Resource Query, part 2

BlueSteelRanger

Construction Set Extender ... it's an OBSE plugin so you still need to have the Official Construction Set installed. It has a few extra requirements, and will require some setting up to get it to play nice with some other common game utilities like ENB.

I'm still using the vanilla CS myself (in keeping with my dinosaur ways) ... Pekka will be a good source for tips if you do try it and need some help.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Striker879: "Construction Set Extender ... it's an OBSE plugin so you still need to have the Official Construction Set installed. It has a few extra requirements, and will require some setting up to get it to play nice with some other common game utilities like ENB.

I'm still using the vanilla CS myself (in keeping with my dinosaur ways) ... Pekka will be a good source for tips if you do try it and need some help."

I have OBSE for the game itself. I'm not one for ENB's -- I've never really thought of them since, y'know. My sh***y eyes don't really work to begin with LOL! :laugh: But I will definitely take a peek at that.

I should be almost fully done with my mod. I just need to tweak the patio/garden fences and finish the display room.

I agree that the best plan would be to not change horses until "the race" is over. Get your mod finished, then you can do some exploring in safety.

Start to read my thread about CSE and the problems I did ran into and how to solve them. CSE do install loads of dll files that makes CSE work faster and better than CS and I do use ENBoost which makes CSE to crash but those files included with CSE do effect the game and makes it slower. I do have 2 nice batch files that solves it posted in that thread. It took me 3 times longer time to load the game if I do not use my batches and I also explain what a batch (*.bat) is in that thread and what my files do when you use them.

I've been finding that out. :) I'll be sniffing around for something on creating followers. It's a bit of a silly idea but I'm thinking of doing a couple of followers inspired by that utterly insane cartoon called "Archer". Making the NPC is figured out now (and thank you for that tip to prevent CS crashing. It worked perfectly). Now to make 'em have the "Follow me" option.

Making companions can both be easy and hard, it depends how you do it.

Making one from scratch require that you know a lot of scripting and I made one called The Rooster, an aggressive Rooster you can summon to aid you if needed. He also makes a lot of noises when he arrives and takes over the whole battlefield. It feels like a bloody circus when he arrives really. When he gets dispelled, he is placed at the farm as a guard again. Walking around there and make noises.

A true companion requires you to code everything, the menues, how to interact with the player, how to act in different situations, how to recall and come to the player, what to do when you do not need him and so on. You do not need to make this at all as Blackie has already done it for you with CM Partners so install it, follow the instructions, add the CM Partner script to your new archer and start playing. In the menues, you can inform your partner to lay back, be more offensive, shut up or whatever. It seems that Blackie think and solved it all as the script is perfect.

If you peek at Nexus at the 2 different companion sections, 1 for CM companions and the other for none CM partners, you see that there are 3 times as many CM companions as none CM and also a section for companion creatures. I use CM partners as they work perfect. So making a new script will only benefit if you wanna learn how to script NPC's. So what is the dufference between all those 6-700 companions? Well mostöy their faces I guess. :smile: Making a good looking face is not easy, not without Blockhead and OCO2 at least and I bet you use them too, don't you?

If you later take your companions to my house, you will be able to take the immersion to a new level, where I will add new packages to them when they are not following you, giving them different things to do both inside the house and outside and there will be no limit how many you can take there and you control them all from the House own settings control panel, have breakfast, lunch and dinner at several different places, both indoors and outside, go for a hunt or gather resources, loitering, reading books in the library or whatever. Well the limit of NPC's to add is the number of beds really but if you bring lets say, 20-50 NPC's there and someone do not get a bed, they do not mind standing and sleep at all. :wink: Well before I start implementing it, I have other issues to deal with. You do want your house to be alive, not just a place to store stuff in, well that is what I want with my house, which is filled with loads of different scripts and tools already. So when will I be able to implement it? Who knows?? Next month or in 6 months or in 2 years... It doesn't matter really when... What matters is to have fun ideas and that you know that you can implement them as watching this working perfect in the future will be extremely fun, just to see them doing the things you ordered them to do as that is what the house was built for in the first place. :D

You can even use all those scripts in your own house later on as the scripts are free for anyone to do what they want with anyway... :wink:

So why will it take so long time? I am making a dynamic sorter right now that I been debugging for 4 days and I will build the library and staffs quarters first, as the staff uses the companion beds right now, which they shouldn't and they requires their own rooms as they demands it.

Edited by Pellape

@Pellape: "Making a good looking face is not easy, not without Blockhead and OCO2 at least and I bet you use them too, don't you?" I don't even know what those are. :) What something looks like is strangely unimportant to me on the scale of things. I can't see much at all, so it doesn't really register.

And "Archer" is a television show. It's a spy-comedy about a guy named Sterling Archer who likes to get drunk a lot and manages to fulfil his missions....while being drunk.

My companion so far works well on the basics. I got him to eat, sleep, wander and travel to a shop in the Imperial City during the game week. I just need to figure out how to get the option in to ask him to follow me.

Well click the links I provide and you see. :wink: Otherwise I stop including links if you do not have any use of them.

That is why I did mention CM partners as it solves all that crap you later want your Archer to have. What is your goal? To learn how to make an companion or to have one that works immediate?

The packages Black did include with CM Partners also covers every possible situation you companion will run into and they are a good base and if you want to to do something special, use something special or go to a special place, then you can add your own packages as well, but to interact with your companion, exchange stuff with it or make it to protect you or follow you, or recall to you, repairing its own stuff and all other such crap needs to be done with scripts. All that stuff + your companions leveling is in the script: CmPartner that is included with CM Partner.esm so anyone can use it so easy without bother about that crap.

Autorepairing is best done with Auto Repair so give your companion a repair token

Why invent the wheel twice? :wink:

Edited by Pellape