Design Update - Our New Navigation is here

BigBizkit

In response to post #73618083.

Streptococo wrote: Hi, before you could stay in the same game while browsing the mods by clicking on Nexusmods icon which now leads to the main homepage. Is there a way to keep going to the game homepage you are browsing with just one click? because honestly I don't understand this change since I suppose anyone will spend more time by browsing from whatever game homepage's mods than by going to the main homepage to switch games. So while now it's great and faster to switch games, browsing mods from the same game (which I supposed was the main purpose of this site) has become quite... "annoying?"

Please take a look at the last image in the news post which addresses that change. Let me know if you are still unsure ;)

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You seem to be following the trend in IT of making things more difficult for the average Joe. Whereas before everything I wanted was one click away on the Top bar, I now have to select from drop down menu's; why is increased complexity always seen as improvement?

In response to post #73618083. #73618123 is also a reply to the same post.

Streptococo wrote: Hi, before you could stay in the same game while browsing the mods by clicking on Nexusmods icon which now leads to the main homepage. Is there a way to keep going to the game homepage you are browsing with just one click? because honestly I don't understand this change since I suppose anyone will spend more time by browsing from whatever game homepage's mods than by going to the main homepage to switch games. So while now it's great and faster to switch games, browsing mods from the same game (which I supposed was the main purpose of this site) has become quite... "annoying?"
BigBizkit wrote: Please take a look at the last image in the news post which addresses that change. Let me know if you are still unsure ;)

Yes I read the news and seen the picture you are referring to. But to my understanding That's 2 clicks, not 1 like before. and that's why I made this comment.

Edit:
Whatever I guess It's time to use old right click open new tab like in those old sites Edited by Streptococo

In response to post #73617773. #73617973 is also a reply to the same post.

Clanggedin wrote: Why having removed the thumbnail images for the notifications? Why having removed the numbers of notifications and replaced them by a simple +?
LucyAuditore wrote: Why making an update at all? *sighs* The navigation is horrible (at least in my humble opinion) - you don‘t have to reinvent the wheel again and again.

And I also just saw that now, clicking on a notification was entirely removing it from the list, whereas with the old design, it was staying, allowing the user to return on that particular link later. I don't know who thought it was a good idea to do that, but it is certainly not an improvement.

Well, that's nice to see. :D

pyM01ja.png

There will be a lot of complaints as people get used to the changes, but from a UX perspective I just wanted to say it looks and feels a lot better. Change is hard to get used to but it keeps the site up to date as design standards and styles shift. More importantly it also stops potential new modders from being scared off/turned off because the website looks old or feels janky, and this keeps the community fresh. If you find yourself feeling negatively towards these changes, go back and look at how this site looked 3 or 4 years ago, and tell me it isn't a hell of a lot cleaner and more accessible now

Congrats on release Nexus team :)

Edited by pommymax