VORTEX - PROBLEM WITH CONFLICTS RESOLUTION

slowman87

Hay I just found this chat.

Yes I decided to transfer my Mods to Vortex a week ago.

All in all Vortex is shaping up to be a good MM but ...

I agree whole heartedly that the conflict resolution needs some work especially when 3 or more mods have

some conflicts between them. I have ragdalls and force and new XPMSE, sos and others and I get get multiple conflicts on XPMSE with a lot of these mods. At one time my head was spinning and Vortex kept saying that there is a cycle conflict issue. I looked at all the rules but I could not see any conflicts with the rules. So I disabled the mods one by one and at one time there was only XPMSE left and it still said cycle conflict! The ICon (not the lightening) was red.

So I disabled/uninstalled and reinstalled and reenabled and then the message disappeared. Could a rule get messed up so bad as to reference itself? don't know. That was very weird.

But I have to admit that i am spoilt by NMM overwrite dialog that I DO NOT understand most of it.

Before Nmm overwrites it now it is up to me to decide, which causes all sorts of problems. I was under the

impression that all mods use the same skeleton but apparently they all use their own which seems a waste

of resources but all I read is XP3 is required.

We need something like loot in Vortex to resolve these nativey but at the very least, what vortex needs is to be able to sort on conflicts to help people see all their mods that have conflicts cleanly without going from one end of the list to the other.

I also found a bug - you are not able to setup the headings on the Plug in page using the cog icon.

the icon works but checkboxws do not work properly.

I also concurr that there is an issue with delays/timng because I noticed that when I don't give vortex anough time to do things and assume it has finished Eg. when I enable a mod it goes green pretty fast but when I do it on multiple mods the blue deploy does not show up or it shows up when I click in others - definately some job caching issue there somewhere.

well my vortexs calls...

Edited by pzaw

• 2 weeks later...

Unable to save dependency rule. I have unresolved conflicts. I select the dependency, select add before or after from drop down, then save. The save button flashes however the pop up window will not close, nor save the changes. I have tried with the show me conflict function, and scrolling directly to the plugin and selecting dependencies from there. Yesterday it was between unp body renewal and seductive lips to resolve I had to delete lips. I was able to save another dependency after that. Today it is between Metalsabers Beautiful Ladies and Asthetic Elisif. The only way I have not tried to resolve is by dragging the dependency to others as they were always too far apart and I can't get the window to scroll will a dependency selected at any time.

Fixed with the update on 4/6/18. It is now working like a champ for me.

Unable to save dependency rule.

Same issue. After latest update conflicts suddenly showed up. Attempting to resolve them doesn't work because clicking the Save button does nothing.

Edit: Seems to only be pooched in Fallout 4. SSE worked fine.

Unable to save dependency rule.

Same issue. After latest update conflicts suddenly showed up. Attempting to resolve them doesn't work because clicking the Save button does nothing.

Edit: Seems to only be pooched in Fallout 4. SSE worked fine.

Actually it fails for me saving in both games. I'm sure it's going to be fixed soon, with another update.

Yesterday my Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 games were bitten by the Vortex 0-13-6 bug, To heal my deactivated dependency rules, I simply re-installed v. 0-13-5. It worked. My rules are now happy and well and doing the job they were designed to do.

If you have this bug problem, you may want to try this solution to see if it works for you.

Had a mod that I imported where the rule would save but never apply so it still showed a conflict. Turned out to be an issue with the file name. After deleting the mod, renaming it, and re-importing I was able to get the conflict rule saved and applied. The character I had a problem with was brackets [ ] but there may be others.

Feedback submitted through vortex already.

It is tedious and tricky; if you add a mod and you want to place it between two mods already with their dependency in place, it would not let me, unless I delete the dependency of the one that load after, place the new one and re-place the other. I do not know if there is anyway that Vortex can move down the mod below and just make a room for the other, probably is not doable, I do not know.

Also, something that I noted recently is that on a new game, with Vortex open / active, anytime I want to clean my game master files via SSEEdit, it would give me an error saying that ( for example Update.esm or any other ) the file cannot be deleted from C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Steam\ ....etc, etc .... so as soon as I closed Vortex, that error did not occur at all and I was able to clean all the game master files. I have not idea why is doing that. Has anybody noticed it ?

Also, I started a new game and before that obviously, I delete all mods, uninstall Skyrim, clean all folders and wipe out everything. Re-installed Skyrim, opened Vortex, started to play my game till I was getting out of Helgen; started to install my mods and I had the surprise that within my Plugin tab, all the dependencies from my previous game were there still ..... do not know why Vortex does not wipe out also dependencies when you delete all the mods.

It is tedious and tricky; if you add a mod and you want to place it between two mods already with their dependency in place, it would not let me, unless I delete the dependency of the one that load after, place the new one and re-place the other. I do not know if there is anyway that Vortex can move down the mod below and just make a room for the other, probably is not doable, I do not know.

Actually, this should be much easier to do.

Let's say you already have installed mod A and mod B.

You have a rule that mod B is loaded after mod A (so it's overwriting mod A). Then you install mod C, and you'd like it to overwrite mod A but it should still be overwritten by mod B (so it's "in between" mod A and B).

After installing mod C, you just have to set two rules in mod C: Load AFTER mod A and load BEFORE mod B.

That's all you've got to do and you're fine.

These overwrite rules are actually easy to use once understood, however, in comparison to ModManager, you can't see the actual outcome (while file is provided by which mod, or is overwritten by which mod). And the actual order of the mods (like a tooltip "part of this is overwitten by mod x") would also be nice.

But Vortex is still in a very early stage, I'm still surprised how well it's actually working.

• 1 year later...

I can't seem to find if anyone else has this issue
But I installed a couple animation sets recently and put in a rule they load After FINS
However when I hit deploy mods, it says there is a rule cycle

I check it manually and the only rule it shows me in the mods menu is the one I created but If I click the orange prompt
It shows a rule cycle between any new animation set and FINS
So I remove any rules the create a cycle on that screen

Vortex then tells we me redeploy before it can run the game
When I do it somehow the rule cycle happens again causing it all over again

Anytime I try skip deployment to play anyway, the game crashes when I pause near any city

Edit to add useful information
Vortex Version 1.1.12
Skyrim Legendary Edition
The mods in question are Pretty Combat Animations and Crawling on all fours

MY PC
ASRock Z170
i5-6600
32 gigs
Nvidea 2060

Edited by Portablepuertorican

I can't seem to find if anyone else has this issue

But I installed a couple animation sets recently and put in a rule they load After FINS

However when I hit deploy mods, it says there is a rule cycle

I check it manually and the only rule it shows me in the mods menu is the one I created but If I click the orange prompt

It shows a rule cycle between any new animation set and FINS

So I remove any rules the create a cycle on that screen

Vortex then tells we me redeploy before it can run the game

When I do it somehow the rule cycle happens again causing it all over again

Anytime I try skip deployment to play anyway, the game crashes when I pause near any city

Edit to add useful information

Vortex Version 1.1.12

Skyrim Legendary Edition

The mods in question are Pretty Combat Animations and Crawling on all fours

MY PC

ASRock Z170

i5-6600

32 gigs

Nvidea 2060

If you're getting a cyclic rule, then most likely you put the Animation Mod in a Group that is supposed to LOAD BEFORE the Group that you put FNIS in, while you're trying to force the animation mod to load AFTER FNIS

Don't put your mods in groups.

Also, why didn't you start your own Thread, instead of Necroing a 2 year old thread?