Trump

TheMastersSon

Fair enough. They could have definitely eased the situation without those drills, but it would seem that talks may in fact commence again. Strange. Kim is obviously in need of something, to even do any of this. I just don't know what it is. The bigger picture is between the US and China, not North Korea. China themselves must be putting pressure on him. Why? I'm not sure of that. Despite people thinking Trump is a nitwit, he actually seems to be weaving a tangled web here with multiple players. No doubt China would prefer resolving trade relations with the US. This is all probably part of it.

China doesn't want another Korean war, any more than we do. (well, most of us, at least.....) My guess is that the sanctions are having more of an effect on NK then lil kim would like to let on. Still and all, I don't expect anything worthwhile to happen from it.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For people who think NK saying the military drills are provocative your talking nonsense , they have benn gong on for 50+ years and every year NK says their provocative , whether there was a meeting or not they would still call them provocative and make threatening statement of outrage. Whats really going on here is the pre meeting negotiation of stance , as in what is going to be the atmosphere when the meeting begins , its a form of brinkmanship.

Think of it like this your at your first dance and you like a girl , but you don't want them to know you like them that much until you know what the terms of the engagement is going to be so you don't embarrass yourself. So your trying to put yourself in the best situation you can before you go ask her to dance. Thats what is happening.

Newflash the meeting is officially back on.

What I would say is really going on is that there are people now in the Trump administration having replaced those he originally brought in (thankyou liberal media) who are just itchin to go at Iran. But they can't do that with the NK issue hanging in the rear (both politically and geographically). So they want to put that to rest. Here is the simple truth . They want to deal with the mid east situation but that could involve war in Eastern Europe (Russia/allies) and Mid East (Iran/allies) , they can't afford to also have a war in the Koreas. The US military posture would find themselves out of position , troops over large areas would not be able to be re supplied and would be exposed. In fact its very likely they could not win that kind of war at all. But if they could remove NK and China from the equation by settling the Korea issue , then they have a chance to win (if it comes to that). Basically localize the potential conflict to geographic areas that are close.

Will it work out exactly as they want (not likely) , but they are going to try. It will take a few years to arrange the ducks, could be 2020 , but ya never know because there are just so many other things that could happen that change the chessboard.

Congrats to Ivanka Trump for landing five recognized trademarks from the PRC, and to Donald for landing $500 million from this same group to finance his new "theme park", which happens to include a private residence. I present the latest examples of Trump's swamp draining:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ivanka-gets-5-china-trademarks-as-president-works-zte-deal_us_5b0a07eee4b0568a880c0a0d

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/china-contributing-500-million-trump-linked-project-indonesia/

IMO it's a riot how this same PRC just refused to buy $200B worth of U.S. goods and services, while they didn't flinch at giving $500 million to Trump for his "theme park" development in Indonesia. Even more disgusting is Trump's acceptance of this money. Oh the joys of handpicked "winners". He matters. We don't. He gets a new private mansion in Indonesia financed by the PRC, our country gets shown the trade door by 1.5 billion totalitarian Communists. It literally makes me want to vomit, apparently our country no longer has any conflict of interest laws whatsoever.

Edited by TheMastersSon

Obama, at absolute best, punted on net neutrality much as he did on private prisons: doing nothing for eight straight years and then making a meaningless gesture at the 11th hour while his stuff was being packed. The DNC and RNC serve the same masters, take the same people's money, and have the same ultimate goals and each is the most guilty of everything they constantly accusing the other of. Throwing out the "Hitler" stuff shuts down any meaningful discussion and is, frankly, pretty cringe.

Totally Cringe-worthy I agree. When they still,go on about that. I'm embarrassed but..its the special type of embarrassment, you know, the kind one feels for people too senseless to be embarrassed for themselves.

Edited by skyquest32

• 2 weeks later...

I have never voted for a Republican in my life. Vote for Obama twice.

I can say I will never vote for the DNC ever again and will probably vote for Trump in 2020

Openly embracing Communism and Social Justice warriors have driven people like me away. And no, I'm not a White Male.

• 1 month later...

People like Sarah Jeong, and Ocasio-Cortez should have every right to say what's on their mind. If that's the new left, then let them step up and represent it.

