex" it turns out that they only diddled around with it for a couple of minutes and decided they hate it because it's not NMM, so pardon me for being skeptical

OK, we get it, you don't like Vortex, you hate change, and you want to argue to the death about semantics.
It's tiresome having to wade through page after page of YOU repeating the same thing SEVERAL TIMES PER PAGE about how you don't like Vortex.

You're like those people on Steam, that don't like a game, and they spend every waking moment in the game threads telling everybody how much the game sucks.

You've made it quite clear you don't like Vortex, do we really need to see several of your posts per page saying the same thing over and over again?

While I'm in this thread several times, it's to correct a lot of misinformation that is being tossed around like it's truth.

It's not an excuse. People asked, I gave my opinion. It's factually based and 100% valid. I do not need to meet YOUR standards for how long one needs to use Vortex to know it's lacking what I consider a basic necessary feature. It doesn't exist. So instead of just accepting what I have to say on that, you and your squad have resorted to name calling and insults. Typical of most Vortex fanbois I find.

So how about you butt out if you have nothing useful to say in response to when OTHER PEOPLE ask me why I hold the opinion I hold. It's none of your god damned business unless you have an agenda to push and my commenting against that is bothering you.

Take a nice long look in the nearest mirror pal. I ain't the one who's sitting here repeating the same nonsense over and over again. That would be you, lashing out at people in protection of your new toy. Can the staff and developers not defend themselves or something? Do they NEED you to intercede on their behalf every time? Cause frankly that's what's getting old is seeing you acolytes out thumping your bibles trying to forcefully convert the masses any way you can.

HadToRegister wrote:

HadToRegister wrote:

It's not an excuse. People asked, I gave my opinion. It's factually based and 100% valid. I do not need to meet YOUR standards for how long one needs to use Vortex to know it's lacking what I consider a basic necessary feature. It doesn't exist. So instead of just accepting what I have to say on that, you and your squad have resorted to name calling and insults. Typical of most Vortex fanbois I find.

So how about you butt out if you have nothing useful to say in response to when OTHER PEOPLE ask me why I hold the opinion I hold. It's none of your god damned business unless you have an agenda to push and my commenting against that is bothering you.

Take a nice long look in the nearest mirror pal. I ain't the one who's sitting here repeating the same nonsense over and over again. That would be you, lashing out at people in protection of your new toy. Can the staff and developers not defend themselves or something? Do they NEED you to intercede on their behalf every time? Cause frankly that's what's getting old is seeing you acolytes out thumping your bibles trying to forcefully convert the masses any way you can.

You gave your opinion, over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

I'd accept what you had to say on it, if you didn't make at least 3 posts every single page saying it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

I'm no fanboi, and I'm not an acolyte, but hey, nice Ad Hominems

Go drag your tedious bandwagoning somewhere else, we've all heard you and your "opinion" a multitude of times now, you've become tedious in your hate for Vortex, and this gets us nowhere with you constantly trumpeting your dislike for it, like a broken frigging record.

In response to post #72411173.

HadToRegister wrote:

HadToRegister wrote:

HadToRegister wrote:

You gave your opinion, over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
I'd accept what you had to say on it, if you didn't make at least 3 posts every single page saying it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
I'm no fanboi, and I'm not an acolyte, but hey, nice Ad Hominems

Go drag your tedious bandwagoning somewhere else, we've all heard you and your "opinion" a multitude of times now, you've become tedious in your hate for Vortex, and this gets us nowhere with you constantly trumpeting your dislike for it, like a broken frigging record.

Well then take your own advice and STOP POSTING ABOUT IT.

I sure as hell didn't ask you to come s#*! on my replies to other people asking questions so why do you feel you need to do so?

As I said, people asked. I responded. I'm not just gonna stay quiet because you zealots don't like what I have to say. That's just not how it works. So if you don't like what I say, ignore it and move on. At this point you appear to be the only one trying to keep the controversy alive now.

Wow. Maybe I should not be extending the life of this argument. But................

I simply don't get the it. As an experiment, I made a clean game profile. Installed a smallish amount of mods, around 30. I turned off auto sort. And then proceeded to use Vorteex's drag and drop option to order the plugins. Because auto sort is turned off, Vortex/LOOT won't mess with your load order. Isn't that what the Arthmoor's of the world want? Maybe I am missing the point, but this seems like much fuss over nothing.

Edited by Zanderat

Hmm... been using the community version of NMM and it hasn't crashed yet.

Vortex was like iOS back when I grabbed the beta: very limiting on what you could do, but speedy and "simple". It just wasn't for me.

Flashy and modern looking or not, I was not impressed with Vortex at all or any of its supposed improved features. It may have changed significantly since the beta, but hey, if NMM isn't broke don't fix it.

Also, for anyone (like myself for a while) who still has the official and outdated NMM launcher, there is a community version that is constantly being updated. So no need to complain about being "forced" to switch to Vortex; you're not.

https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/4/?tab=files

Cheers all! To each their own.

Edited by ShannasLiva

In response to post #72419883.

Zanderat wrote: Wow. Maybe I should not be extending the life of this argument. But................

I simply don't get the it. As an experiment, I made a clean game profile. Installed a smallish amount of mods, around 30. I turned off auto sort. And then proceeded to use Vorteex's drag and drop option to order the plugins. Because auto sort is turned off, Vortex/LOOT won't mess with your load order. Isn't that what the Arthmoor's of the world want? Maybe I am missing the point, but this seems like much fuss over nothing.

You are somewhat missing the point, yes. In order to get what you describe, you have to disable the autosort. Which means you'd have to go back to the way actual mod managers handle things and run LOOT externally to get that benefit, but the problem is that you're still generating rules for what you're asking of it when it would have been simpler to just stick to the standards the community has established and offer a proper drag & drop without compromising the integration with LOOT. If other programs can do this, surely Vortex can too? Unless of course, as the developers say, they've set out to change the standard for the sake of changing the standard. Which is something I'd expect out of Microsoft, not a mod installer.

Guest deleted34304850

can i ask how is the integration with loot compromised in the scenario above? I am taking the use of the word compromised in this context, to indicate that loot's function has been somehow broken, or, at least, mis-used.

is my understanding of that wrong? again, thanks in advance for any insight you can offer.