New NMM version and site fixes

Dark0ne

The below is just my thoughts on this, it is not a rant, just words in a comment-field.

I am really looking forward to those changes that makes NMM or the Site adapt to using the same multiversion format (ie. downloading an addon to a mod, and the addons latest versionnumber differs from the main plugin). Or same formats at all actually, would be really nice indeed. Being able to retry/resume downloads would be nice too. Being able to view what .esp is installed by what mod is another thing I am really looking forward to. And a way to see how large a mods archive is in the list (in bytes), to be able to compare and possibly know which file is which. I rather have more file info, but at least just a tiny bit is more than nothing. Sorting mods by install-date, file-date, author and the other columns would be nice too. I would rather that the modinfo (html-info) would not move all columns when shown, a compromise would possibly be to always show the modinfo-area, or even better have the option to make it show somewhere else entirely.

With all that it would be pretty much close to perfect. =)

NMM is a very very good and easy-to-use mod-installer, I cant seem to find any other easier to use, I really appreciate all the effort. I really do!

Edited by xng

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice update, but some of the mods when you click their latest version link send you to a different mod than it should =/. Also that "latest version" is of the wrong mod it sends you to, not the mod you're selecting. Edited by eSoDian

@Aurora2 , im not sure why yours is like that, mine just updated and restarted and i get all the yellow triangles and all my mods as far as i can tell( its a 156 mods soo) have the correct version.

on another note, im glad to hear that many of the smaller annoying bugs are fixed. good work and keep on doing what you do.

Edit- i guess as darkones comment above explains, there is that new botton, now is that because since its set to only check "1-7" days or however set before it will show or the triangles only update when its scheduled to? seems to all work fine for me either way.

Edited by ARLEN1172

It looks like the yellow "new update" triangle might only show when you press the new "update mod versions" button. I started NMM today, no triangles (despite mods being out of date). Pressed the button, got triangles. I'll inquire as to whether that's intentional or not. If not, no doubt it will be patched in with the next patch. The fix is, however, to press the update button.

Have to agree with Dark0ne on this since I had the triangles when I first launched 0.33.1, my guess is due to it forcing the first time to run the checks after update to get a starting point for the check timer. And after closing it and relaunching it I no longer have the version out of date triangles.

Hey there,

wanted to take the time to tell you that I totally love the mod manager. Now there is one Problem I'm having and because of the nature of it I cant use the Bug Tracker for it. I also suppose you know about this "Bug" and it may be intentional, but I wanted to take this chance to recommend thinking about changing it:

The Mod Manager, at least the last version I have on my machine, wont work when I'm offline. normally this isn't a problem but I'm having provider problems right now and so it is. I know I could just start SKSE without NMM and play but I have some problems with textures which I installed via NMM and have no idea how to fix them without NMM.

So, I have no idea if the changes in updating you mentioned above changed that as well, but I would really like to have a chance to play Skyrim with your great mod manager even if I'm not online.

Thanks for the time and your great work, pr0lz.

Hey there,

wanted to take the time to tell you that I totally love the mod manager. Now there is one Problem I'm having and because of the nature of it I cant use the Bug Tracker for it. I also suppose you know about this "Bug" and it may be intentional, but I wanted to take this chance to recommend thinking about changing it:

The Mod Manager, at least the last version I have on my machine, wont work when I'm offline. normally this isn't a problem but I'm having provider problems right now and so it is. I know I could just start SKSE without NMM and play but I have some problems with textures which I installed via NMM and have no idea how to fix them without NMM.

So, I have no idea if the changes in updating you mentioned above changed that as well, but I would really like to have a chance to play Skyrim with your great mod manager even if I'm not online.

Thanks for the time and your great work, pr0lz.

Upgrade to the latest version of NMM then use the "Offline" button when NMM presents you with the login screen. This puts NMM in offline mode. You obviously won't be able to download or check mod versions while in offline mode, but everything else should work.