First game you remember playing.

JustATac0

My very first was Alien 3 on sega megadrive, I loved it and i completed it countless times. Recently discovered the Supernes version... Omg this version is horrible xD Alien 3 megadrive version was very hard in the late levels in the engine core (or whatever its called in english) but the supernes version is very hard at the very begining!

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Few threads have made me feel quite as old as this one.

The first "video" game I remember playing in my home was bowling...on the RCA "Studio II" console....
It was not purchased used, and in fact we got it "earlier" than was market-available because my father worked for RCA at the time.

It was so "advanced" that the "bowling ball" was square....which neatly explains one of the main reasons it bombed hardcore in all markets, especially up against the Atari 2600.
I probably didn't actually lay hands on it myself till late 1979 or early 1980, which is the nicest way I can say, "At least I'm not as old as bben46!"

FORTRAN. Punch cards. Jebus! ;)

First game I ever played on a home computer was one I had written myself, on my parents' old ZX-81. Which is not to say it was original. There's a reason I emphasized "on a home computer". It was more or less a copy of a mechanical game I had played at the arcade. It was basically a bombing "simulator", and please imagine me doing some conspicuously exaggerated air quotes around "simulator", that basically mechanically tilted and moved the map under your crosshairs to create some illusion of controlling a bomber from the bomb-sight controls. So I figured I could program a crude approximation of that and save myself some quarters, not to mention the walking to the arcade.

• 1 month later...

If we're going that far back, Pong on a console type thing, when I was maybe about 4 or 5. Something so simple and dull kept me entertained for hours :D

I don't remember my first PC game, though. I had a console until the early 90's.

First game I remember playing was a fishing game on PC circa 2002/2003. God knows the name of it, but I do remember using a joystick to play it (one of those flight sim joysticks with buttons on the side of it). It was my uncle's computer and game, and is one of the earliest things that I can remember doing.