E-Cigarette and Vaping, For and Against

Dazaster

In my view, governments aren't in the business of 'fixing' anything. If they actually solved a problem, they wouldn't have that issue to campaign on. So, the general trend is to treat symptoms of a larger ill, but do nothing to deal with the ill itself.

Not much of a platform when all parties agree that people need to stop marrying their waifus and marry a real woman and get to make babies.

Do the democrats actually agree to that though? Aren't they the ones advocating a guy that wants to pretend he is a woman, really IS a woman?????

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my view, governments aren't in the business of 'fixing' anything. If they actually solved a problem, they wouldn't have that issue to campaign on. So, the general trend is to treat symptoms of a larger ill, but do nothing to deal with the ill itself.

Not much of a platform when all parties agree that people need to stop marrying their waifus and marry a real woman and get to make babies.

Do the democrats actually agree to that though? Aren't they the ones advocating a guy that wants to pretend he is a woman, really IS a woman?????

Little double post there HeyYou, and as far as I know Japan doesn't have a party that advocates that, but I am not that deep into their politics. Only catch word of what is going on over there when it intersects certain interests in both entertainment (Video games and Anime) and sciences, with a passing interest in culture as it often relates to the other interests. As for the people that talked about it the subject was Gaijin Goomba (Former English teacher in japan, and someone that delved deep into their culture), The Anime Man (japanese- American currently living in Japan) , Gigguk, and a couple others that I can't remember their channel names.

I'm a vapor mostly due to the best taste you can get compared to an e-cigarette. There are way too many advantages when it comes to vaping. I love the different flavors you can get with vapors compare to cigarettes. Just recently menthol cigarettes were found to be carcinogenic, so I'd rather not. On top of that all you have to do when vaping is find some cheap smoke coils from https://www.vapetown.co.uk as they have a big variety to choose from which really suits my needs. I have friends who buy these coils for double and triple of what I spend. Crazy isn't it?

Cool share mate! I was looking for coils recently and this is something worth checking out.

• 2 months later...

I've been vaping nicotine for about 9 years now. I went through phases of quitting smoking cigarettes and only vaping, and also have smoked cigarettes while also vaping. I have been doing the latter mostly for the past year or so.

I smoke a lot less than I used to - when I was younger it was at one point a 3-pack-a-day habit. Now it takes me ~3 weeks/a month to get through a carton.

I would say there are pros and cons to vaping. I have owned probably 25+ mods in the time I have vaped, ranging from pen mods (when that's all there was) to RBA/drippers, squonk boxes, tube mods, etc. I spend probably $200 every 3 months on eliquid. I ONLY vape premium liquid now. I used to have a 'friend' that would make me liquid, he had an LLC and would make it out of his apartment. It was good enough, but house juices in general are questionable, and I have had issues with some shop's house blends, so I just avoid them altogether.

When I used to live in a much more humid state, I developed pneumonia on more than one occasion. I do not know if this was related to vaping - but vaping definitely exacerbated the issues. During these times, smoking cigarettes was viable and did not exacerbate the issues any further, which is when I began going back to smoking cigarettes. Now I live in one of the driest climates in the United States, and vape as much as I have any other time, and have not seen a single issue with my lungs. Again, I don't know how heavily the climate plays a part in this, but at least to me, it seems to be better in a drier climate. I'm sure my own physiology plays a part in how it affected me as well. Another note on the pneumonia is that I always seemed to have the most issues with custard or "heavy" juices - now I almost exclusively vape menthol 'freeze' flavored juices and never vape anything too 'heavy'.

All in all, I love smoking and vaping. I do not feel like a 'slave' as others have felt. I know it's not easy to quit, but I smoke and vape for enjoyment, and enjoy it I do.

I've been vaping nicotine for about 9 years now. I went through phases of quitting smoking cigarettes and only vaping, and also have smoked cigarettes while also vaping. I have been doing the latter mostly for the past year or so.

I smoke a lot less than I used to - when I was younger it was at one point a 3-pack-a-day habit. Now it takes me ~3 weeks/a month to get through a carton.

