Design Update - Our New Navigation is here

BigBizkit

In response to post #73618403. #73620103 is also a reply to the same post.

Berkebile wrote: While the Navigation was in beta, under Notifications/See All, we could click on the "Remove All" button to remove the whole list at once. This no longer seems to work.
themagickoala wrote: Hi Berkebile, thanks for bringing this to our attention. This should now be fixed.

That was fast, themagickoala! Thanks for that. I acquainted myself with the New Navigation Screen while it was in beta and I love it.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #73620718. #73621023 is also a reply to the same post.

allmightybrii wrote: My homepage seems to be missing everything relevant. it has a big nexus symbol, 3 bars, a bell and a profile icon. it is useless. I read the comments and still cant get to my tracked mods. I have been on for 2 hours and have accomplished nothing, and this is my only day off. I am very displeased.
kestrelhawk wrote: Same here, and I can't find the different forums either.

But yet, with all of us in here upset, they dont even respond, YET, they find the time to edit colors on all the useless buttons!

This will take some getting used to, I tried the beta for a day or so, but wasn't really into it because it was harder to find stuff. It's still kind of hard based on how things are labeled, but I think over time i can get used to it.

Things i'd like to have back is what @respaldoshugo mentioned, which are the thumbnails and dimmed colors for notifications you've read already. Those things are super important for mod makers and mod users getting notifications when modders upload stuff.

Does the mod categories even exist anymore? That was my bread and butter here. Its like someone hired someone to come into my work or home and hide everything from me for no reason.

In response to post #73620718.

allmightybrii wrote: My homepage seems to be missing everything relevant. it has a big nexus symbol, 3 bars, a bell and a profile icon. it is useless. I read the comments and still cant get to my tracked mods. I have been on for 2 hours and have accomplished nothing, and this is my only day off. I am very displeased.

Same here, and I can't find the different forums either.

I ended up googling to do that.

In response to post #73620248. #73620368, #73620773, #73621028 are all replies on the same post.

tonycubed2 wrote: Hate it hate it hate it. Notifications are now harder to use. As a modder with limited time the previous design was great. Everything accesible from one location. I could quickly see how many notifications I had to review and answer.

You know what you have done? You created windows 8 with its tablet style menu. You are forcing a user interface no one was asking for and majority don’t want. And you are seeing the same backlash as windows 8, which is why windows 10 replaced it. We are tinkers, modders, hobbyists , geeks who don’t need a dumbed down system. Nor enjoy one.

Give us at least a toggle to switch to previous menu system. This is awful.

Thesparalius wrote: In regard to the notifications, I honestly find the new design to be faster and more responsive. The old design was sluggish and took way too long to load my notifications. Same with the various options to mark them as read or clear notifications etc. Practically instant now, whereas it was not before. But that's just me.
raybo01 wrote: I agree with tonycubed2. This is not an improvement. In fact, I really hate it.

Please bring back the toggle. :/

Adeline wrote: I think the same.

Why always want to change everything, it was very good like that before

:I Edited by ElSopa

It is obvious I am not the only one missing the top navigation bar since several people responded to my last comment with same issue. My colors updated to green but I still can't navigate the site. Any suggestions on how we can resolve this issue and get on with our game?

*color reverted back to yellow, ?

Edited by allmightybrii

In response to post #73618403. #73620103, #73621113 are all replies on the same post.

Berkebile wrote: While the Navigation was in beta, under Notifications/See All, we could click on the "Remove All" button to remove the whole list at once. This no longer seems to work.
themagickoala wrote: Hi Berkebile, thanks for bringing this to our attention. This should now be fixed.
Berkebile wrote: That was fast, themagickoala! Thanks for that. I acquainted myself with the New Navigation Screen while it was in beta and I love it.

nvm Edited by ElSopa

In response to post #73621248.

allmightybrii wrote: It is obvious I am not the only one missing the top navigation bar since several people responded to my last comment with same issue. My colors updated to green but I still can't navigate the site. Any suggestions on how we can resolve this issue and get on with our game?

Hey there,

This would be because you are at the tablet breakpoint. Clicking the three bars (the "hamburger") will bring up a navigation menu.

In response to post #73621173.

steamteck wrote:

Does the mod categories even exist anymore? That was my bread and butter here. Its like someone hired someone to come into my work or home and hide everything from me for no reason.

In response to post #73620718.

Same here, and I can't find the different forums either.

I ended up googling to do that.

Mods menu -> Mod categories

In response to post #73621248. #73621338 is also a reply to the same post.

allmightybrii wrote: It is obvious I am not the only one missing the top navigation bar since several people responded to my last comment with same issue. My colors updated to green but I still can't navigate the site. Any suggestions on how we can resolve this issue and get on with our game?
*color reverted back to yellow, ?
BigBizkit wrote: Hey there,

This would be because you are at the tablet breakpoint. Clicking the three bars (the "hamburger") will bring up a navigation menu.

No....that just takes me to "games", NO navigation bar, no way to find "my" anything
And if I click on anything in the dropdown like "mods" it just takes me back to main mod page. Edited by allmightybrii