1950 - 1960 TV Shows you wish would come back.

jjb54

If only my Mom were around today. She would really be able to get her head into these conversations. :sad: I don't know why, I even have an inkling of things to post.

I guess I missed out when the discussions occurred and just want a babysitter, because everyone around was like all of you folks seem to be. Well informed! Wise about all that I only know inklings about.

I'll bow out now. The snow outside is starting to melt.

Hogans heros never let the Germans win due to the reqest of Klinks actor who was Jewish. Also several actors involved were holocaust survivors as well. One big reason the show was popular was how it separated the German air force from the actual Nazi's as POW camps run by the German Army and Air force were a lot better then the Nazi SS camps and actual concentration camps.

Also I'm not saying the show needed an actual threat where the good guys actually lose. Just that if it was made today it would need it.

There's loads. But four that stand out are "The Travels Of Jamie McPheeters" with a young Kurt Russell and "Rawhide". The former becuse I don't remember much about it except that I liked it and the latter to see a beginning Clint Eastwood again and for the begin-tune.

Then there's "The Invaders" with Roy Thinnes. As I recall it was one of the more intelligent science fiction series of its day. And "Raumpatrouille (Raumschiff Orion)" a German SF series with Dietmar Schönherr that was ahead of its time.

Those were GREAT.

Yes, The Invaders was great, great writing, I totally agree!

Yes, I'm 65, so I remember those quite well.

Also remember the " The Time Tunnel " ???

There's loads. But four that stand out are "The Travels Of Jamie McPheeters" with a young Kurt Russell and "Rawhide". The former becuse I don't remember much about it except that I liked it and the latter to see a beginning Clint Eastwood again and for the begin-tune.

Then there's "The Invaders" with Roy Thinnes. As I recall it was one of the more intelligent science fiction series of its day. And "Raumpatrouille (Raumschiff Orion)" a German SF series with Dietmar Schönherr that was ahead of its time.

Those were GREAT.

I'm from March 1961 and we had tons of British and American series on Belgian Flemish TV. Belgian French also had 'em, but those were 'post-synchronised' (dubbed in French) while Flemish TV gave everything in the original language with sub-titles. Sure, I remember The Time Tunnel. And "I Spy", "Peyton Place", "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.", etc, etc.

Those were GREAT.

I'm from March 1961 and we had tons of British and American series on Belgian Flemish TV. Belgian French also had 'em, but those were 'post-synchronised' (dubbed in French) while Flemish TV gave everything in the original language with sub-titles. Sure, I remember The Time Tunnel. And "I Spy", "Peyton Place", "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.", etc, etc.

I SPY ....

The Man From U.N.C.L.E.

David Mc .. is 86 years odd now! :O

. o O ( I guess that's why I'm 65, we do indeed get older. )

Dean Martin Roasts!!!

Some of the funniest stuff, without needing to *bleep* every other word.

Foster Brooks was a national treasure, along with Don Rickles

DMR's were a lot of fun. You are right, you did not need to " bleep " every other word ... and everyone could poke fun at anything, there was NO PC then.

Well if I can't be an old Grumpa I rather be a sailor man; I'd rather have a boat that can; take gorgeous and skimpy dressed ladies that can want to go for a ride on the Pacific Ocean Highwaves.

Striker879 I would have thought your fav would have been interested in Gilligan's Island

Oh yes ... watched plenty of those way back in the day.

Funny story ...

Back when my oldest granddaughter was five she came for her second visit on my boat (the previous year her Mom, my eldest as well, and her spent a few days). My younger daughter, her Aunt, was along to "help" grandpa with some of the more delicate feminine stuff (showers etc) on her second sojourn.

We're sitting in the cockpit tied up to the dock in the marina just before lunch. Lunch time tends to be a busy time, with some early up-and-at-'em types arriving from various anchorages and other marinas, and the late starters getting underway from our marina, bound for parts unknown. My grandaughter had brought some little kid's "boom-box" type thing that only played one song and we were at the point that we really needed to get her onto something different.

My daughter and I were trying to recall all the words to the Gilligan's Island theme to teach her the song when just a couple of boatwells over from us this big powerboat cranked up the Gilligan's Island theme on their flybridge sound system. Shortly after that they fired up the engines and left.

Serenidipity rules ... they probably "announce" their intentions that way every time they leave harbour, but it happened to be exactly at the right time for us.

The granddaughter had no interest in Gilligan's Island and immediately went back to whatever the latest popular song was on her toy ... and we endured.