I would say there are pros and cons to vaping. I have owned probably 25+ mods in the time I have vaped, ranging from pen mods (when that's all there was) to RBA/drippers, squonk boxes, tube mods, etc. I spend probably $200 every 3 months on eliquid. I ONLY vape premium liquid now. I used to have a 'friend' that would make me liquid, he had an LLC and would make it out of his apartment. It was good enough, but house juices in general are questionable, and I have had issues with some shop's house blends, so I just avoid them altogether.

When I used to live in a much more humid state, I developed pneumonia on more than one occasion. I do not know if this was related to vaping - but vaping definitely exacerbated the issues. During these times, smoking cigarettes was viable and did not exacerbate the issues any further, which is when I began going back to smoking cigarettes. Now I live in one of the driest climates in the United States, and vape as much as I have any other time, and have not seen a single issue with my lungs. Again, I don't know how heavily the climate plays a part in this, but at least to me, it seems to be better in a drier climate. I'm sure my own physiology plays a part in how it affected me as well. Another note on the pneumonia is that I always seemed to have the most issues with custard or "heavy" juices - now I almost exclusively vape menthol 'freeze' flavored juices and never vape anything too 'heavy'.

All in all, I love smoking and vaping. I do not feel like a 'slave' as others have felt. I know it's not easy to quit, but I smoke and vape for enjoyment, and enjoy it I do.

Climate most certainly plays a role. Extreme temps, heavy humidity, etc, all exacerbate any underlying lung issues you may have. I have been a smoker for most of my life. I smoke a lot less now in my later years.... but, still around half a pack a day or so. I roll my own, (loose tobacco, pre-made tubes with filters, and a little machine) so it's a LOT cheaper than buying 'real' cigarettes.... just less convenient. (which also contributes to me smoking less.....) It's the last vice I have left... I don't drink, I don't do drugs, and I don't carouse with disreputable women..... etc.... so, I smoke. :D On REALLY cold days, I don't smoke much at all. Mainly because the cold air combined with the smoke, REALLY does a number on my lungs. I don't smoke in my house, as my wife has breathing issues all her own, and smoking one in the house would really screw her up..... I can't smoke inside at work either..... So, outside I go. The really hot/humid days...... also do a number on me.... not so much related to the smoking though, I also have MS, so, temp extremes really mess with me in any event. I am sure smoking doesn't help. :D

I used Chantix back in 2009 and haven't smoked since.
It made cigarettes absolutely HORRIBLE, they tasted like pouring an entire ashtray in your mouth, and even when you had one after a day of not smoking, you didn't even get the "Reward Buzz", it was just NOTHING
They didn't even SMELL good.

It made cigarettes absolutely HORRIBLE, they tasted like pouring an entire ahstry in your mouth, and even when you had one after a day of not smoking, you didn't even get the "Reward Buzz", it was just NOTHING

I wonder how taking something like that would affect vaping, if at all? Interesting thought. But yeah I'd probably still keep vaping, I enjoy it too much lol.

It made cigarettes absolutely HORRIBLE, they tasted like pouring an entire ahstry in your mouth, and even when you had one after a day of not smoking, you didn't even get the "Reward Buzz", it was just NOTHING

I wonder how taking something like that would affect vaping, if at all? Interesting thought. But yeah I'd probably still keep vaping, I enjoy it too much lol.

I doubt it would affect the sensation of vaping.

It was the horrible smell of the smoke, and the horrible taste of inhaling the smoke, and it not giving you any positive reinforcement whatsoever.

It turned it into a really negative experience to where I couldn't wait to stop, and I had been smoking since 1975, so I had been smoking for 34 years at that point, and it just drove me to quit.

Now I love waking up in the morning and not having a coughing fit for the first 15 minutes and reaching for a cigarette.

Plus now I don't have to carry around a lighter and cigarettes etc, but I can tell somebody is smoking when they drive by I can smell it, and I can smell the people in the grocery store with this cigarette cloud smell around them.

Chantix blocks the endorphin rush you get from nicotine, so, likely would remove a lot of the motivation for vaping as well.

I tried it a couple decades back.... but, it really didn't do anything good for me... Screwed up my head, (worse than normal...) and made me feel rather funky.... So I stopped taking it. :D