Resource Query, part 2

BlueSteelRanger

The shorter version:

Choose COBL package in Wrye Bash under the tab Installers as you did put the package in

Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers 

right? Oblivion Mods is a folder next to your Oblivion folder, where you have Oblivion

Click it in Wrye Bash and peek at the right side and put a checkmark at each parts of the mod you want to use.

50831910062_0823f3214d_o.png

After you put your checkmarks, right-Click Cobl on the left side and choose install.

So what is it we see on the right side? It is BAIN :)

Edited by Pellape

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BAIN is the system that Wrye Bash uses to install mods.

At it's base it is a convention for folder structure and folder naming that the BAIN wizard install scripts are set to understand, and which unscripted installs can use to guide users through the installation in Wrye Bash or when manually installing.

No ... the way that Wrye Bash's installer works is you only need to put the ZIP or 7z or RAR archive in the Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers folder (that folder will not exist until you have opened the Installers tab in Wrye Bash the first time and allowed it to set things up).

In theory you are supposed to be able to just drag and drop the archives into the Installers tab in Wrye Bash, but for some that method fails ... a copy and paste into the Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers folder doesn't have the same reputation.

Damn cool. I did not know you could drag and drop packages into Wrye Bash direct... I always put them in that folder. It doesn't matter if you keep it packed or unpack them. Some stuff I unpack but only 5-10% and you see it in my screenshot if you look at the other packages in it. The icon sybol and its form tells you if it is packed or not. The diamonds tells you that it is not packed and the square that it is. It supports all packed formats except omod, like 7z, zip and rar.

Edited by Pellape