gun control - what are we waiting for ?

xrayy

< snip >

You appear to articulate your opinion well, where others such as Xrayy appear to just spam the links from a source and can't articulate themselves without resorting to name calling.

However it appears you thrive on snippets, that initially appear civil, but are really fancy put downs dressed up.... I could be wrong, and that is just how you type.... a draw back of communicating via online forums, where tone is difficult to gauge. It could also be a side effect of being part of an older generation (if your age posted on your profile is accurate), you are just more direct/ blunt.

< snip >.

I am going to assume you know and understand the definition and meaning of the word hypocrisy.

You complement my ability to articulate and in the same breath, belittle someone else's. You follow that with a description of my writing style which directly contradicts your previous compliment. Then you sprinkle in negative assumptions about me, and insinuate I would lie about my age.

I read, write and speak English, but not American. The English I use is a combination of Canadian English, Canadian French, Syilx, and West Coast colloquialisms. Now, I can understand your writings, so the difficulty you are describing must be related to your ability (or inability) to understand (or attempt to understand) a culture other than your own.

It's a chorus from the American Opera. Mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you guys talking about the quote came clearly from this guy

Most gamers and pop culture people will remember it from this as it is the more recent popular usage of the phrase. Hench why I chose to just say meme instead of attributing the quote to an individual, as I figure someone would try to pull what croc has done and end up derailing the thread. Though I never though we would see quote pyramids this big.

Well, it's official, American justice is ruled by the mob. SO now the violence and destruction will get worse and fewer and fewer Police (if any!)will be willing or even allowed to intervene. So despite the desperate wishes of certain postees, the need for firearms for protection in America has just skyrocketed, and so too will the death toll.

To any of my American brothers and sisters - GED TO DAH CHOPPA!!!

Well, it's official, American justice is ruled by the mob. SO now the violence and destruction will get worse and fewer and fewer Police (if any!)will be willing or even allowed to intervene. So despite the desperate wishes of certain postees, the need for firearms for protection in America has just skyrocketed, and so too will the death toll.

Baltimore has recently decided they they are going to stop arresting folks for assorted misdemeanors..... drug possession, and prostitution.... (the latter I can almost understand....) I am sure the drug dealers and pimps are going to LOVE that....

Save me a seat please. :D (But, I HATE flying.... when I am not at the controls......)

< snip >

You appear to articulate your opinion well, where others such as Xrayy appear to just spam the links from a source and can't articulate themselves without resorting to name calling.

However it appears you thrive on snippets, that initially appear civil, but are really fancy put downs dressed up.... I could be wrong, and that is just how you type.... a draw back of communicating via online forums, where tone is difficult to gauge. It could also be a side effect of being part of an older generation (if your age posted on your profile is accurate), you are just more direct/ blunt.

< snip >.

I am going to assume you know and understand the definition and meaning of the word hypocrisy.

You complement my ability to articulate and in the same breath, belittle someone else's. You follow that with a description of my writing style which directly contradicts your previous compliment. Then you sprinkle in negative assumptions about me, and insinuate I would lie about my age.

I read, write and speak English, but not American. The English I use is a combination of Canadian English, Canadian French, Syilx, and West Coast colloquialisms. Now, I can understand your writings, so the difficulty you are describing must be related to your ability (or inability) to understand (or attempt to understand) a culture other than your own.

It's a chorus from the American Opera. Mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi.

I complimented you, because you are well spoken, and I used Xrayy as a contrasting example as to what internet discourse shouldn't devolve into. Hardly belittling, as its observable in his posts on this debate and other threads.... so I will leave the ultimate judgment on that point to others who have read through this debate thread for themselves.

I understand your critique of being hypocritical.... however in my defense:

You do write/ articulate yourself well, which is why I was unsure if you were adding snippets purposefully or if it was a side effect of your familiarity with the English language. Since you've clarified your language background, that answers my question... perhaps I should have utilized this ??? more often, and we would have less misunderstanding.

I wasn't calling you a liar, regarding your age, that was my way of illustrating I looked at your profile, although I could have equally have just stated that your username is named after the saltwater crocodile, since that is what you stated in your profile. I'm sure your aware of this....but people misrepresent their real ages and names on the internet all the time, which is all I was insinuating.

As for assuming you are a blunt/ direct person, due to your age.... that was an assumption on my part. Most people I know in your age group have little time for beating around the bush and prefer a direct approach, and so my assumption was less making remarks on your character, so much as leaning on my own prior experience.

Since you snipped out the beginning and ending of that reply, I take it we made some common ground on those points?

Baltimore has recently decided they they are going to stop arresting folks for assorted misdemeanors..... drug possession, and prostitution.... (the latter I can almost understand....) I am sure the drug dealers and pimps are going to LOVE that....

Save me a seat please. :D (But, I HATE flying.... when I am not at the controls......)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YQxeajQVmJo" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Come to Australia HeyYou :laugh:

Despite what the MSM has told you, it's really not that bad here. Just stay THE HELL away from the entire state of Victoria (that place is like California except more prudish) and also Sydney and it's surrounding suburbs (that place has a stick up it's a$$ bigger than New Yorkers do)

Queensland is the place you want to come. Think of the most 2A friendly, conservative, redneck town in America and cross it with Miami, and you've pretty much got most of Queensland nailed :cool:

Come to Australia HeyYou :laugh:

Despite what the MSM has told you, it's really not that bad here. Just stay THE HELL away from the entire state of Victoria (that place is like California except more prudish) and also Sydney and it's surrounding suburbs (that place has a stick up it's a$$ bigger than New Yorkers do)

Queensland is the place you want to come. Think of the most 2A friendly, conservative, redneck town in America and cross it with Miami, and you've pretty much got most of Queensland nailed :cool:

That's a long time in a plane. :D Sounds like my kind of place though. :D