Make maunually changing load order easier!

Skoorb

Since it appears NMM is dying and Vortex is it's replacement, I decided to try it out. What I need to do is have my pancake FO4 and FO4VR mod orders as similar as possible so that i can safely move between the 2 on the same save without having script problems due to the load order. I also want to use some mods only on the pancake version, like place everywhere, as well as some vr fix mods only on the vr version. This means I really need to be able to adjust my load order so I can place the mods specific to each version at the end. Vortex does not allow this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wait what? Vortex does not allow you to adjust your load order, if it does it seems a real pain in the ass. Fix this please, LOOT was great because it SUGGESTED a load order then you could tweak it from there. Vortex forces you to use the LOOT load order. That sucks.

Guest deleted34304850

nmm isn't dying. what nugget of untruth did you pluck that out of?

if you want the latest version its on github.

Since it appears NMM is dying and Vortex is it's replacement, I decided to try it out. What I need to do is have my pancake FO4 and FO4VR mod orders as similar as possible so that i can safely move between the 2 on the same save without having script problems due to the load order. I also want to use some mods only on the pancake version, like place everywhere, as well as some vr fix mods only on the vr version. This means I really need to be able to adjust my load order so I can place the mods specific to each version at the end. Vortex does not allow this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wait what? Vortex does not allow you to adjust your load order, if it does it seems a real pain in the ass. Fix this please, LOOT was great because it SUGGESTED a load order then you could tweak it from there. Vortex forces you to use the LOOT load order. That sucks.

There's nothing to fix. Vortex doesn't bind you to a load order that you can't change. You can easily tweak the load order using LOOT group assignments in Vortex. If you need plugins at the end of the load order, use late loading group assignments. It's easy as pie.

Load Order doesn't affects scripts.

The only time load order affects scripts is if you ADD or REMOVE a mod or mods from your game and keep using the same savegame

Place Everywhere is a F4SE PLUGIN, meaning it has a DLL in the F4SE\Plugins folder, it's not even going to be in your load order.

Also, if you really MUST place a mod at the end up of the load order, just double click it, and in the panel that opens up on the right hand side, put the mod in the DYNAMIC PATCHES group, Vortex will put the mod at the bottom of the load order.

Perhaps you should read the section of the built in Knowledge Base called MANAGING YOUR LOAD ORDER.

NMM falsely ingrains in people that they must micromanage their PLUGIN load order, when the actual important load order to manage is the MOD load order.

Thank you for the responses. Making the conversion from NMM to Vortex is proving more frustrating than expected. Thinking that for new games Vortex might work great or if I was to start a new mod order from scratch, It would be worth using. Trying to get an old working load order to work again, or do the matching of FO4 and FO4VR load orders to match, so the same save can be used on both seems easy on NMM and real complicated on Vortex. I appreciate your work and your help, spent hours moving files around and possibly messing up my NMM in the move to Vortex so was grumpy. Hope I can easily go back.

Thank you for the responses. Making the conversion from NMM to Vortex is proving more frustrating than expected. Thinking that for new games Vortex might work great or if I was to start a new mod order from scratch, It would be worth using. Trying to get an old working load order to work again, or do the matching of FO4 and FO4VR load orders to match, so the same save can be used on both seems easy on NMM and real complicated on Vortex. I appreciate your work and your help, spent hours moving files around and possibly messing up my NMM in the move to Vortex so was grumpy. Hope I can easily go back.

Load orders don't need to match exactly.

It won't mess up any scripts.

It's when you ADD or REMOVE a mod from your load order and use a save made with or without the newly added or removed mod, that will screw you up.

IE: If your Fallout 4 load order is:

MOD A

MOD B

MOD C

and your Fallout VR load order is

MOD B

MOD C

MOD A

it won't matter.

It's when you ADD or REMOVE a mod from your load order and use a save made with or without the newly added or removed mod, that will screw you up.

MOD A

MOD B

MOD C

MOD B

MOD C

MOD A

it won't matter.

If he is trying to use the same save game between two different installations, then I do believe that load order is indeed going to matter, else any mod added items are going to be wonky, as the save may be that mod in position 12, and the other game may have it in 22..... so, the item ids won't be kosher......

The presence, or lack thereof, of Place anywhere won't matter at all. :)

MOD A

MOD B

MOD C

MOD B

MOD C

MOD A

it won't matter.

If he is trying to use the same save game between two different installations, then I do believe that load order is indeed going to matter, else any mod added items are going to be wonky, as the save may be that mod in position 12, and the other game may have it in 22..... so, the item ids won't be kosher......

The presence, or lack thereof, of Place anywhere won't matter at all. :smile:

According to Arthmoor it doesn't matter

MOD A

MOD B

MOD C

MOD B

MOD C

MOD A

it won't matter.

The presence, or lack thereof, of Place anywhere won't matter at all. :smile:

According to Arthmoor it doesn't matter

Really? I may have to look up that post. Seems really odd to me, considering the way the game works. If that's actually the case, the game has gotten a LOT more forgiving since morrowind. :D