Because, if that becomes the Democratic Party's new message, Trump is guaranteed to win in 2020.

And mid-term prospects aren't looking good for the Democrats, either.

People like Sarah Jeong, and Ocasio-Cortez should have every right to say what's on their mind. If that's the new left, then let them step up and represent it.

Because, if that becomes the Democratic Party's new message, Trump is guaranteed to win in 2020.

Mid term prospects are looking GREAT for Democrats, actually.

The Reich-Wing is doing what they always do, gearing up to cheat during the midterms.

They'll start carrying on about if any Democrat wins, they'll say the Russians interfered in the election.

If their policies were popular they wouldn't have to rely on gerrymandering and voter ID laws that disenfranchise Minorities.

The Republican party ceased being a political party when Reagan got into office and allowed Jerry Fallwell to turn it into a fundamentalist Religious party.

The days of the Eisenhower Republicans are long gone, now they just cater to the Koch Brothers and try to implement the Government that the Koch brothers want.

That's why McConnell has done NOTHING in his career except Obstruct and make sure our government doesn't work properly.

When you get a Senator or Congressman, who, when taking office, takes an oath to "Uphold and protect the Constitution", then gives a speech to a lobbying group making a promise to make sure a newly elected President will be a "One Term President", you're NOT working in the government anymore, and you're not upholding and protecting the Constitution.

If only the Republicans and Senators held Trump to the same standards they demanded from Obama, Trump would've been impeached last year.

But instead they had their "fake outrage" over Obama for eight years, and are now apologists for whatever Trump does, that they used to accuse Obama of doing.

Golf?

They still insist Obama golfed more than Trump.

Fox News was so petty they criticized Obama for putting mustard on his hamburger, and always referred to him as the "Anointed One", but treat Trump as the second coming of christ.

Don't forget, the very first thing the Republican run Government did in January 2017, was to try and eliminate the Ethics Commission.

That was a huge red flag.

They've been waiting for 30 years to have all branches of the Government, and their strategy is to get into power and STAY in power, so I fear for the midterms and future elections.

The political map was not as red when I was a kid, now it's nearly all red, and that's because Republicans get into the lower legislature and gerrymander the hell out of a state, and/or Strip the Governor (If Democrat) of his power (See North Carolina)

Now they're stacking the Supreme court so that Gerrymandering cases will get thrown out, and this supreme court will only vote for far right issues for the next couple of generations.

I certainly won't see a fair supreme court in my lifetime, McConnell made sure of that.

Meanwhile Orrin Hatch has typical Republican Amnesia and attacks the Democrats for wanting to see more info on Trump's new SCOTUS pick, and claiming that the Republicans didn't do that to the Democrats, while completely forgetting about Merrick Garland, and how McConnell stole the SCOTUS seat.

Republicans need to change their mascot from an Elephant to a Goldfish.

Mid term prospects are looking GREAT for Democrats, actually.

The Reich-Wing is doing what they always do, gearing up to cheat during the midterms.

They'll start carrying on about if any Democrat wins, they'll say the Russians interfered in the election.

If their policies were popular they wouldn't have to rely on gerrymandering and voter ID laws that disenfranchise Minorities.

The Republican party ceased being a political party when Reagan got into office and allowed Jerry Fallwell to turn it into a fundamentalist Religious party.

The days of the Eisenhower Republicans are long gone, now they just cater to the Koch Brothers and try to implement the Government that the Koch brothers want.

That's why McConnell has done NOTHING in his career except Obstruct and make sure our government doesn't work properly.

When you get a Senator or Congressman, who, when taking office, takes an oath to "Uphold and protect the Constitution", then gives a speech to a lobbying group making a promise to make sure a newly elected President will be a "One Term President", you're NOT working in the government anymore, and you're not upholding and protecting the Constitution.

If only the Republicans and Senators held Trump to the same standards they demanded from Obama, Trump would've been impeached last year.

But instead they had their "fake outrage" over Obama for eight years, and are now apologists for whatever Trump does, that they used to accuse Obama of doing.

Golf?

They still insist Obama golfed more than Trump.

Fox News was so petty they criticized Obama for putting mustard on his hamburger, and always referred to him as the "Anointed One", but treat Trump as the second coming of christ.

