Managing the Load Order...

acdover

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I assume this was covered somewhere in this thread, but the whole can't change load discussion was more then I could stand. So I apologize if this has already been asked and answered:

How do you turn on the ability to change the global priorities? The field is just not there.

Ok I assume this was covered somewhere in this thread, but the whole can't change load discussion was more then I could stand. So I apologize if this has already been asked and answered: How do you turn on the ability to change the global priorities? The field is just not there.

LOOT replaced global priorities with plugin groups many months ago. That's why you can't find global priorities in Vortex.

Ok I assume this was covered somewhere in this thread, but the whole can't change load discussion was more then I could stand. So I apologize if this has already been asked and answered: How do you turn on the ability to change the global priorities? The field is just not there.

And you do not need to do anything other than turn on auto-sort and trust Vortex. People trying to manually tweak their load order without knowing exactly what to do in Vortex will mess up the entire game and experience. Just let Vortex to auto-sort your plugins and be done with it. Forget about everything else and pay attention to resolve mod conflicts in the Mod Screen. That's it !!

No need to use groups or anything in the Plugins Screen. Just turn Auto-sort and let Vortex to handle your plugins.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sorry if this subject has been lost in this now immense thread, but I have to deliver input here.
Managing a large modlist without drag-and-drop takes a long, -long- time. And, before someone goes "lOl just use LOOT", stop. No. Loot is immensely beyond useless for a game like Fallout 4. It always has been and, for the foreseeable future, seemingly always will be.

I do love many of Vortex's features, but not being able to quickly and efficiently rearrange my modlist is a bit of a pain, honestly. Managing a large modlist looking for errors or better plugin placement is far, far too much work.

I'm sorry if this subject has been lost in this now immense thread, but I have to deliver input here.

Managing a large modlist without drag-and-drop takes a long, -long- time. And, before someone goes "lOl just use LOOT", stop. No. Loot is immensely beyond useless for a game like Fallout 4. It always has been and, for the foreseeable future, seemingly always will be.

I do love many of Vortex's features, but not being able to quickly and efficiently rearrange my modlist is a bit of a pain, honestly. Managing a large modlist looking for errors or better plugin placement is far, far too much work.

Nope, I just set up Fallout 4 again, with different mods this time around, (249 total this time), and only had to manually move one mod, Vortex/Loot did the rest, and I have a crash free gameplay.

You need to STOP buying into the propaganda put out by others that Loot "Can't handle Fallout 4" when in fact, it does just nicely.

I know of a couple of people who are spreading that misinformation of "Doan't use teh Vort43ex because it uses LEWT and Fallout 4 + Loot = BAD" and it's simply not true.

Don't believe the hype, and stop following those useless "How to set up the perfect load order for Fallout 4" Guides.

They're unnecessary when using Vortex.

Nope, I just set up Fallout 4 again, with different mods this time around, (249 total this time), and only had to manually move one mod, Vortex/Loot did the rest, and I have a crash free gameplay.

You need to STOP buying into the propaganda put out by others that Loot "Can't handle Fallout 4" when in fact, it does just nicely.

I know of a couple of people who are spreading that misinformation of "Doan't use teh Vort43ex because it uses LEWT and Fallout 4 + Loot = BAD" and it's simply not true.

Don't believe the hype, and stop following those useless "How to set up the perfect load order for Fallout 4" Guides.

They're unnecessary when using Vortex.

You clearly haven't tried a large modlist with overhauls and compatibility patches then. It's not some propaganda people are spewing out, if you have a large modlist it absolutey will, 99.99% of the time, sort things completely wrong.

Anything remotely related to Horizon, for example, LOOT just throws around the modlist with no clear intention whatsoever, even above plugins' respective masters.

Edited by LunaticLooter

how large is large? 249/255 seems fairly large to me.

Well, on my Skyrim I have a total modlist of 570 mods merged down to 248 currently active plugins (post bash).

I've had Fallout running stable on MO2 with over 800 mods (again, several categories merged down to reduce plugin count) for several 100-400 hour playthroughs.

Handling anything like that, particularly when some plugins are updated and merges need to be remade, would be a complete nightmare in Vortex. In MO2 it's really easy to change everything between playthroughs, organizing mods is a breeze and you can have dozens of seperate profiles without any problems whatsoever.

how large is large? 249/255 seems fairly large to me.

Well, on my Skyrim I have a total modlist of 570 mods merged down to 248 currently active plugins (post bash).

I've had Fallout running stable on MO2 with over 800 mods (again, several categories merged down to reduce plugin count) for several 100-400 hour playthroughs.

Handling anything like that, particularly when some plugins are updated and merges need to be remade, would be a complete nightmare in Vortex. In MO2 it's really easy to change everything between playthroughs, organizing mods is a breeze and you can have dozens of seperate profiles without any problems whatsoever.

Well, then, it sounds like you just need to stick with MO2 and enjoy your games. Meanwhile those of us Vortex users who have no problems managing large and complex modlists for Fallout 4 or Skyrim SE or whatever will continue to enjoy our games.

Edited by Augusta Calidia