Bethesda don't know right from left? (Rotating objects in workshop)

hucker75

Yeah I know, there's probably a mod to fix it, as with every other bug, but who thought it would be a good idea to make the left mouse button rotate the object to the right? Imagine if cars were made like that.

It's probably opposite like that to accommodate the Console Crowd.

Just like Camera Controls for Game Controllers are always ass-backwards to me, because I use a mouse

Same reason the Left mouse button casts right hand spells, and the right mouse button casts left hand spells in Skyrim

Yeah I know, there's probably a mod to fix it, as with every other bug, but who thought it would be a good idea to make the left mouse button rotate the object to the right? Imagine if cars were made like that.

Just like Camera Controls for Game Controllers are always ass-backwards to me, because I use a mouse

Same reason the Left mouse button casts right hand spells, and the right mouse button casts left hand spells in Skyrim

I think in general people have a problem with left and right. I don't.

If I sit at the desk of someone who's left handed, and has their mouse on the left of the keyboard, I just use it there instead of moving it, which often amazes them. Some left handed folk swap the buttons over, but I don't see the point. It's the "left" mouse button, not the "first finger" mouse button. I just click once to see which way it's set up, then use it that way. No sense in moving all their stuff all over the desk.

Same applies to people who don't know which way a trailer will go when they reverse a car.

If I sit at the desk of someone who's left handed, and has their mouse on the left of the keyboard, I just use it there instead of moving it, which often amazes them. Some left handed folk swap the buttons over, but I don't see the point. It's the "left" mouse button, not the "first finger" mouse button. I just click once to see which way it's set up, then use it that way. No sense in moving all their stuff all over the desk.

Same applies to people who don't know which way a trailer will go when they reverse a car.

To be fair to other people, it sounds like you're ambidextrous, which is extremely rare.

To be fair to other people, it sounds like you're ambidextrous, which is extremely rare.

Actually, most people are ambidextrous. 10% are left handed, 10% are right handed, and 80% are ambidextrous, but since we write with our right hands, ambidextrous people think they're right handed.

Actually, most people are ambidextrous. 10% are left handed, 10% are right handed, and 80% are ambidextrous, but since we write with our right hands, ambidextrous people think they're right handed.

Nope. Only about 1% of the population is ambidextrous..... Where did you get your stats from?

Nope. Only about 1% of the population is ambidextrous..... Where did you get your stats from?

Real life experience. Virtually anyone who's right handed can do things easily with their left hand. The lefties get confused when they use their right hand, and I know one who actually experiences pain when writing with the right hand.

Anyway, we only become right handed because we're taught to write with our right hands. Some people might get so used to it that their left hand is no longer very dextrous. Most keep the ability, even if not for writing, but things like using a mouse is easy with either hand.

I actually prefer using my left for some things, because it's slightly stronger. I tend to do the intricate thing with my right and the heavy thing with my left - eg I'll carry a heavy bag in my left hand so I can use my right hand for opening the doors, so the left hand has become stronger.

Real life experience. Virtually anyone who's right handed can do things easily with their left hand. The lefties get confused when they use their right hand, and I know one who actually experiences pain when writing with the right hand.

Anyway, we only become right handed because we're taught to write with our right hands. Some people might get so used to it that their left hand is no longer very dextrous. Most keep the ability, even if not for writing, but things like using a mouse is easy with either hand.

I actually prefer using my left for some things, because it's slightly stronger. I tend to do the intricate thing with my right and the heavy thing with my left - eg I'll carry a heavy bag in my left hand so I can use my right hand for opening the doors, so the left hand has become stronger.

Sure, folks can use their 'off' hand to do some things, but, 99% of them are NOT equally adept with both hands. (and definition of ambidextrous) I am left handed, but, there are a LOT of things I do right handed, simply because that is how the tools required were designed. You REALLY don't wanna seem my right-handed hand writing though...... chickenscratch would be an improvement.

Sure, folks can use their 'off' hand to do some things, but, 99% of them are NOT equally adept with both hands. (and definition of ambidextrous) I am left handed, but, there are a LOT of things I do right handed, simply because that is how the tools required were designed. You REALLY don't wanna seem my right-handed hand writing though...... chickenscratch would be an improvement.

I'm not equally adept with both hands for anything, it depends how much I've used each hand for that task. Ambidextrous does not mean you can just use the other hand equally. It means you could learn to use it equally. And most people can do that. If you're left handed or right handed, that's a fault in the brain.