gun control - what are we waiting for ?

xrayy

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HeyYou makes it sound like the constitution was carried down a mountain, written on stone tablets, and not just simply the ideas of a couple of rich guys, who wrote down what they thought at the time were some good ideas. And DanteRedField seems almost gleeful about the "American way of life".

I served with the ADF for many years, and I have wounded and killed enemy combatants. Would you consider me fearful?

I am "fearful" of US tv and US media that routinely portrays violence without consequence, even glorifies it, and of a culture that sees nothing wrong with murdering it's citizens on the flimsiest of pretexts.

I'm not an advocate for banning guns in any way, but I am an advocate for people taking a long hard look at themselves, and deciding whether they think their "culture" is truly good.

Everyone should learn how to kill with their bare hands.

Up close and personal may be more than many could stomach ... which may not be such a bad thing.

the mix of plain stupid and human life insulting comments in this debate is quite entertaining but sad. if anyone of you raised family i know already potential sources for future violence, apathy and coldness in the next generation. i hope this does not happen to all because most of your children have a brain, free will and a choice. promotion of violence, coldness and needless weapon cult is not a good thing but it would be a logical result. it seems trump used his four years to replace empathy with coldness in many heads. i know no other president who showed this kind of disturbing coldness, narcissism and lack of empathy like an obviously common behavior and part of his personality. but i see parallels reading the posts of some people here. some of them seem to prefer or even praise such a behavior.

Maybe you don't want people to have weapons because you wouldn't trust yourself with one. Some people only follow the laws in fear of punishment, not out of the goodness of their heart. I'm not saying yo're one of them but I'm not saying you're not either. Like batman said to joker, not everyone is as ugly as you, when the people on the boats didn't blow each other up

North Korea'a leader Kim was, if he is still alive, just such a person that would challenge the U. S. A. to a gun fight.

And he basically did just that by showing off he had gained the material to make Atomic and Hydrogen bombs. His toying around was killing his own people in his own country. He would have had the play set for a showdown; like two gunfighters with Atomic and Hydrogen Bombs. To find out who could make the bigger bomb.

Saddam Hussein suffered for less because of using bug spray, that is used in his garden. The one he was found in the garden tool shed building in the ground near his garden.

Did his actions wipe out 25,000 of his people in the slums?

Did he actually pull the cap release off of twenty five thousand cans of bug fumigation spray cans?

Or just buy a big container he blasted the area for bugs with, without warning the people living in the run down suburbs once famous for scientific advances called Baghdad? Or was it called Persia?

Was it one of his brothers who actually did gas the people?

Or so the story goes in the Underground News.

Kim on the other hand was more childlike and even is clearly shown as being suspicious of everyone. News stories said he thought everyone were all spies. Like him?! Is Kim more like a child mentally, even more so than his father acted like? CAN WE BELIEVE THE STORIES? We are just the public!

I have heard that Parochial schools teach children how to be much more intelligent then public schools teach children; about being mentally savvy when they become adults. Some of the best Hoodlums of the U.S.A. were Catholic.

Which brings me back to questions about what I thought the News was Including about Korea's Kim playing like he is a modern day cowboy, while testing his bomb cache to show off the ease with which he could get the materials and make the bombs, which he did, and killed many of his own people when the fallout from a couple of Atom Bombs drifted miles from the test site where he shot them off and the fallout floated down on his people making them sick and die.

Kim was shooting them off like they were 4th of July bottle rockets to demonstrate his own independence.

If you're a spy, talk to his sister. She watches his back convincingly enough in the News they allowed to be shared. Is she like the Momma he never had?

The Grandmaster Assassin Chiun (fictional as he may be) was always sending the gold he was paid home to North Korea so the mothers of North Korea didn't have to send their babies down the river.

Kind of a Moses thing! Load them into a basket made of reeds and send their babies floating down the river.

I wonder if that's true about the overpopulated countries making wicker baskets and floating them down the river with their babies in them (too young to be able to swim). Floating down the river; hoping some rich family would find them floating by their beach front property and adopt the baby? In Egypt?

Wasn't that where the one floated up to some beach front property and got adopted because he was so Cute?!

Hey! Look! Is that Amen-Ra's wife? The Ruler of the Universe and Sun God! Running an orphanage of babies found in swaddling cloths floating by on the river in wicker baskets?

Don't tell me about gun control. I had to learn how to control guns right after I finally stopped petting the kitties fur the wrong way.

It's not the neighbors you arm for but the bandits... communist bandits :pirate: and you're right nothing beats a full auto but they cost a fortune

Which reminds me of something completely unrelated

https://youtu.be/mvy1QTQ_K3Y

ok, you like to talk about bandits and not the "dangerous" neighbors. so let us talk about the real life scenario. you seem to think that you have at least a minimal chance to grab one of your weapons if a reasonable intelligent bandit wants to kill you with his weapon and has the moment of surprise on his side. really ? dream on ! even if you sleep with your gun under your pillow you will be dead before you know the bandit will kill you and if you are able to grab a weapon it is more likely you shoot unintentionally your wife or other family members until you are aware of the situation. a simple surprise and a pistol beats your automatic weapon and don't tell me such stupid stories of working and easy self defense against bandits if they do not act like idiots. be sure - bandits do not risk their lives just for fun or for you. they simply kill you before you grab your weapon! that is the plain reality. the same way all the shootings of innocent people works. the shooter always acts cowardly in a moment of surprise or does not care for his life and you will do nothing with your weapon arsenal. and no - i do not believe any fairy tale of the nra. and it is completely irrelevant in these moments if the whole nation around is militarized or not. in worst case some overwhelmed weapon lovers even would contribute to collateral damage in such undetermined situations.

Haha gleeful that's hilarious, I admit that I play it up for my own amusement and I do like the ideas of freedom and right to bear arms about america but there are things like healthcare that seem stupid to me coming from europe. And xray your theoretical scenario where I can't draw faster than the bandit I'll just dismiss by believeing in my odds of drawing faster, also as home invasions are quite common in america you definitely want to have a gun rather than not, atleast you have a chance then. Also just get an alarm system that way they can't sneak up on you