Vortex Profiles

zixi
Go to solution Solved by Pickysaurus,

I've just found out that profile management in Vortex works perfectly under Linux. I had a look at the Knowledge Base but I can't see if there's any limit to the number of profiles; so is there? Nice functionality BTW.

Thanks! I don't imagine I'll get to thousands. It's really useful though especially when trying out new mods. Thanks for the reply!! :cool:

I've currently got Six for Skyrim SE

1. A blank one with no mods,
2. my original fully modded one,

3. another fully modded with Ordinator (A perk mod that changes a LOT of things),
4. Another with Ordinator and a bunch of ESL Mihail Monster mods added
5. Another with Ordinator, Mihail Monsters, and Interesting NPCs
6. Another with Ordinator, Mihail Monsters,, and Spell Research and No spell tomes.

I figured it'd be better to try out those other mods without completely hosing my original set up.

Yes, that's my plan-ish. I like trying out mods but I don't much like taking out and adding mods in order to test what's going on; sometimes that can add to the issues of course. And it can be really awkward getting them back just as they were. This means I can set up a new profile and add and subtract to my heart's content. I'm assuming one can delete profiles (haven't tried that - the KB is a bit terse). I haven't tried to see if one can add a saved game from another profile either. I'd quite like to save time by adding some unmodded 'starts'. There's only so much of Helgen even I can find exciting... and ditto the prison in LAL... Thanks for the reassurance though!

Yes, that's my plan-ish. I like trying out mods but I don't much like taking out and adding mods in order to test what's going on; sometimes that can add to the issues of course. And it can be really awkward getting them back just as they were. This means I can set up a new profile and add and subtract to my heart's content. I'm assuming one can delete profiles (haven't tried that - the KB is a bit terse). I haven't tried to see if one can add a saved game from another profile either. I'd quite like to save time by adding some unmodded 'starts'. There's only so much of Helgen even I can find exciting... and ditto the prison in LAL... Thanks for the reassurance though!

To use a different save from a different profile, I would look up the unique string given to the profile save folder EX: one of mine is F80nEnwMh, so I would copy one or all the saves from that folder to Profile save folder 1pOarCluf