**Problem!** "This save relies on content that is no longer present..."

mmd6449

try file dropper

https://www.filedropper.com

and pm the link you're given when you upload the save game

Alright, link has been sent. Let me know if you're able to figure anything out.

Double checking here,

So, the save game you sent me, is one you haven't loaded and saved, correct?

Yes, it is. It still gives the error message when I try to load it on my end. It's the one I mentioned that's supposed to load into Darkfall Passage but loads into The Sleeping Giant Inn by mistake. I've created new saves off of the one I sent you, but I haven't saved over it since the error occurred.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it is. It still gives the error message when I try to load it on my end. It's the one I mentioned that's supposed to load into Darkfall Passage but loads into The Sleeping Giant Inn by mistake. I've created new saves off of the one I sent you, but I haven't saved over it since the error occurred.

OK, well I loaded it up in WryeBash, and WryeBash says your savegame is just fine, and the only masters are

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

At this point I would send in a possible Bug report.

OK, well I loaded it up in WryeBash, and WryeBash says your savegame is just fine, and the only masters are

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

Well thanks for taking the time to run it but I'm a little disappointed that it didn't tell me anything I don't already know. :huh:

At this point I would send in a possible Bug report.

Ok, I can certainly do that, but what is done with bug reports once they're sent? Will it get me any closer to being able to restore my saves anytime soon or will it just sort of disappear into the memory hole? And is there anything else that can be done in the meantime to try and solve the issue?

Ok, I can certainly do that, but what is done with bug reports once they're sent? Will it get me any closer to being able to restore my saves anytime soon or will it just sort of disappear into the memory hole? And is there anything else that can be done in the meantime to try and solve the issue?

Like I told you in an earlier post and HeyYou just said.

Load your game, Ignore the error, and if the game loads up and doesn't crash, just keep playing, HOWEVER, Back up all your saves first, and any old save that you load, MAKE A NEW SAVE instead.

Like I told you in an earlier post and HeyYou just said.

Load your game, Ignore the error, and if the game loads up and doesn't crash, just keep playing, HOWEVER, Back up all your saves first, and any old save that you load, MAKE A NEW SAVE instead.

But that doesn't change the fact that my game still isn't recognizing that Dawnguard exists. As I already said, when I click on my old save, it doesn't load into Darkfall Passage like it's supposed to, it loads me into The Sleeping Giant Inn at a point in the game prior to my having installed Dawnguard. So it doesn't really matter that I'm able to bypass the error message and continue playing because it's loading a version of the game in which there is no Dawnguard.

@Picky
Error notification for Skyrim SE on my end (after the latest update): "Missing Masters. Mod XYZ depends on Skyrim ESM (and all DLC ESMs) not enabled". So it is shown in PLUGINS (no tab for activating/deactivating). None of the ESM is higlighted orange in latest "Save Game", nonetheless, game/and last save starts/loads without crash.