Erotic Bethesda Mods and Sexuality

JoeOGrant

most people get banned by insulting skimpy outfit like saying the mod are gay but i've never seen someone banned because of insulting non-lore friendly weapon mod. weird huh? and skimpy outfit insulting seems only happen on skyrim and maybe oblivion nexus.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

most people get banned by insulting skimpy outfit like saying the mod are gay but i've never seen someone banned because of insulting non-lore friendly weapon mod. weird huh? and skimpy outfit insulting seems only happen on skyrim and maybe oblivion nexus.

Not maybe. But definitely Oblivion, loads of modder QQ I quit shenanigans happened over oblivion, modders and T&A mods.

Good points both Vindekarr and jim_uk. I was going to mention myself that it is not remotely rare to see nudity in certain cultures (plenty of boobs on the frescos in Knossos for example)nor is it at all unknown, even in cold climates, for warriors to fight naked or near naked.

Good points both Vindekarr and jim_uk. I was going to mention myself that it is not remotely rare to see nudity in certain cultures (plenty of boobs on the frescos in Knossos for example)nor is it at all unknown, even in cold climates, for warriors to fight naked or near naked.

The problem is Hollywood and it's ilk have sanitised history, for example if they were to accurately depict ancient Roman or Greek culture the result would be R rated. Sadly many take this sanitised version of history as fact.

Oh yes, some of that graffiti in Pompeii is pretty filthy (we did Latin at my school, hehe, and the willies scrawled around don't need any translation), which gives some idea of how roistering Roman society really was. Right from the ordinary citizen up to the Emperor. Far too outright rude for Hollywood - sorry to my friends in the US for us exporting so many of our Puritans over there, only for their descendants three hundred years later to clean up the Hollywood version of the randy Romans...

Seriously, even the supposedly prim and proper Brits - I speak of the society that I know the best - have actually been anything but for most of their history. I studied Chaucer at school too - Lord those nuns were broad minded - that certainly depicts medieval society as pretty darned bawdy. We did have a brief period of Puritanism with 'orrible Ollie Cromwell and his gang...and it was sooooo boring that we had perhaps our most famously playboy monarch Charles II next. We didn't get prim and proper again until Victorian times, and that was only on the surface, because the sex was all hidden away didn't mean it wasn't there. And some of the stuff going on was deeply disturbing, especially when you think that the age of consent for girls was 12. Fancy, you can't blame video games for THAT.

So this is why, quite frankly, I find the OP way over the top and taking naughty game mods far too seriously.

Sorry, must be going. My mischievous little Breton must go and steal the clothes of those nudie bathers in the Skyrim hot springs...

And here I was thinking I was the only one who found that funny.

I can't agree more-sex is at best, only just under the surface in any society, and from what we know of the period, sexing-up the middle ages would be pretty lore friendly! I would also hazard to add that those lore-mongers who get in a flap about "Anime" (and who say anime like it's an insult) or sex mods being not lore-friendly seem to have no trouble accepting muskets and dragons! Just look at some of the paintings from that period, the Medievals were apparrently rather keen on cleavage.

But my biggest point would be A it's a single player game; you can run around being the most proclivitous scoundrel in all human history for all it matters, and B if other people want t do that, what moral right do you honestly have to claim it's amoral? Who's the bigger sinner? the guy who downloads ZzEstrus for his own private use or the guy who swears all over the Estrus comments section screaming that the mod is amoral.

I don't think it's a moral or amoral issue. It all falls in the hands of the sites rules and community rules. If people who do not respect what a modding site community dictates and upholds regaurdless if one believe or likes what is being accepted as content to be offered, one should respect anything and everything that the site has to offer regaurdless if they do not like something or not. If one is so strongly against what a site has to offer they have a choice to be part of the community or not. For example if bethesda as a software developer had such a problem with what they intended or not to be modded for their games I am sure they would just stop all support for anyone to bebale to modify their products.

Agian no one is forcing anyone to download anything for their games. It's a choice. Being part of a community reguardless of approving or liking something one should still respect what the site has to offer and the modders that help to keep the community strong and growing.

I don't think it's a moral or amoral issue. It all falls in the hands of the sites rules and community rules. If people who do not respect what a modding site community dictates and upholds regaurdless if one believe or likes what is being accepted as content to be offered, one should respect anything and everything that the site has to offer regaurdless if they do not like something or not. If one is so strongly against what a site has to offer they have a choice to be part of the community or not. For example if bethesda as a software developer had such a problem with what they intended or not to be modded for their games I am sure they would just stop all support for anyone to bebale to modify their products.

Agian no one is forcing anyone to download anything for their games. It's a choice. Being part of a community reguardless of approving or liking something one should still respect what the site has to offer and the modders that help to keep the community strong and growing.

I have yet to find a community ANYWHERE that everyone agrees on everything..... It just ain't gonna happen. This place is no different. Your post is right on the money.

I have yet to find a community ANYWHERE that everyone agrees on everything..... It just ain't gonna happen. This place is no different. Your post is right on the money.

Respecting the community and it's contributers is a little different than agreeing with the content any community has to offer. Being part of any community you still have to maintain a level of respect reguardless if you like things or not. Which is actally what HeyYou is trying to point out as well. I know HeyYou and I dissagree on a lot of things but this is not one of them. :thumbsup:

Edited by colourwheel

Respecting the community and it's contributers is a little different than agreeing with the content any community has to offer. Being part of any community you still have to maintain a level of respect reguardless if you like things or not. Which is actally what HeyYou is trying to point out as well. I know HeyYou and I dissagree on a lot of things but this is not one of them. :thumbsup:

I couldn't agree more, I'll often look at something and think WTF?? but that's as far as it goes, I wouldn't dream of starting a thread complaining about it or demeaning those that do like it, I struggle to understand the mentality of those that do make a fuss about things they don't like.