Rep System gone.

Deleted2547005User

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes me most curious about this whole mess is that although there wasn't even an announcement telling they're done already, still everybody and their mother keeps complaining about features "currently" (as in "temporarily") missing which going by earlier announcements are going to be re-implemented during the process anyways. Turning off the little reputation buttons was easy. Re-implementing the post-hiding feature for Premium members without it won't be.

Can't you just wait for them to finish, wait for a public announcement, before you start spamming the forums with your complaints? :unsure:

Well I stand by what I said before, the rep system was roundly abused and was used as a tool of petty spite, certainly that has been my experience, when I have posted comments that were anything but trollish. I just don't like the idea of it being used as a score settling tool, it solves nothing. And letting mod authors moderate their own comments and block certain people would be no different.

And yes, I may soon be in the position (I am working on somethingf with another) where I do have asinine remarks and comments to deal with - rig back and can start modding again - and you know what I'm going to do? Yup, hit the report button. File comments trolling is a zero tolerance zone and the staff DO act on it. It wouldn't bother me that the asinine comment was still there if there was Moderator/Admin yellow underneath it booting them out of the door.

Trolls aside, I spend most of my time here in the Image Share section these days, where I find I'm really missing being able to 'thumbs up' someone's comment, or see others 'liking' comments I've made. It's made the atmosphere somewhat lacking, I'm afraid. Maybe add a 'Like This' button for comments with a number counter, no 'dislike' button at all, just for users to interact with each other a little?

Trolls aside, I spend most of my time here in the Image Share section these days, where I find I'm really missing being able to 'thumbs up' someone's comment, or see others 'liking' comments I've made. It's made the atmosphere somewhat lacking, I'm afraid. Maybe add a 'Like This' button for comments with a number counter, no 'dislike' button at all, just for users to interact with each other a little?

I think that's what endorsements are for, but I do agree about the atmosphere thing it seems to be a lot more pleasant and hassle-free in the image share. I think it's a completely different league in actual file uploads with it being more mainstream and the main reason new people visit the sites who don't know any better or are just plain ignorant.

I found that at least in my own threads aggressively keeping them at bay this way has worked wonders. They don't bother to try again, and even the spammers who find their way to my stuff every now and then don't come back.

You seem to be painting a bemusing one sided picture considering you've also been on the receiving end of "authors" who have stolen your work on Steam Workshop and deleted any trace of your comments on their uploads that have attempted to inform people that it's stolen and that you don't approve.

Yes, and you're leaving out the part where all of that got sorted once it became clear that the proper channel for dealing with it was to go straight to GStaff via the email he gave us. With no mod entry at all, being unable to post comments to it hardly matters anymore.

Plus, I probably left out that what few idiots DID come back for repeat drivebys have all been blocked from any communication with me whatsoever. It's worked wonders to keep the hardcore trollers at bay.

In this case, the good benefits outweigh the potential for abuse.

I'm also well aware that I too once advocated for not allowing outright deletions on author posts, but times have changed. SW has contributed heavily to that by demonstrating that a simple post deletion does wonders. Now if they could just get the rest of their moderation in line with this....

..Gone? It still shows up for me. I never noticed it missing and I'm a standard user currently. What do you mean gone?

I think they are working on skyrimnexus, after all this is an unofficial topic and the NV ones are gone at least. I haven't looked at the other sites yet but i'm assuming that it takes time for each one.

The update due today on the sites will give Supporters/Premium members the ability to "show" or "hide" posts made on their own mods or images. It was always intended to do this, there were just a few bugs.