First game you remember playing.

JustATac0

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Tennis. Somewhere early seventies on a cheapish console you had to plug into the TV-set. Black screen with a white vertical line in the middle and two small vertical lines on the left and right that could be moved up and down with rudimentary joysticks wired to the console. A square dot the size of a dice had to be hit by the moving "rackets".

After that it was "Breakout" on an arcade console down the pub, somewhere in 1976 or 1977. Game consisted of having to tear down a wall made of yellow, orange and red bricks at the top of the screen with a dot and a moving "paddle" at the bottom, with the dot moving faster and faster as you went along...

You mean Pong? Breakout was my first love on the Atari 5200. :smile:

Dunno what it was called. The no-brand "console" came as a gift for something from the ECI Book Club. It also had a plastic gun with which you could shoot moving targets on the TV screen. The ping-pong or tennis game didn't have any speed setting or anything, just the "ball" that came into play at different angles and when you missed a point was added to the other party. I think the score went as high as ten but I'm not sure. After all, I'm talking 1971 or 72, that's fourty-five years ago...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure if it was the very first, but certainly one of the earliest ones: Hugo's House of Horrors (1990).

I didn't understand any English back then, as I was very young, but I remember I learned the word 'pumpkin' from that game. :D

Some other early games were Teazle 2 (I really miss that game; it was awesome) and various Hugo titles (not the same Hugo as in "House of Horrors").