Future of Windows is on ARM. So when will the games be converted to ARM?

mkr1977

The Apple M1 is only going to be used by Apple products, which are not made with gaming in mind.Then comes the recompiling thing, which isn't likely to happen. Linux has been around for ages, and it's still barely supported. It would be nice to have more competition, but it really doesn't seem likely (or even all that logical).

The Apple M1 is only going to be used by Apple products, which are not made with gaming in mind.Then comes the recompiling thing, which isn't likely to happen. Linux has been around for ages, and it's still barely supported. It would be nice to have more competition, but it really doesn't seem likely (or even all that logical).

Linux is barely known among consumers or used for that matter. ARM is already in billions of devices, and now ARM desktop SOCs are appearing. I'd say that AAA games for ARM processors is only a matter of time. When, not if.

Guest deleted34304850

Linux is barely known among consumers or used for that matter.

you may want to revisit that nonsense.

Linux is barely known among consumers or used for that matter. ARM is already in billions of devices, and now ARM desktop SOCs are appearing. I'd say that AAA games for ARM processors is only a matter of time. When, not if.

I am sure the game developers will just jump at the chance to redo their games to work on Apple products. (Very heavy sarcasm)

Just look at the (not) many games that are available for the MAC and other Apple products.

Game developers make games for the most common operating system. Windows. Windows represents almost 80% of desktop operating systems. OS/X hovers around 15% or so. Linux is down there in single digits. Not to mention that most games require DirectX to function.... which is only found (natively) on windows based machines. Sure, there may be billions of devices out there using ARM architecture, but, those are not what I would even remotely consider 'gaming' devices in the terms that desktops are.

Is it coming though? Maybe. Certainly not any time soon though.