collection for back up

jimbo4822

Ok I havent found any good way to copy my vortex complete modded game from one computer to another without almost having to reinstall a lot. So my thought is to make a collection of my game set up, upload it, don't make it public ans then install it on second computer. I know i will still have to do some sorting and conflict resolution but the download process would almost be automated to some degree. Then I should be able to use cloud saves to continue from a different comp. Does this sound like it would work?

Oh and so far I have found the collections system to be working very well,hardly any large issues. I do have some years of modding so that is probably making it easier for me. A novice may still find some issues frustrating as it is not a one click mod setup.

I think they mentioned at one point that you can't upload Collections with no intent to make them public.

We're perfectly fine with people using the Collections system as their own personal backup as long as they don't make them public. No one wants to see lots of "My personal backup please ignore" Collections clogging up the search, but if you don't publish, it's all fine.

• 1 month later...

I think they mentioned at one point that you can't upload Collections with no intent to make them public.

We're perfectly fine with people using the Collections system as their own personal backup as long as they don't make them public. No one wants to see lots of "My personal backup please ignore" Collections clogging up the search, but if you don't publish, it's all fine.

I'm so glad you confirmed this because I've been using draft collections to try and keep track of my installed mods and would have been heartbroken to see some kind of audit wipe them out!