Resource Query, part 2

BlueSteelRanger

I've used 7-Zip since arriving here over a decade ago. Updated to the latest verion of it a couple of years back when it started having problems with extracting downloads that had been created with it's newest version, but other than that it's been flawless at extracting anything downloaded from here.

Once installed it will offer to be the default for opening archives ... I have it doing all except ZIPs myself.

The extraction process is a simple double left click on the downloaded archive and hit the extract button if you are doing a normal extraction. Actually the step by step I did up further up was the first time I tried extracting just certain files, and it was as dead simple as you could get.

Where did you find this BSA version of Crown Jewels? All I see on the Oblivion Nexus page is a download for just the ESP (top listed download) and the one that downloads all of the resources (meshes and textures) archived in a RAR download (the Re Uploaded - 16426.rar download).

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Pellape: I just might get it then. Also, welcome! :)

"Where did you find this BSA version of Crown Jewels? All I see on the Oblivion Nexus page is a download for just the ESP (top listed download) and the one that downloads all of the resources (meshes and textures) archived in a RAR download (the Re Uploaded - 16426.rar download)."

Ack. I can't pull off the screenshot bit. The one I got was labelled "Re Uploaded", date uploaded April 6, 2008.

Let me take a second peek at that previous page....

@Pellape: Update: Got it! THAAAAAANNNKKK YOOOOOU!!! My reader stumbled on the image tutorial but I had some eye-help from my beau. Got some navigational crap down and BOOM! YES!

@Pellape, @Striker879, @DrakeTheDragon: You all have been completely amazing. Thank you from the bottom of my blind-azz heart for your patience in dealing with such a newb.

:woot: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

The textures are placed there but the icons should be placed in

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Oblivion\Data\Textures\menus\icons

and that is the top where the game and CS are looking for the icons

Do you mean if you should make a 7z package with WinRAR or change to the 7zip app??

7zip is not so easy to use, well I have not used nor tried it in 15-20 years as I do remember that it was not easy to drag out single files from it so I did flush it for that specific reason. Try Peazip instead but Winrar do handle 7z?? Peazip are able to make both 7z and zip and which you can see in my screenshot. I do not think it matter which you use for your package really. I will try to 7z my package with Peazip later to see if it makes my huge file a bit smaller. The devs for 7z did focus more at making it damn good to make small packages it seems than making a friendly interface but that might have changed now.

I do use WinRAR and another packer at my own game computer in my flat, but I am rarely there and havn't been there for 6 weeks now.

I did DL a tiny mod for Daggerfall 2 days ago and it was 3.6 Gb... :wink: That makes my file tiny when I compare them...

Edited by Pellape

@Pellape: "Do you mean if you should make a 7z package with WinRAR or change to the 7zip app??" Yeah, heh. I haven't had any problems with WinRar, which is good.

I believe this thing is almost ready for release now. I just need to fix an outer fencing wall, spell-check my in-game lore books and add some pathgridding to the place for those who enjoy followers or companions.

I may or may not try adding an NPC butler-type of character to the place, but I did notice that the CS tends to crash when messing with NPC-related stuff.

A trick when editing NPCs in the CS (not sure if this is needed for CSE) is to first hit the Preview button before moving to any of the Face tabs.

Yup.

In my case the CS doesn't so much crash as lock up if I don't click Preview first (requiring at trip to Task Manager to close it).

Yes. CS sux and CSE do not have that problem as it never crashed so far when I click face tab the first thing I do. The reason is that the face object gets visible as soon as you edit an NPC in CSE.

In Vanilla CS: I click the Face Advanced tab first, then face tab but NEVER the face tab first as that always crash. So make some cool NPCs really and click the tabs in the right order....

Edited by Pellape