Resource Query, part 2

BlueSteelRanger

My method for BSA Unpacker is to start it, click Open, select the BSA file I want (e.g. Oblivion - Meshes.bsa), leave the drop down selection box (lower right) on Folder name and then click Sort (which makes finding what I'm looking for easier). Once I find the item I want I single click on it to highlight and then click on Extract. This brings up a standard Windows dialogue where I can select or create a folder to extract the file to.

You can use standard Windows selection stuff to extract more than one file at a time. Click on the top file in a group of files you want and then hold Shift and click on the last file in the group and all in between will also get highlighted. Either with or without a block of files highlighted you can also hold Ctrl and click on other files not contiguous with that block (or scattered around the entire list if you don't have a block selected) to highlight individual files. Once you have all that you want highlighted you again just click Extract.

If you were working on a big project, that was going to require customising a lot of vanilla game files maybe you'd want to click Extract All, but be prepared for eating up a bunch of hard drive space (the vanilla BSA are also compressed ... well at least the textures are).

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool. :smile: Well I did appreciate Monty Python more during the 70's than I do now. I did dislike the Meaning of Life when I saw it the first time but if I see it now, it might be the best one they ever made.

When I use BSA unpacker, I do the same but I do choose 2 objects, because then we only need to point at the Data folder but a single item can be unpacked anywhere. Textures always comes in pairs so unpacking 1 or 2 opens up a 2 different interfaces. Either one choose folder destination interface or one file selector interface.

Well Drake, I do know it is Net Immerse, but still, When I see Ni, that's the association I make. I mean, you do pronounce the name Nick right but right wrong.... :wink: If I would like to spell right without knowing how to spell it, I would had spelled it rajt :wink: So Nick, Ni -> Nee... In the Swedish subtitles it is spelled Ni. You also pronounce the 1000 year old word Window, as it comes from the north word and Norweigan word Vindue, wich is Vindöga in Sweedish, all sounds similar. The eye for the wind to pass inside a Viking house that blows the smoke out.

Edited by Pellape

@Pellape: Hm. I think the HAIR selector may have also solved for the icon problem too. The two crowns I had no issue with are marked with the Amulet icon oddly enough. The ruby crown is now marked with the Hood icon.

As much as I'd love to use the Crown Jewels icon set, I'm hesitant to unpack a huge-azz file onto my drive.

I just did a test of extracting only the three crown icon files to a folder using 7-Zip ... they are only 5KB each for the gold ones and 17KB for the crystal one.

All I did was navigate to the Textures\menus\Icons\Objects of Desire\Crown Jewels folder in 7-Zip and highlighted those three files and hit Extract ... created a folder to extract to (I already have the download extracted so I created a folder named Test) and 7-Zip extracted the selected files to my Test folder.

But BSR... You do not need to unpack it all. You only unpack what you need and that is the purpose with that specific unpacker, otherwise it did not need an interface at all, just a plain old com or exe file that extract everything without a user interface, doing it in the background, in full darkness. :D I could make a step by step instruction with pictures if you want or need one, if there is not one made already that is. Was my screenshots of Nifskope useful?

Oki. To be sure we use the same program I will download and install bsaunpacker as I do use OBMM, but he did mention a slight difference. That is the one you are using right?

The icons aren't in a BSA Pekka ... they're just in the Crown Jewels download (the Re Uploaded one, second down from the top of the Files tab).

As I outlined above you can just select those three files if you only wanted to extract the icons from the Re Uploaded - 16426.rar download.

I did some checking and the icons are in the ReUpload package and it is not a BSA as it is a RAR file. Did you unpack that one?

They are located at:

Textures\menus\Icons\Objects of Desire\Crown Jewels\

You can drag single files out from a RAR, ZIP, 7Z file with Peazip or which unpacker you desire to use. Or just right click it and unpack it all to a new folder as Peazip adds sub menus to the right click menu, which is extremely convenient and fast to use. WinRAR do the same but it is not completely free as it will remind you to pay for it every time you run it.

So mark the file and right-click it and unpack to a new folder (I do use dark themes so I hope the colors are viewable? and I used light blue color to draw "rings")
50914733338_ddcd29a4f6_o.png

and you will have all you need there. Copy and paste the icons to the right location, where you want them to be but I suggest you just keep the path as it is.

If I make a bsa step by step later, if you would need it anyway, I might use red colors for my rings or even arrows I will draw? But backside is if anyone is color blind, then they will not see them.

@Pellape and @Striker879: That's exactly the one I used. I couldn't make the BSA version work at all. So I downloaded the "ReUpload" one manually. All the crowns, swords, and the sceptre now work flawlessly. I'll be testing the cups and necklace tonight.

I have WinRar. I'm wondering if I should get 7-zip....

Okay, I'm trying a file path tweak that for me, goes like this:
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Oblivion\Data\Textures

Is this within the realm of where these should go, or have I effed up?

Edited by BlueSteelRanger