Elder Scrolls Online Nexus and NMM updates

Dark0ne

The latest Elder Scrolls Online beta weekend kicks off today from 12pm EST (well, in fact, it's working already for me, which probably means it's live right now!), and what better way to see it in than with the official launch of our Elder Scrolls Online Nexus site, complete with Nexus Mod Manager support for the game.

Though ESO is an MMORPG that doesn't support the typical type of open modding we've seen in previous Elder Scrolls games (for obvious reasons, it's an MMO), it does have a very open addon platform for the UI, and many mods have already been released while the game is in beta. I've been contacting the mod authors I can get a hold of on the official forums for their permission to upload their files to our ESO Nexus site before launch and all of them have responded very positively to the question, which is always nice to see. As such our site is already populated with multiple different mods to kick-start the ESO beta weekend. On a side note, if you've released addons for ESO and you haven't heard from me, it's not because I don't like you, it's just because I couldn't find you on the beta forums to contact you, and it would be rude to contact you on ESOUI or other sites, outside of the official forums, about the subject.

On top of the site launch we've also released an update to our Nexus Mod Manager today that comes complete with direct mod support for ESO. ESO modding is pretty darned simple, all you need to do is extract the files in to a specific folder on your PC, but using NMM to manage your files will obviously enable the perks of using a mod manager such as easy installation, activation, deactivation and uninstallation of your mods (without having to mess around in your file system each time) and notifications when mods you're using are out of date. Even better, our open source NMM will work with mods from other greats sites, like ESOUI, so even if you don't want to or can't get some mods from the Nexus, you can still use NMM to manage your ESO mods from other sites. I think that's a pretty important feature of any mod manager.

I'll be taking part in the beta weekend, though I won't be able to get on this evening as it digs in to my usual Friday night festivities and I can't bring myself to cancel on friends for an MMO beta. I am playing as my usual game name, "iPokeZombiesWithSpoons". If you'd like to add me and meet up in game, in a completely platonic way, then by all means send me an invite.

In other NMM news, and perhaps exciting news if you're easily excitable, we've implemented a search box in to NMM at long last. It should be pretty self-explanatory as to what it does; typing in the search box will show you mods that contain the text you've written. And a quick-tip: pressing CTRL+F will focus the search box for you when in the mod tab.

Update 0.48.0 also brings with it a few bug fixes as well as some better tracing for us to help diagnose user login and mod updating issues. As always, you can download the update from our NMM download page, which, incidentally, shows we hit the 3 million unique downloads mark over the past few days. Whew, that's quite a lot.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i uptadet to 48.1 i got this error:

Tracing an Unhandled Exception:

Exception:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Full Trace:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Nexus.Client.MainForm.InitializeDocuments()

at Nexus.Client.MainForm..ctor(MainFormVM p_vmlViewModel)

at Nexus.Client.Bootstrapper.RunMainForm(String[] p_strArgs)

at Nexus.Client.Program.Main(String[] p_strArgs)

Running Threads (0)

So, i needed to roll back to 47.1 for nmm to work. Dont' know(dont' remember) where this should be put, so i posted this bug(?) here.

When i uptadet to 48.1 i got this error:

Tracing an Unhandled Exception:

Exception:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Full Trace:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Nexus.Client.MainForm.InitializeDocuments()

at Nexus.Client.MainForm..ctor(MainFormVM p_vmlViewModel)

at Nexus.Client.Bootstrapper.RunMainForm(String[] p_strArgs)

at Nexus.Client.Program.Main(String[] p_strArgs)

Running Threads (0)

So, i needed to roll back to 47.1 for nmm to work. Dont' know(dont' remember) where this should be put, so i posted this bug(?) here.

The right place to ask for help is the bug reports forum: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/tracker/project-3-mod-manager-open-beta/

Anyway in your case something got messed up with your config files, to solve your issue launch the NMM uninstaller to uninstall the current version of NMM removing config files when asked, then install the new version.

I am so glad there isn't a NDA for this weekends beta so people that have been in the betas can finally talk about the game. I absolutely love it. I've been in four of the betas so far (including this one) and for the last three I've been able to keep my character. I've made it to level 20, but I've ran out of things to do in PvE so now it's on to PvP. I've had so much fun with the betas.

I have an extra beta code that ZeniMax sent me to give a friend, but unfortunately I don't have any real life friends that have a gaming PC (all console lol). If anyone hasn't gotten into the beta yet and wants the code PM me and I'll let you have it. First come first serve though. I'll update this comment once I've given it away.

Edit: Code has been given.

Edited by Kalell

"In other NMM news, and perhaps exciting news if you're easily excitable, we've implemented a search box in to NMM at long last. It should be pretty self-explanatory as to what it does; typing in the search box will show you mods that contain the text you've written. And a quick-tip: pressing CTRL+F will focus the search box for you when in the mod tab."

I love you man!

I've tried to sign up for a beta key three different times over the last month, and never once was I able to even get to the page to do so. Every time I go to the site and click the option to apply for the beta, the site directs me to an age verification screen. Plain white, no graphics, very simplistic. Once I fill it out, I'm looped right back to the ESO homepage. Clicking the beta signup option just repeats the process, I've tried multiple times.

Anyone else getting this? I've seen casual haters and WoW diehards toss away their keys without a second thought, I've been a loyal fan of this series for a dozen years and I can't even get one. :P

In response to post #12426525.

Firefox. Have you or others had success with something different? I swear by the browser but I could always try signing up with IE or something else.

EDIT: It worked! Thank you very much, I wouldn't have even thought of trying that. Now I just have to keep checking my email throughout the weekend. :) Edited by miketheratguy