Borderlands 2

Thor.

Just finished the game a little while ago. I didn't like it as much as Borderlands 1. I felt like Borderlands 1 had a better main story, maps, enemies, classes, loot, etc. Basically everything in Borderlands 1 was better IMO.

I wish they would have made the enemies/missions scale to your level, they didn't do that in Borderlands 1, but I didn't see any changes made for the better in this, and there are lots of little things they could have done to make the game more fun. Doing quests that give rewards for gear that is 5+ levels under you makes it a complete waste of time, as well as just running through enemies to get to the next objective because they give 2-4xp per kill and are a complete waste of time. If you do all the missions in the game, you will get over leveled quick.

Also Gunzerker is clearly overpowered. I put most of my points in rampage and by level 30 or so I was perma gunzerking as long as I was shooting stuff, meaning it would recharge before it ended. I also never ran out of ammo. I rarely died or even needed to fight for life, occasionally some exploding mobs would get me, but that was only because I rushed head in and got surrounded which is a viable strategy most of the time. My weapon of choice was gunzerking with Vladof pistols, high damage, rate of fire, and decent mags. No other class in this game holds a candle to Gunzerker. I played Commando a little bit and it just seems like a weaker version of Gunzerker.

Edited by Beriallord

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished the game a little while ago. I didn't like it as much as Borderlands 1. I felt like Borderlands 1 had a better main story, maps, enemies, classes, loot, etc. Basically everything in Borderlands 1 was better IMO.

I wish they would have made the enemies/missions scale to your level, they didn't do that in Borderlands 1, but I didn't see any changes made for the better in this, and there are lots of little things they could have done to make the game more fun. Doing quests that give rewards for gear that is 5+ levels under you makes it a complete waste of time, as well as just running through enemies to get to the next objective because they give 2-4xp per kill and are a complete waste of time. If you do all the missions in the game, you will get over leveled quick.

Also Gunzerker is clearly overpowered. I put most of my points in rampage and by level 30 or so I was perma gunzerking as long as I was shooting stuff, meaning it would recharge before it ended. I also never ran out of ammo. I rarely died or even needed to fight for life, occasionally some exploding mobs would get me, but that was only because I rushed head in and got surrounded which is a viable strategy most of the time. My weapon of choice was gunzerking with Vladof pistols, high damage, rate of fire, and decent mags. No other class in this game holds a candle to Gunzerker. I played Commando a little bit and it just seems like a weaker version of Gunzerker.

thats because the gunzerker is built for a type/style of gameplay. i found him completely boring. ive been loving my Zer0 and my Maya. ive been loving BL2. only been playing a little (think im only lvl 19) cause ive got school and work and playing some GW2 and TL2 as well. i think there are more variety in the enemies (though not much more lol) the maps are obviously much better since they are like 10x the size of the first game. the loot is better. different stats now (where 500dmg sniper in BL1 was good, its extremely weak now) WAY better looking guns, more variety in guns, how they look and perform and their abilities. the classes i find about the same. i liked them all in BL1 and i feel the same now in BL2. however again, i like my assassin and siren, same as the first. didnt care for Roland or Brick in the first, dont care for Axton or Salvador in this one. and as far as the main story goes. the first one was boring. the only thing i like about BL2 is the info about whats happened between then and now and the behind the scenes info, etc. other then that, the story isnt anything special, but i wasnt expecting it to be a Kojima Production or anything. i think BL2 improved over most everything from BL1, though it still has things that could have been fixed, like scaling enemies, or Loot Sharing Need/Greed system or even personalized loot. in a loot game like Borderlands, not having something like that is just plain stupid. when the game revolves around getting better loot, and you can loot steal as easy as you can press a button, thats just a little pathetic, and idk how they never thought of it.

I used the gold key exploit after about half way through time game because I was tired of using whatever crummy white and green weapons that would pop up out of the bandit crapper stall. I can't say I found a single weapon in the normal game that was remotely decent. In Borderlands 1 I was actually able to find orange weapons, eridian guns and stuff just playing the game normally. They make you actually have to grind for the decent weapons, or get really lucky in Borderlands 2. That sucks, some people might like that but I'm not one of those people. They also got no decent grinding spots like in Borderlands 1, rooms with a bunch of chests or etc. Most of the blue weapons you get from quests which might have been decent for their level are already old and not even as good as a white/green weapon from a bandit crapper stall that is up to your level.

In my first playthrough I didn't find a single E-tech weapon from a drop, or anything orange quality. Some could say I was just unlucky but my brother also beat the game and didn't have any better luck with drops than I did. I played Borderlands 1 for about 6 months, and I'm more or less done with this game after just 1 play through.

