Time for ideas on TES VI

daventry

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll bite.

Well well, I think on one hand, Skyrim is beautiful, and we must remember that for every new sidequest, or bit of immersion, it takes time, and programming. This being said, I feel like they could have put MUCH MORE immersion into Skyrim! I'm also a bit confused how a company can get so many things wrong, when it comes to simple game mechanics. For example alchemy, in the original game, is mindblowingly BAD. just plain bad....

Sadly, I have never played Morrowind. From what I hear, I should. It sounds fun.

So for a sequel, lets see,

1) PC UI only please! RPGs since my childhood, are all about MASSIVE files, and OWNING A PC! Sorry Consoles! But Your Ruining Our Games! Go AWAY!

2) Classes. meh, yes and no. I do see your point, but I like the idea of playing a warrior, that has a bit of spells, or other mixing... No real strong feelings here.

3) I have said before I dislike the main story, or at least the way it seems to dominate the game. I vote you do NOT start as the world savior, rather you can become the hero! Or become the villan... Or roam the world role playing whatever story you want! I suppose a game like Skyrim, would seem akward, without some epic main story, but don't force it please. Let it begin sandboxy. (in response to "if the story is optional, some people may not even know it exists," omg, omg, srsly? loosen your hat.)

4) Role Play. Yes. Yes. +1,000. I think gamers beg for content too much, and I think companies do the wrong thing, by giving people just that. More. Well, More content, is not More fun. Plz follow me here. Old games, like Packman, Tetris, or Asteroids, did not have "endgame content". People did not ask, "Well Ive beat the game, what is the point now? DUUHHHHH....."

IMO Skyrim should have focussed on FUN RP stuff, and I immagine RP nerds, getting hours of play, out of the very simple things. A camp site, with functional on/off fire pit. Actually seeing yourself cook, eat, and sleep. Make hunting and fishing and SKINNING (dead wolf =/= neat cleaned fur) into Role Play. Oh gee, planting crops, and herbs. Setting traps. On & on & on I could go, but, the point is, it all sounds fun to me.

An old RP nerd, could set camp near a small village, and play for a week solid, doing mostly just fun RP stuff, and slowly lvling skills. But instead, we get none of this. We get a story driven, lifeless, non-interactive world, and 100 gigs of fancy voice acting. (I do love the voiceover, I'm just sayin.)

5) Voice actors. Yes I kinda agree. Especially the weird clone children. I think I hate these kids, and want to slap them. All 500 clones.

6) Homeless People / Properties / Investments. Yes, Yes, and Yes. +3 Something to sink your nerd teeth into, rather than do each quest, and move on.

7) Immersion/Animations. Yep back to the campfires, forever on, or forever off, srs? And for adding poison to each attack during combat, it's just bad. BAAAD. Im amazed also that people had to make addons, to see equip shield, or staff. (basicly fixing a broken game, world of failcraft is like 20 years old, and u see your equip gear.)

8) Combat. Ok why the hell can a person not attack while jumping? I realise it is an RPG, not Street Fighter 6, but seriously. I WANT JUMP ATTACKS PLZ AND TY.

9) Horses. Yep... kinda like an unfinished game. Can someone just make a damn post to tie the stupid beasts to? And yes, selling them, would be cool.

10) Bugs? Yeah, Sad when so many mods just fix a broken game.

11) One last response to whoever said "some people don't have the free gigs" ... As I said above, RPG games historicly always have a ton of disks. This is a good thing. I cannot immagine people complaining that the most amazing game ever, is just too big. Nope sry, i don't see that.

1/ Race aware dialog and influence on the Game....Why in heavens name does Revy Sadri trust my Nord with his secret about the stolen ring and ask for help with it?....Revyn should be coolly cordial at best...not out right, "I lay my fate in your hands".

I don't think Race recognition in game would be too difficult to implement....Small repercussions making some quests a little harder or simply not available (replay value for new experiences) depending on the Race your playing and who is giving them the quest, etc....More or less trust or suspicion from the NPC's in your vicinity depending on your Race....Comments made by NPC's, etc....

