Time for ideas on TES VI

daventry

they sounds all good. send this ideas directly to bethesda hehe :)

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bethesda moving to a bigger project means that them working on new scopes of gameplay features and mechanics that could hopefully later be implemented upon in their next games:

The plot and everything left hanging has never bothered me, as personally I feel Skyrim will get more & more saturated with content that would only in the end turn out for cosmetic roleplay value which Skyrim suffers enough of.. Skyrim already lacks roleplay value mainly because of the reason of it focusing on the more "open world" perspective, in fact this is the reason it lost it's balance for me - it's too open that the game is devoid of consequences open=do everything you want you're Dragonborn (This just lead back to the casualization debate and I don't want to go there). In a nutshell for me more DLCs with Skyrim's mechanics = just means more content that is experienced the same way, the plot/storyline would be hindered by what is already boring = same consequence mechanics = same use of cunning = which ultimately leads to another plot-line hanging (then eventually Bethesda makes the Skyrim:Ultimatum DLC where the Dragonborn gets more pimped up with the same old glory scheme but same game mechanics)

Also one thing I would hate is that if Bethesda had made DLCs that add more gameplay features to the game.. This is just not a good name for DLCs to ponder upon as DLCs should always stick to content not game core mechanics. Bethesda already mentioned this that they would not be sticking to changing the core mechanics of each release of new DLCs the make (which is a very good thing as these kinds of things should be implemented in updates).

It's time for Bethesda to explore and reinvent the new and old fields their game development. For the balance to be reachived again like what Morrowind had = 50% old school RPG, 50% open world, 50% simulation, and 50% of what it's successor was (Daggerfall) = 200% an Elder Scrolls game. Skyrim has what? 80% non-impact oriented open world and 20% cosmetic roleplay..

We may hopefully expect another one in the making. It's about time to move on. Let us grow again our crushed and stagnant wet dreams of expectations of what was all good in an ES game, and hope we will see these dreams come to play fulfilled in the next Elder Scrolls...

Yah total agree with you jeclxohko. I don't see any real improvements except graphics but non animations after morrowind. After Morrowind was closed their RPGs fall drastically down.

If you dont put Faith in yourselves so that Bethesda can make a Better Game, then we will get a Crappier Console Port to PC.

Us Fans need to give them Ideas, otherwise we will continue to Fix their Bugs in the next TES Game instead of having Fun.

Edited by daventry

If you dont put Faith in yourselves so that Bethesda can make a Better Game, then we will get a Crappier Console Port to PC.

Us Fans need to give them Ideas, otherwise we will continue to Fix their Bugs in the next TES Game instead of having Fun.

I don't because I rather play something good from Arkane Studios.

So basically you Buy a TES Game, then after you have a Buggy Experience, you Flame Bethesda for it.

Now who's Fault is that i wonder, the Customer that is willing to Pay $40 for the Game when knowing its Buggy, or Bethesda, because all they have to do is be Lazy and throw out the Creation Kit so Fans can be Play Testers to their Product and just Mod Fix it all.

Hence my Thread so we can give Bethesda even More and Better Ideas, thus we all work Together as a Team

Edited by daventry

40 $? huaha I only buy games when I can buy them for less then a half and only if they are out for a while. And PC games who cost you in USA 40 $ cost me 65 here where I life. And I do complain about the management of Bethesda I don't really think the programmers want to server a non finished application with less improvements. Thats my point of view if you don't want it fine but I am not one of those fools who just pre buy anything who is on the marked and had no review yet from a good person. I even don't have a TV, radio and a fridge and no I am not poor but those things are not essential to me. And Skyrim is not really buggy but it is not an improvement the the first 3d RPG from them , Morrowind. But is still better then most other things on the marked with a decent graphic setting. And If you don't know what I meant when I write Arkane Studios then you should see how their games works in first person mode. Those games with their animations and the combat system would improve the TES series. Also Arkane Studios published under Bethesda a excellent worked out first person combat game. Also the second game who they made just blow anything away for the close combat part.

If Arcane Studios is under the Bethesda Name, then we can expect Animations and a Combat System like Dishonored in TESVI just like the Lockpick System that came from Fallout 3 into Skyrim

Dishonored Stealth and Sneak System

Stealth is based on limiting the player-character's visibility; hiding behind objects and buildings, avoiding the enemies' cone of vision, and avoiding lighted areas aid in reducing detection. When hiding behind an object, the player can lean around the sides to see the immediate area and eavesdrop, and as long as Corvo remains hidden his enemies will not see him. The player can also look through keyholes to gain insight into closed rooms.

Guards have several states of alertness, ranging from normal to suspicious; they can become aware of the player's presence or can actively search for him or her. Enemy Artificial Intelligence (AI) will respond to sound and can be distracted using sound to lure guards away from their positions. If the player remains concealed from guards, their alertness will drop to "aware", but it will not return to normal in that mission. Enemies communicate their states of alertness to their allies, increasing the alertness level throughout the mission

Edited by daventry

These are all great ideas, I think when you are making a software project as large as skyrim ( and for me skyrim is the greatest game ever made), you have to make choices what you add to it, so it's not too big for eveyrone to download and install on their rig. Not every customer will have gig uppon gig of room, so although the things you list would be great additoins, I can understand why they arent in the game, such as more diversity, which is really what you are asking for.

Truely, that is what Bethesda relies on the modding community to do. Inst it wonderful? I think so!!!