Don't forget, the very first thing the Republican run Government did in January 2017, was to try and eliminate the Ethics Commission.

That was a huge red flag.

They've been waiting for 30 years to have all branches of the Government, and their strategy is to get into power and STAY in power, so I fear for the midterms and future elections.

The political map was not as red when I was a kid, now it's nearly all red, and that's because Republicans get into the lower legislature and gerrymander the hell out of a state, and/or Strip the Governor (If Democrat) of his power (See North Carolina)

Now they're stacking the Supreme court so that Gerrymandering cases will get thrown out, and this supreme court will only vote for far right issues for the next couple of generations.

I certainly won't see a fair supreme court in my lifetime, McConnell made sure of that.

Meanwhile Orrin Hatch has typical Republican Amnesia and attacks the Democrats for wanting to see more info on Trump's new SCOTUS pick, and claiming that the Republicans didn't do that to the Democrats, while completely forgetting about Merrick Garland, and how McConnell stole the SCOTUS seat.

Republicans need to change their mascot from an Elephant to a Goldfish.

Or maybe it's because the american public really doesn't care for democrat policies.........

Or maybe it's because the american public really doesn't care for democrat policies.........

You mean like having healthcare like every other country does, or Worker's rights, or actually having the Rich pay their fair share of Taxes so EVERYBODY has a chance at the American Dream Pre-1986 Reagan?

People getting an education that doesn't involve teaching them that the Earth is 6,000 years old?

Separation of Church and State, Raising the Minimum wage that the Republicans have kept stagnated for years, a livable wage, unions etc.

Republican policies are only for the 1% and Corporations, NOBODY ELSE.

Like I said, if Republican policy was popular, they wouldn't need to Gerrymander, Cheat, and Make bogus Voter Laws that disenfranchise Minorities.

Nor would they have to steal SCOTUS seats.

Are you ready to have your taxes skyrocket so we can have 'universal health care' like 'everyone else'?

If you go to a religious school, expect religious teachings. And that particular tidbit is a very tiny minority of even religious schools.

The dems want the muslims to be able to maintain their own culture, as in, sharia law. Is that what you want here in the US? Personally, that doesn't sound like a very good idea to me.

Oh, yeah, and we all know the dems have NEVER changed voting districts for their own benefit........

Steal SCOTUS seats? Seriously? If a SCOTUS judge retires while the republicans are in office, they get to pick his replacement. Same for the dems. How is that 'stealing'???

Also, I would much prefer a party that actually supports the constitution, and the bill of rights, rather than a party that thinks they 'know what's best' for everyone, and wants to legislate that we live how they dictate. Not to mention attempting to pass 'common sense' laws, that would have absolutely zero effect on the problem they are attempting to 'solve'. Slapping a pretty label on it does NOT make it accurate.

Guns kill in the neighborhood of 30K people per year. Most of which are suicides. (and it also includes law enforcement related deaths. You know, cops shooting bad guys) Doctors kill 250,000, to 450,000 people per year, depending on whose statistics you look at. (and that is NOT talking about abortion.) There are several other "legal" items that cause more deaths than guns as well. Obesity, tobacco, alcohol. Yet we don't see the dems trying to ban those? Why is that?

Minimum wage jobs are supposed to be 'entry level' positions. Jobs at Mcdonalds, etc, were NEVER meant to support a family. They were jobs for highschool kids. But, with the exporting of our manufacturing to third world countries, (thank you dems) we now have mostly adults doing those jobs. Then they whine and cry that they don't make enough money to live. (in places where the cost of living is relatively high as compared to the rest of the country in any event.) So, the 'city fathers' mandate a new minimum wage... and what happens? Those places of business can no longer afford their workers. So, they move elsewhere, or reduce their workforce, or automate those jobs, and now, NO ONE is getting paid anything to do them. Seattle is a fine example here. Los Angeles is working on becoming another one, along with New York.

I would also point out, that even WITH all their gun laws, California STILL leads the nation in gun deaths. (homicides.) Last I checked, they were at around 1800 per year, next highest state was about 1200. How are those 'common sense' laws working out there? And oh, don't forget the 'gun free zones'....