I have to Pay to Download Mods

0Anesthetic4u

So a little backstory. Vortex is GARBAGE, nothing works right, and it's been such a Frustration, that I've given up on playing modded games after a month of trying to Vortex to do it's damn job right and failing to do so.

But I've kept downloading mods into Vortex incase I ever decided to give it a go again, or if the stupid thing ever got fixed so it works properly.

I decided to give it a try again tonight, only to discover Vortex REFUSES to DL mods without me paying for premium.

Every mod I try to DL gives me this Error

"You don't have permission to get download links from the API without Visiting Nexusmods.com, this is for premium users only."

I AM ON NEXUS MODS . COM!!! Thats where I am finding and trying to download the mods from.

God I HATE Vortex, who asked for an ugly overly complicated new Mod Manager, when the old one worked great.

So a little backstory. Vortex is GARBAGE, nothing works right, and it's been such a Frustration, that I've given up on playing modded games after a month of trying to Vortex to do it's damn job right and failing to do so.

But I've kept downloading mods into Vortex incase I ever decided to give it a go again, or if the stupid thing ever got fixed so it works properly.

I decided to give it a try again tonight, only to discover Vortex REFUSES to DL mods without me paying for premium.

Every mod I try to DL gives me this Error

"You don't have permission to get download links from the API without Visiting Nexusmods.com, this is for premium users only."

I AM ON NEXUS MODS . COM!!! Thats where I am finding and trying to download the mods from.

God I HATE Vortex, who asked for an ugly overly complicated new Mod Manager, when the old one worked great.

K

First off, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY, To Download mods.

Tell me, have you read the FAQ

Have you read the built in knowledge base and watched the built in videos?

If you're having as much trouble as you're saying you're having, perhaps it's because you haven't watched any tutorials etc on how Vortex actually works?

It sounds like you're just blindly poking around, while not bothering to RTFM

Somehow you are getting to a Premium server for your downloads. And they check if you are a paying member.

Make sure you are logged into nexusmods.com. When it sees you are not Premium, it connects you to a generic download server.

Vortex has nothing to do with it; try downloading your mods manually.

I wanted to check when you last downloaded Vortex (so I could see how out-of-date it was) but your download history doesn't even show that you've downloaded Vortex from Nexus Mods.

Where did you download Vortex from? Or do you have more than one account and the download was on the other account?

• 2 years later...
Guest deleted34304850

I will pay anyone and I mean anyone to help me make Vortex work. Any one any thing to make sense of this gibberish!!! [email protected] Haver been TRYING for over a year!!!

I would suggest that if you have been trying to a year to set up vortex then you may want to go off and try something less taxing, such as read a book, or look out the window. But if you're determined, then here's where you start;

1. open a new thread.

2. read this post and put as much detail as you can into your new post https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/7332636-how-to-post-request-support-for-vortex/

Once you've done that, there are many kind, knowledgable people who can get you going. Now, back to you.