[WIP] Call of Hircine: Bloodmoon Rising

TheElderInfinity

Ah, that's good, I'm planning on having the founder of the werewolf hunters be someone who lived through the Bloodmoon of last era, and witnessed the events of the expansion first hand.

Would it be possible to have a script that detects the weather? On cloudy nights I think the chance of transforming on non-full moon nights should be reduced.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About your issues with the sneak animation, might I suggest using the sprint animation as a foundation?

Say by keeping the body hunched over and changing the animation of the legs and arms to a more purposeful movement.

Been lurking this since it was first posted in mod requests, and I have to say good ideas so far.

The feral/controlled system seems like a good idea, but should probably not replace the old good/evil system. For example, Aela does not try to resist her nature, but doesn't quite strike me as evil. Well, at the very least she doesn't go about mindlessly killing every innocent she sees. Perhaps having both systems in place could work.... maybe have the control system related to the quest line and the morality related to actions?

I also like the concept of this affecting your appearance, but not the idea of feral = heavy, and tame = light. Perhaps more or less animal-ish?

As for the hunters, yes we need a competent group as the two we have are push overs. Also I'm noticing a lack of morality in both groups. The silver hand torture what they catch, and the vigilant never show any mercy. It would please me to see this new group not coming off as evil/grey like the others do. Perhaps they might spare one that isn't evil, if not allow very few in their ranks. Cures in skyrim seem to be in short supply (you get, what 4 or 5, and it only works on the companion strain?) perhaps they could discover a distribute one?

As for the companion strain being able to shift back, how does this work with involuntarys? Perhaps being able to stop from changing in the first place, but capable of doing so a bit later. ("Oh noes, in a city.... I could use this to clear out that annoying dungeon, but me no wants hurt civilians/bounty....")

^ Well, the Silver hand are going to be the push overs in this mod. The werewolf hunters, whose name will be revealed later are EXTREMELY competent, and aren't even exclusively focused on werewolves. They also hunt vampires, the undead, and witches, though, unlike the Vigilants of Stendarr, with whom they have a heated rivalry, the hunters are somewhat tolerant of Daedra, particularly those that serve the "good" Daedra, and especially those serving Meridia. The hunter's mages frequently employ summoned Atronarchs, and (if we can get a good model for them) Aurorans. The fact that a little less than half of the Hunters are Mer and about a tenth of them are beastfolk further distinguishes them from the Vigilants. Rather than a religiously oriented order, they exist to

"Hunt the creatures which prey upon men and mer."

Of course, if anything, the hunters are even harsher, if vastly more effective than the vigilant of Stendarr. Their effectiveness is the reason Skyrim tolerates them, despite their ties to Daedra, their extensive use of magic and their general disregard for Nord culture.

None of the factions in Bloodmoon Rising are morally white, they're all various shades of fairly dark grey.

What i thought till now (my ides in short):

Werewolf Hunters:

First of all they are not the Silver Hands (but still we can find groups of those idiots roaming around hunting) and they are far stronger than them, thats what you said till now;

this strength can be explained by a connection through Hircine, who loves hunt and who loves giving a suggestion or two to his hunters (and prey), so we can make some of those supernatural hunter followers of Hircine who were told to hunt their best prey of all (you);

they should be able to resist ONLY to the werewolf curse (to everything will kill the "unique" feel around being a supernatural best), more tough (more hp and physical resistance) and more cunning (we are talking go face to face against a force of nature, so they are FORCED to use tricks to survive or being overwhelmed) and probably immune to werewolves fear abilities.

Now, about for Silver weapons, they should completely stop the natural UBER regeneration of the beast, but leaving the human one (so while in beast form we get a magical buff to health regen) for a couple of seconds (we are talking of being hit a lot of times or trying to avoid it, so few seconds are enough), that can be translated to some kind of burn that it dies after a while;

fire stops ALL the regeneration of the character for those few seconds of burning... but nothing more, the beast shouldn't get a loads of weaknesses.

Maybe later i will post my thought on the relationship with other werewolves (that can be translated on the relationship of simple wolves in a pack).

ps: again i excuse myself for my enthusiasm, but i want to absolutely share my ideas with you and see if we think the same.

I've been following this thread since it was posted and read all the posts.I think you guys should change the transformation animation because it looks dull.The idea is really cool and looking forward for the release.The werewolf hunters should be different than the Silver Hand.Lets say they are an order that was found after the Bloodmoon expansion,and they should only hunt werewolfs and possible infected people.Anyways good luck with the mod.

Infinity already has the hunters quite worked out. Trust me when I say his plans are brilliant.

As for no morally white factions... well, isn't one of the werewolf packs pretty light grey?

The three packs we have planned are all vastly different in setup, unlike my original (and more bland) idea, but generally speaking, there's a 'good' one, a 'neutral' one, and an 'evil' one.

Transformation animation? ...I'm pretty fond of the one we have, tbh. Looks awesome. The transformation back, on the other hand, is like... what.

Feral/tame and Aela... good point. However, I'd say that she is tame, as is every Companion werewolf. Her love for the hunt and quest for glory is more of her own personality than much else, even if that personality may be influenced by the wolf. She's not feral; like, in Gallows Rock, she explains to you that some go mad and 'can't separate the man from the beast', or something like that. She's still entirely sane.

This thing about "good" "neutral" and "evil" doesn't sound well.

Ferals : beasts, predators with a neverending thirst of blood, till they are not full they will hunt, hunt and.... hunt, like wolves, but with a bigger belly.

Tame : normal mans and mers (evil or not) + fur, just more violent.

Tame's (you and others) relationship with Ferals : if the feral meets a stronger tame (level comparison), they will show respect and fear for him, but if the feral is the same or higher level he will fight the tame till death or till he will be beaten, deciding to accompany you for the rest of the night or till you dismiss him.

It will be interesting even encounters of hunters vs werewolves pack. uhuhuh.

what about this?