The most heart touching moments in Skyrim

FreddeN93

For me it was Fjola and Christer ... (Mistwatch side quest), Fjola left her husband whom it seems she

couldn't stand anymore.

As you enter the Keep he approaches you from a little room and asks you to aid him in finding his wife

whom he suspects might be in the Keep.

He is seems to be so caring and heartbroken as he pours out his tale.

The poor man has crossed countless miles and dangers in tracking down the love of his life.

If you accept the quest you traverse the Keep in search of Fjola whom you ultimately find.

She's alive and well ... and a bandit chief ... and wants nothing to do with her husband ... she asks you to

tell him that she's either dead or not there.

I felt so sorry for the man when I told him.

Upon returning to her she almost wants to ask how he took the news, but relents and is just glad

he's gone for good.

That really touched me ... silly romantic that I am.

Edited by Nintii

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The saddest moment for me was on my xbox playthrough when me and Lydia were exploring a cave, I was only level 4 and playing on expert. It was one of the caves in fort dawnguard when me and Lydia were attacked by 4 cave bears, Lydia charged right in and I rained arrows on the bears, they put lydia into critical mode and began attacking me. when my health was low I had a choice, Use my only health potion on lydia, or save my self. I was selfish and regret my choice. Afterwards I bolted straight for Fort dawnguard. I returned to the cave at level 10 with powerful equipment and on my own. This time I made short work of the bears. As I searched the area, there huddled in the corner dead was my friend, Lydia, from what I could tell she had lost her sword and shield and tried to hide in the corner hoping I would return. I regret leaving her to die alone, she was loyal housecarl... and I the The friend her turned his back when she needed me the most. RIP Lydia.

Edit: I really care about some followers, when I had the gold I was going to buy an amulet of mara and marry her.

Edited by Br0therh00d9

• 1 month later...

The saddest moment for me was closer to the end of the Dark Brotherhood quest. My Dovahkiin was part of that disfunctional family and had much respect for Astrid. After the Gourmet quest in Solitude my Dovahkiin couldn't get back to the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary fast enough to take out those Penitus Oculatus bastards. After killing them my Dovahkiin found Astrid. There were no words after seeing her like that, severly burnt and nearly dead. Her last words of remorse were too much and then as hard as it was to take the Blade of Woe and stab her with it, my Dovahkiin knew that's how she would want to die. Once she breathed her last my Dovahkiin stood there staring at her, unable to move after such a tragic loss. She was the leader of our family and my Dovahkiin respected her and cared about her as a family member would. My Dovahkiin later returned to her and laid flowers around her body. My Dovahkiin would never forget her, the most bad ass nord in all of Tamriel.

Edited by dovahgee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
One of the sad moments for me was in Lost Prospect Mine. Once you enter, on a table in front of you, is a miner's journal. In it is explains he and his friend bought a mine. The key details are that they couldn't find gold and his friend was motivating him. Then the fact that stacking rocks makes them disintegrate. Now, the last pages mention him going out for supplies in riften. He returns to find no sign of Bern, his friend. Assuming he bailed on him, he writes "Bern if you find this, I expected better of you" and leaves. If the Dovahkiin explores behind the waterfall, you will see a ton of gold ore veins. Also, a skeleton holding a pickaxe, half buried by the very weak and unstable rock. This is Bern. Bern died trying to get him and his friend fortune, only to die, alone, his friend never to find him, and his friend assuming for the rest of his life that Bern bailed on him.

My most heart touching moment was when I reversed pick-pocketed Arron while Mjoll was there with him it was broad day light in the market place. I slipped Arron a frenzy potion and he attacked Mjoll and she proceeded to cut him to ribbons. I talked to her later she said she didn't want to talk but a day later she wanted to know if I was looking for marriage. I could tell by the look in her eye she was relieved she got rid of that creeper Arron and she got sweet revenge for all the watching he done while she slept. I never told her it was me but I think she knew as she always told me " fine day to you friend" deep down Mjoll knew fairy tails do come true.

• 3 weeks later...
(...) and, hand on heart, a swamp infested with draugr, bandits and giant spiders might not be the best place to raise a child (...)

And this, best beloved, is one case where LOL actually meant what it stands for...

Faelor the tamed wolf from Wyrmstooth, I get flooded with great feelings and memories.

I remember the first time I got him as my furry companion: his owner was critically wounded by a bunch of good-for-nothing bandits. His last wish before bleeding out was for me to take care of his wolf. Faelor was staring at me, looking surprisingly excited regardless of the fact that his owner was leaving the world soon. Since I love dogs, and a wolf isn't much of a stretch, I thought why not. Turns out to be a very great decision: over 150 hours of game time later, Faelor was and still will be the best companion I have ever had in a video game. I formed a special bond with him. There was something really cool about the story of just a woman and her faithful pet surviving out in the wilds and going around helping people.

He saved me from too many terrible situations where death was certain. He was always by my side, no matter the odds against us. His AI was superb too, he always knew when I wanted to get the hell outta dodge for when we get overwhelmed and he always listened to my commands. He was also very great for sneaking because he would make next to no noise. In the wilds, He would occasionally hunt some game and it saved me because sometimes I forget to bring food or just run out and could potentially starve.

Now every time I load up my old saves with him, I get overwhelmed with happiness. I look at his playful pant and I start to remember all the great times we had and all the struggles we overcame. Ahhh Faelor, you magnificent being :smile:

Edited by Snake0567

What have you experienced?

That quest broke my heart. Poor little girl ... I kinda wish would could have come back, play games with her, until she was ready to go.

My first real emotional moment was when I was playing with my Jolana Cermak (Altmer/breton child rogue/mage). I was completely ignoring the main quest since she is my non-dohvakiin character, and one night I decided to sneak into Windhelm and steal some jewelery and other shiny things.

As I was leaving a house, I saw Sofie sleeping in the street, with snow falling down on her. I could not just leave, so I reverse pick-pocketed my cloak on her and used console to make her wear it, sat beside her and charged the flame spell on both my hands, and then I waited till she woke up. The long way. I went to get coffee and came back and waited ^^.

Seeing her so miserable changed this entire play-through. I of course bough all of her flowers, and then saved and came back on the nexus. After adding a few more mods, I went back to the game and asked her to go on adventures with me, since I couldn't adopt her (also, it would have been weird since my character was around her age ^^).

I kept making adjustments in the mods I had just for her. As time passed, she learned a few spells, trained in archery, joined the college of Winterhold, and accompanied Jolana in most her adventures. And the main quest was never touched ^^

Edit: I really care about some followers, when I had the gold I was going to buy an amulet of mara and marry her.

I understand that. I get attached to a lot of "minor characters", Lydia being one of them. I love how the actress was able to put a lot of life in her with a few lines.

Edited by JohanSutherland