This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

The last copple of days I get very slow behaviour, from the auto-show function in quicksearch bar.

Usually it's under 1 second, no matter how much mods meet the search criteria. Sometimes there's no response at all, and I have to hit the actual search button.

Tried in Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. Same behaviour for all browsers.

The last copple of days I get very slow behaviour, from the auto-show function in quicksearch bar.

Usually it's under 1 second, no matter how much mods meet the search criteria. Sometimes there's no response at all, and I have to hit the actual search button.

Tried in Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. Same behaviour for all browsers.

Are you still seeing the issue? It appears to be back to normal speed for me, but it was a bit slow when you posted this.

• 2 weeks later...
I have had zero connection issues in the last 24 hours. Aside from a slight slow down yesterday where the site took an extra 3 seconds to load (page said it loaded in like 10.44 instead of the usual 7 seconds according to my browser)

Hello I downloaded NMM but it came as a file. I tried using the control panel with the thing that lets you install/uninstall stuff on your computer. It didn't let me I don't know what to do; does anyone else reading this had the same issue but founded a answer to this? I have a windows 8 just to give you a heads up. Have a nice day.

Hello I downloaded NMM but it came as a file. I tried using the control panel with the thing that lets you install/uninstall stuff on your computer. It didn't let me I don't know what to do; does anyone else reading this had the same issue but founded a answer to this? I have a windows 8 just to give you a heads up. Have a nice day.

You may want to take your problem to a Nexus Mod Manager support site. This is the Nexus site feedback forum.

In the meantime, what is the file extension on your download? If it's anything other than .exe, then change it to .exe.

YEa, your problem is your overzealous and paranoid Browser, or your Anti-Virus program that is renaming anything and everything with an EXE extension that you download to something your system won't run until you rename it back to EXE.

Example

Vortex.exe.38g

Your windows system will see that as a generic file icon, because of the extension the browser or AV programs adds

YOu need to rename the file by removing the Frivolous extension the Browser or AV program adds to everything you download.