When installing certain new mods, old mods don't seem to load (Vortex 1.4.14)

JoeSchmoe6002
Go to solution Solved by HadToRegister,

Um

Three of those mods have other requirements

NetImmerse Override
SKSE Launcher
FNIS Fores New Idles in Skyrim

Have you installed those

I have all these installed and enabled, yes

and yes LAL was enabled on the Mods/Plugins tab even w/ the problem addons installed and enabled. Still didn't function even on a NG

EDIT: Another thing to note is that when I enable the problem addons, every time I open my "plugins" tab it gives me the error for incompatible mod archive. Says some archives in my load order are incompatible with Skyrim, but it doesn't list any of the addons in question, it lists parts of 3 other random addons that have been working fine for months.

I'd like to see these error messages

https://i.imgur.com/WLAGouA.png

with the red box you can see in the upper right being https://i.imgur.com/UTm0xxA.png

I've gotten this before though, except it was very sporadic. Now it happens **EVERY** time I open my plugins tab.

Just did a double check and I have the exact same number of deactivated Plugins and Mods (aside from the problem mods themselves) regardless of whether or not I'm enabling the problem mods, so I don't think they're deactivating per say, It seems like some sort of error that's just causing some of the mods I have to not load, even on a new game.

EDIT: If this error message doesn't tell you anything let me know what else I can provide you

Umm, those errors state exactly what the problem is. You are trying to use Oblivion mods in Skyrim. However they are just warnings. You can still use them. But no guarantees, obviously.

with the red box you can see in the upper right being https://i.imgur.com/UTm0xxA.png

I've gotten this before though, except it was very sporadic. Now it happens **EVERY** time I open my plugins tab.

Just did a double check and I have the exact same number of deactivated Plugins and Mods (aside from the problem mods themselves) regardless of whether or not I'm enabling the problem mods, so I don't think they're deactivating per say, It seems like some sort of error that's just causing some of the mods I have to not load, even on a new game.

EDIT: If this error message doesn't tell you anything let me know what else I can provide you

This is a known issue and has popped p on the forums several times, the semi official answer is just to ignore it, and it's been reported to github, but I don't know what's causing it, or if it's going to be fixed.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/9806973-vortex-mistakes-skyrim-mods-for-oblivion/

Git hub link

https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Vortex/issues/9051

The OP's "incompatible archives" reports are Vortex warnings and not Vortex errors, as explained in the GitHub link (https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Vortex/issues/9051) cited by HTR. The errors reported stem from incorrect archive headers created unwittingly by the mod authors themselves. In the OP's case, the headers are for Oblivion mods. Many of these mods work without any problem. However, in the interests of transparency, Vortex alerts users to the incompatible headers.

Appreciate the responses so far,

To be clear, the problem isn't with those mods or the error message that I posted later in the thread (posted those since someone asked), the problem is with the mods I listed in the OP

Whenever I utilize the mods in the OP, it causes some or all of my other mods to not load for some reason, even when I start a new game.

But I can use another, similar, mod from the same creator, and I'm not sure what the problem is

Just posted the error message in hopes it might be a clue of some sorts, but it seems unrelated to the actual problem (I've seen this error for months and it's been innocuous)

Curious as to why I can't utilize the mods in the OP without it effectively causing my other mods not to be read.

Edited by JoeSchmoe6002

Did some more troubleshooting (insofar as I'm capable of doing so), and I still can't seem to solve the problem.

If I enable even one of the mods that I noted I'm having trouble with it disables other mods I have, but it doesn't say that they're disabled. My assumption is that they're just not being read for whatever reason, but I don't know why enabling these mods makes this happen.

Did some more troubleshooting (insofar as I'm capable of doing so), and I still can't seem to solve the problem.

If I enable even one of the mods that I noted I'm having trouble with it disables other mods I have, but it doesn't say that they're disabled. My assumption is that they're just not being read for whatever reason, but I don't know why enabling these mods makes this happen.

That shouldn't be happening at all, and if the mod says ENABLED in Vortex, then it should be enabled in the game.

That shouldn't be happening at all, and if the mod says ENABLED in Vortex, then it should be enabled in the game.

I don't know how to explain what's happening then, because it seems to be the case that the mod is disabled despite vortex saying it's enabled.

Could it be that the new mods are loading in with higher priority than mods like LAL, and they include some sort of "game start" features that make it so that LAL can't load?

Edited by JoeSchmoe6002

• Solution

I don't know how to explain what's happening then, because it seems to be the case that the mod is disabled despite vortex saying it's enabled.

Could it be that the new mods are loading in with higher priority than mods like LAL, and they include some sort of "game start" features that make it so that LAL can't load?

Ugh, I just realized, you're using Skyrim LE, your OP says 308 mods installed.

Skyrim LE can only handle 254 Mods with ESPs or ESMs

Ohhhh

That's interesting.

Thanks for that information.

I'm assuming some of the mods I already have didn't have an ESP or ESM then, which is what allowed me to play up to this point?

Guess I'll need to disable some mods and start a New Game.

EDIT: Does the following Plugin Merger work with Vortex? Or is there another way to get around this plugin limit? Seeing conflicting information.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69905?tab=description

Edited by JoeSchmoe6002

Ohhhh

That's interesting.

Thanks for that information.

I'm assuming some of the mods I already have didn't have an ESP or ESM then, which is what allowed me to play up to this point?

Guess I'll need to disable some mods and start a New Game.

EDIT: Does the following Plugin Merger work with Vortex? Or is there another way to get around this plugin limit? Seeing conflicting information.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69905?tab=description

You can try it, I never got it to work, but maybe there are better tutorials out there.

Now if it was Skyrim SE you were playing, you could just have Vortex Convert some of your ESPs to ESPfe, which wouldn't take up an ESP slot.

That's how I have 386 mods installed for Skyrim Special Edition.

But ESPfe and ESL weren't introduced in Skyrim LE, they came along for Skyrim SE