Time for ideas on TES VI

daventry

1. I´d love to see a new race, something like a asian-looking race would be cool. They could be from a new-discovered continent or something, just to refresh good old Elder Scrolls.

2. I don´t know how you guys feel about this, but I miss the "repairing your weapons and armors" - stuff from oblivion and Morrowind. I found it realistic and pretty "thrilling" that your equipment could break while your in some dungeon at the end of the world und you HAD to do something about it - or improvise with stuff you found on your way.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are all great ideas, I think when you are making a software project as large as skyrim ( and for me skyrim is the greatest game ever made), you have to make choices what you add to it, so it's not too big for eveyrone to download and install on their rig. Not every customer will have gig uppon gig of room, so although the things you list would be great additoins, I can understand why they arent in the game, such as more diversity, which is really what you are asking for.

Truely, that is what Bethesda relies on the modding community to do. Inst it wonderful? I think so!!!

Haha that is more likely because the want that it run on consoles. I had to download for MaxPayne 3 30gb and I get the fastest NET here for my village and it is only 350kbs/s

and guess what I just wait for it.

So basically you Buy a TES Game, then after you have a Buggy Experience, you Flame Bethesda for it.

Now who's Fault is that i wonder, the Customer that is willing to Pay $40 for the Game when knowing its Buggy, or Bethesda, because all they have to do is be Lazy and throw out the Creation Kit so Fans can be Play Testers to their Product and just Mod Fix it all.

Hence my Thread so we can give Bethesda even More and Better Ideas, thus we all work Together as a Team

LOL but that's their entire business model. It tries to satisfy the console players and lets the PC players improve to their whim.

If Arcane Studios is under the Bethesda Name, then we can expect Animations and a Combat System like Dishonored in TESVI just like the Lockpick System that came from Fallout 3 into Skyrim

Dishonored Stealth and Sneak System

Stealth is based on limiting the player-character's visibility; hiding behind objects and buildings, avoiding the enemies' cone of vision, and avoiding lighted areas aid in reducing detection. When hiding behind an object, the player can lean around the sides to see the immediate area and eavesdrop, and as long as Corvo remains hidden his enemies will not see him. The player can also look through keyholes to gain insight into closed rooms.

Guards have several states of alertness, ranging from normal to suspicious; they can become aware of the player's presence or can actively search for him or her. Enemy Artificial Intelligence (AI) will respond to sound and can be distracted using sound to lure guards away from their positions. If the player remains concealed from guards, their alertness will drop to "aware", but it will not return to normal in that mission. Enemies communicate their states of alertness to their allies, increasing the alertness level throughout the mission

If they added Dishonored's sneak system to TES....it would IMO be an improvement. One of the major reasons I never add Darker Nights or any mod of its kind is because it makes it harder for me to see bu the enemy AI still sees just fine. Its cosmetic only.

1. I´d love to see a new race, something like a asian-looking race would be cool. They could be from a new-discovered continent or something, just to refresh good old Elder Scrolls.

2. I don´t know how you guys feel about this, but I miss the "repairing your weapons and armors" - stuff from oblivion and Morrowind. I found it realistic and pretty "thrilling" that your equipment could break while your in some dungeon at the end of the world und you HAD to do something about it - or improvise with stuff you found on your way.

I think they'll always try to avoid the Asian race in order to avoid the Asian racial stereotypes of samurai and ninjas.

Edited by TheLoreSeeker

The Tentacles of the Netch in Solstheim is very Whip like, so why not see if you can take a Tentacle and turn it into a Whip as a One Handed Dagger, then we just lash at the Enemies.

Im still wondering why there arent Snakes in the Game, i mean we have the Animation for it.

I don't feel the need for a slaughterhouse game. Better boss fights? Ofc kill it with a slit to his throat, srsly I hate boss fights when I play an RPG. Best boss fights ever in Deus Ex3 , oh yah hit the Cyborg with a heavy anti armor rifle with APCR rounds in the face for 20 times to kill it,sure and pls tell me what type of body armor or implement structure to a human skull can resist THAT? And maybe some HEAT rockets who are designed to kill armored targets like the APRC ammo. No way I don't want to see something like that in TES. If they implement that I just will kill them with a console command.

They must really work on all types of animations. Rebuild form zero the melee fighting system. Rebuild the whole physics for moving. Add more type of Armors , Weapons and Armor parts like shoulder Armors, gloves maybe belts too. Rework the healing/regeneration/quest system from this console "I heal all the time and carry everything with auto run with the speed of an Olympic sprinter" via "I don't heal when I don't get a med kit and wait for it" to "Can't do anything without stamina and no more auto jogging with 40kg on the backpack" .Should be fine If you change the difficult slider for that.

Edited by Vanadinit

For medieval combat, a slaughterhouse game is just being realistic. When I swing what looks to be a 12 lb spiked wrecking ball down on an unhelmeted man's head from a full sprint I expect some destruction, not a clunk and a bouncing, unscathed face peering back at me. Adults can be mature about what's happening here, instead of it being looney toons.

Bring back acrobatics and athletics. I had a crouching khajiit hidden dragon dude who could jump on water, he was amazing, I want him in Skyrim.

I want good hand to hand, where you can disarm and pocket enemy weapons and force them to take a beatdown. Short swords back, and the addition of both one-handed spears and two-handed halberds. There should be an option to wield a one-handed weapon with the off-hand open handed with it's own perks. That would add an insane amount of variety to the combat and people's complaints about the limitations of the engine would largely vanish. I think the game is limited mostly by the lack of animations and limited variety in weapon types and combat styles.

Problem with slaughterhouse game is that in TES RPGS you typically expect levelling up to make a difference to your combat capabilities, if its a slaugtherhouse game for realism, no matter how strong someone is if they swing a 12lb mace at someones head destruction will always happen, how would they include a good levelling system along with such brutal combat realism, eh? Anyway I thought the next Elder Scrolls is in Akavir and that it would be based on Unarmed combat more than before?