I Got Banned

buddah

@Naveese: You are a bit behind the times - we haven't used the strikes system for nearly a year now. It was replaced with a informal/formal warning system that we can apply instead. We can still instaban for more serious rule violations.

Chat works differently from the forums - in chat any staff has the capability to kick for minor offenses - a kick is NOT a ban and you can get back onto chat - but you do have to go back through the page with the rules to get back on chat (hint). But jumping right back and disagreeing with the staff member who kicked you WILL get a ban - it says so right in the rule you quoted.

Unlike many sites that keep bans and the reasons for them secret - bans and formal warnings are posted along with why. The informal warning and chat kicks are not posted as they are considered minor, but are still available to the staff. And, again unlike many sites we do have an appeal process to allow you ONE appeal on a ban. The most common reason for rejecting an appeal is creating a new account to bypass the ban.

If you think a staff member has abused a rule - then you can contact the site owner - Dark0ne with your complaint.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@nexusrecon - by violating a second rule in taking your appeal public - then compounding that by making 2 more accounts ( another rule violation) you have lost your appeal. - and as the original ban was for posting scam links - it would not be approved anyway. Those kind of links are used to harvest email accounts for the scammers to send their garbage to and are absolutely forbidden on this and many other sites.

Banned again, along with your new account also. After 3 of these bans - I wouldn't bother with another appeal.

@Naveese: You are a bit behind the times - we haven't used the strikes system for nearly a year now. It was replaced with a informal/formal warning system that we can apply instead. We can still instaban for more serious rule violations.

Chat works differently from the forums - in chat any staff has the capability to kick for minor offenses - a kick is NOT a ban and you can get back onto chat - but you do have to go back through the page with the rules to get back on chat (hint). But jumping right back and disagreeing with the staff member who kicked you WILL get a ban - it says so right in the rule you quoted.

Unlike many sites that keep bans and the reasons for them secret - bans and formal warnings are posted along with why. The informal warning and chat kicks are not posted as they are considered minor, but are still available to the staff. And, again unlike many sites we do have an appeal process to allow you ONE appeal on a ban. The most common reason for rejecting an appeal is creating a new account to bypass the ban.

If you think a staff member has abused a rule - then you can contact the site owner - Dark0ne with your complaint.

I see... well; thank you for making it clearer. And I wasn't really aware of the strike system being abandoned. Haven't been using Nexus for very long.

Hello i was playing Mount & Blade Persistent and i got stuck in a wall and could not find a way out so i left the game and was rejoining it said i was banned i dont know by who or the reason. This is very frustrating and i would like a to know an anser soon. Thank You P.S.My name is Mountain_Doo

You would have to speak to the ppl who run that mod, this is nothing to do with the Nexus, the nexus just hosts mod files, not any online game servers.

Hello, I'd made a request to talk with someone a few months back and I'm not sure if in the crazyness of the server move it got lost. But may I please get in contact with a moderator? I was banned from the chat and I was hoping that I could get this situation rectified? I've attempted to contact individuals via pm and nothing has come of this.

Thank you for your time!

Jesus Christ, I have been reading all this and dang, you people are obsessed with the ban hammer, no warnings or anything, just instant ban when you see something that upsets you, I am not going to post anything on this site besides this lol of course if I get banned for commenting on banning, that's extremely childish and immature, people should be allowed to make a complaint or a suggestion at the very least if anything.

I won't ban you for commenting on banning, I'll ban you because you're a previously banned member back to comment on banning which is, quite frankly, a thick as s#*! thing to do :smile: