Photo

Do not put mods/downloads into your Vortex install directory!

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

hosaf

hosaf

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

can i delete AppData\Roaming\Vortex\skyrimse\mods this folder? 

z3nb4st4rd

z3nb4st4rd

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

I have no problem with this. I always keep my downloads in the windows download directory. Having recently switched to SSE, I've noticed that mod archives don't seem to be directly available any more. You cannot "reinstall" a mod. You have to remove it and go back to reinstalling from file. This was not the case with Oldrim. Maybe that was a fortunate side effect of importing everything from NMM? Not a big deal....just saying.

HadToRegister

HadToRegister

Awake at stupid o'clock

• Premium Member
  • 15,131 posts

I have no problem with this. I always keep my downloads in the windows download directory. Having recently switched to SSE, I've noticed that mod archives don't seem to be directly available any more. You cannot "reinstall" a mod. You have to remove it and go back to reinstalling from file. This was not the case with Oldrim. Maybe that was a fortunate side effect of importing everything from NMM? Not a big deal....just saying.

That's because SSE uses different mods than Skyrim does, Vortex won't show your Skyrim LE mods if you're using it to mod Skyrim SE

That's why there's a Skyrim section to download mods, and a Skyrim Special Edition section to download mods.
They aren't interchangeable between games.

MPGmsi

MPGmsi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

https://ibb.co/Dzst283

does this look right ?

i dont have the mod folder

Chabp

Chabp

• Premium Member
  • 10 posts