2/ No Forced Quests.....You tell Molag Bal to go jump....Read Eltrys Note (add an option to bin the Note)....Tell Brynjolf your not interested or no comment....Telling Arngeir you are not killing Paarthurnax (add option to inform Delphine/Esburn)....and too many more to mention....Rejecting the Quest should mark it as failed and close it down in the Journal and game play experience.

3/ No Forced joining of Faction or Guild to complete the Main Quest.....Yes, I know there is a way to circumvent joining the Mages College to get the Elder Scroll, but honestly how many people have found it and how long did it take them to find it?....Same goes for Delphine sending you to Brynjolf.

4/ Smarter NPC AI....Why do Civilians run to fight a Dragon or Vamp Master?...Why does a Bandit look at his suddenly dead comrade beside him with an arrow sticking out of his gut and decide it was nothing after a brief moments panic?....The NPC AI stupidity is legendary in Skyrim....Have Civilians run away, have NPC's under attack stay on alert and active for the duration of your presence in that Cell.

5/ Better Difficulty Mechanics.....More damage received, less damage given is adds nothing but annoyance at the unbelievability to the game....Opt instead to increase the intelligence of the NPC AI with increased level difficulty....even higher numbers of Combat opposition NPC's....ie. More Bandits in the Bandit Camp....rather than the protagonist is weaker, the NPC's are stronger.

Hey Aladin, uhm I think it's great that you made this thread, but maybe this would've been better on Bethesdas own forums - so they will see it?

Just share most of the ideas on the bethesda forums :D

I get it, it's a community thread, It's great I agree, but - just but , also post it on bethesdas skyrim forum

Smithing in Skyrim is terrible. Upgrades are too op, you shouldn't be able to almost double your stat just using some cheap materials.
And enemies have a chance of using upgraded items too. Also, I want damaged and rusty equipment back.
There should be a repair system mostly because it's boring to use always the same weapon. Why change it, it's your best weapon and it never breaks?
But it should be less annoying and done better than the one from Oblivion.

And a personal consideration:
I hate light and heavy armor system. It feels really artificial. You should be able to choose your favourite armor looking at armor stat and weight. Only weight will tell how loud I will be. I mean, if I'm a thief, I will choose a crap armor but low weight. Nobody will notice me. If I'm a warrior, I will choose an insane armor, but I can't be stealthy at all. Also, there will be medium armor back, because if I want to be a balanced class, I will choose an armor with balanced armor and weight. In my opinion they should focus more on weapons, readding spears, crossbows, shortswords and thowing weapons, with relative skills. Obviously, I don't want to pay for a dlc just for a new weapon type that should be already avaliable in the vanilla game.

Also, perks are totally broken. I want to see them removed, or drastically changed.

Edited by Derok

Hey Aladin, uhm I think it's great that you made this thread, but maybe this would've been better on Bethesdas own forums - so they will see it?

Just share most of the ideas on the bethesda forums :biggrin:

I get it, it's a community thread, It's great I agree, but - just but , also post it on bethesdas skyrim forum

Who's Aladdin and its Already there when i asked someone else to Post it for me, because im not a member there nomore.

• 5 weeks later...

The game needs a new engine, every other game puts Skyrim tech side to shame. Animations are godawful, models are blocky, everything is pretty much small in scale - villages with 7 huts and 5 people with two chickens to keep them company. I want huge cities with a lot of citizens. A lot more random encounters, without mods Skyrim feels empty. Take a look at Witcher 3, it looks simply amazing. Bethesda has to step up their game and bring out something comparable for F4 and later on for TES VI.

Though, I will say this: I don't want a much more colorful world. I loved the more realistic color scheme to everything. I loved how real and gritty it looked. That's part of what kept me from getting into Oblivion. It looks more like a cartoon. Not saying Skyrim is exactly photorealistic, but, it looks a LOT more real than Oblivion.