Is Vortex a needlessly more confusing than NMM or it's just me?

Narfiam

I effing love Vortex.

Made the hard switch 2 months ago after a break, best thing i did for myself.

After a week of use it clicks, and after having used it for a month some kind of matrix shows and you loose all fear of breaking anything, both manager and game.

It is just so wonderfully compliant, even with the seat belts turned off.

And i don't think people realize that this manager offer the

best of all worlds, and what it does not offer you should probably not be doing in a manager anyways.

There are always room for improvements, but damn it tickles in ze peepee thinking about how smooth it is.

I generally like Vortex then I notice something stupid is going on that is f***ing with my game and it really pisses me off, so I track it down. Ding Ding Ding Vortex is the f***ing culprit. Like why the f*** is Vortex resetting my .ini files every time it starts and removing the read only flag I set? I don't want those files changing but nooo Vortex knows best and makes perfect choices...

I'm starting to understand why prominent mod authors say "f*** Vortex" since it's one step forward and three back. The only thing it would be useful for (to me) is loose file conflict resolution but I now pack every mod that contains loose files.

Hell it's plugin ordering system could be amazing if every other option that does the same, didn't do it better, faster and more intuitively.

Oh yeah, it doesn't play nice with older fomods, at all.

There's only one "Prominent Mod Author" who doesn't like Vortex and that's because he doesn't know how to use it, and has his own personal campaign against it

You shouldn't be setting your ini files to 'ready only' in the first place.

Are you using profiles?

I generally like Vortex then I notice something stupid is going on that is f***ing with my game and it really pisses me off, so I track it down. Ding Ding Ding Vortex is the f***ing culprit. Like why the f*** is Vortex resetting my .ini files every time it starts and removing the read only flag I set? I don't want those files changing but nooo Vortex knows best and makes perfect choices...

I'm starting to understand why prominent mod authors say "f*** Vortex" since it's one step forward and three back. The only thing it would be useful for (to me) is loose file conflict resolution but I now pack every mod that contains loose files.

Hell it's plugin ordering system could be amazing if every other option that does the same, didn't do it better, faster and more intuitively.

Oh yeah, it doesn't play nice with older fomods, at all.

when you say prominent mod authors (plural), who, exactly do you mean? name names and see if you can do it without the expletives. consider it a challenge.

I have found only one prominent mod author advising everybody not to use Vortex and HadToRegister already expressed very well why he is doing that.

I found his reasons very unprofessional and anti-ethical and I am not using his mod at all in my game and my game is running like a charm.

Not everything that shine is gold !!!!

I am not using 4 mods that depended on that framework mod, among them, Raider WIP and Super Mutant Redux. I loved these two mods but because you have to have the other for these two to work, then I decided to delete them from my game. ( Nothing in this life is forever anyway and there is always an alternate path. )

But, there is always a way around and some mod authors believe that their mods are infalible. Using XEdit I was able to make my Raiders and Super Mutants tougher than any mod can offer. It took me some time to go over the list and make them super tough but it was worth it and that way, I was able to make my game more immersive and have more control over my gameplay.

I will never give up Vortex for one mod that does not do anything but making my game very unstable. Endorsement has been removed forever for his arrogance and his belief that we cannot play our game without his freaking mod. Wrong !