Me and my brother for awhile had an ongoing joke going, I'd ask what weapons are you using, he would reply "whatever flushes up from the bandit stall". Its sad but true.

Hey do you by any chance have the ps3 version bariallord ??? I used my key by accident on my first play through http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/down.gif

Hey do you by any chance have the ps3 version bariallord ??? I used my key by accident on my first play through http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/down.gif

I'm on the PC version. And I'm more or less done with the game. I didn't fork out $60, and got it for pretty cheap from direct2play. http://www.direct2play.com/254-borderlands-2-pc-game-steam-digital-download-multilanguage-region-free.html

There have been false rumors going around about them not giving legit copies, but mine works perfectly fine. My brother also got his copy from there and his works fine. I think the game is worth $24 but its definitely not worth much more than that.

i started with the purple weapons from the chest, but it didnt take long for me to find better weapons from drops. i dont think ive really used any weapons from missions. though i do find some good stuff in the vending machines.

ive already found a couple of OJ weapons (lvl 20), and tons of purple weapons. and in borderlands 1, idk if i ever found any OJ weapons on play through 1. those didnt come until NG+ and NG++, thats also when the vending machines started having a higher chance of selling OJ weapons too. on top of that, BL1 had like half the weapons BL2 has, so ofc you found rarer ones more often.

idk. i loved borderlands 1. spent hundreds of hours playing it solo, online and split screen coop with friends with all 4 toons. but i still think borderlands 2 out matches it. will i ever go back to borderlands 1? yea maybe. i got some DLC trophies i never got, so an 87% Platinum game looks a little funky, might go back someday and attempt to get some more, but other then that, i dont see why anyone would pick BL1 over BL2 unless they never played it or for nostalgia purposes. maybe you just set your hopes too high? idk. because for the most part 99% of BL2 is exactly the same as BL1 and im enjoying the hell out of it. taking it nice and slow.

I completely replaced my arsenal from the ground up today, new grenades, new shield, and eveyr single gun replaced.

Then new lineup:

Primary:

Hyperion Morning Star. I normally resent talking guns, but this one's so beautiful and so funny I couldn't say no. With a chrome cerulean/black finish, sublime(99.1) accuracy, a massive hit boosted by a crit bonus, and very gentle recoil, it's a near-perfect sniper rifle, not just for it's stats, but also it's enormous predictability. It shoots where you point. The voice is very funny-this gun's got ethics, and it's gonna tell you what it thinks of you-unlike other guns it only speaks after a kill, meaning it doesn't become a distraction. Dialogue is funny though, it's like having one of those "video games make kids into psychos" advocates watching you play, with lines like "BUT HE HAD A FAMILY!" "Nice shot... murderer." "YOU HORRIBLE HORRIBLE PERSON!!!" and my personal favorite "If you weren't such a crap shot you wouldn't be reloading right now" Normally I hate talking guns, but this one rarely speaks, and the weapon itself is more than worth the annoyance.

Chief sidearms:

Vladof Woeful Renegade: Nothing fancy, basically an AK-47. Fast rate of fire, freakishly low recoil, and excellent accuracy. Bandit Bullit-Go-Fastah-Smigg. Probably my favourite, this lil' monster may be tiny, but it's got a lock-on scope for extra accuracy, very very little recoil(almost none) and a vast 60 shot mag that usually lasts me three nomads. It's nothing fancy, but it sure as hell works.

Special munitions:

EVIL-SMASHER!!! With a badass grafitti paint scheme, and freak damage, this big, ugly Torgue is my exploder of choice. It doesn't have amazing DPS, but the splash damage and reliability mean it's got it's place. Bandit E-TEch Spiker. Never runs out of ammo(seemingly) has superb recoil damping, a decent rate of fire, and stupendously good Elemental chance(Shock). Add in a stunning chrome tangerine/glowing cerulean colour scheme and some good grafitti on the bayonette, and you've got a good sidearm. Vladof Troublemaker. Corpsemaker would be a better name, it's got Revolver grade damage, a 40 round mag, a scope, fast reloads AND a ridonkulously high elemental effect chance(fire). It's what I use when I want to be OP, because it is OP. Soooo OP.

Also new is my look-I've added a screaming tangerine mohawk. I look like a bandit now.

Edited by Vindekarr

Gunzererker also has ammo regen, so ya makes him over powered http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/teehee.gif

i still dont see how that makes him OP? you said the same thing about BL1 that ammo regen is OP or w.e. ive never had ammo regen and i got along just fine, esp once you had all the ammo capacity upgrades, id never run out. you find soooo much ammo in the game that ammo regen is nearly pointless. plus ammo is cheap even when you do buy it.