153 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033,962 posts
Adopt Bryan Wilks

This adds dialogue to Bryan Wilks, letting you adopt him. He is voiced using re-purposed vanilla sound files. There is currently no speech, disposition, karma, or other checks. You can adopt him starting at the point where you look for a place for him to live. If you have already placed him in a home, you can go there and adopt him from there. If y

hereticus

hereticus

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
Great idea !!!

springheeljack

springheeljack

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Finally someone has made a mod for this, i remember posting about this somewhere mainly because I really wanted to be able to bring him with me, but I'm crap at modding, so thanks very much!

Shantih

Shantih

Gloomseeker

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,908 posts
That's a very nice idea as it would make sense for a character who has a home in Megaton to take him there instead of leaving him alone in Grayditch.

Quick question: is it possible to bring him to Vera later on if you've adopted him and change your mind? I know this defeat the purpose of your mod but it would be a nice twist if Bryan would refuse leaving the Vault Dweller and his new friends in Megaton (there must be a line somewhere about making new friends in Rivet City that could suit this purpose). Giving him a sandbox routine in Megaton to interact with Maggie and Lucas Simms's son could be interesting.

As far as making him a fighting follower it could prove a bit tricky (expect the unexpected when modifying NPCs fighting behaviour although it may work perfectly well).

Any ideas on the weapons and setting he could use? I can definitely picture Bryan using the makeshift dart gun (the one made with bits and pieces of toys and junk). That would make him useful without making him a deadly child soldier (something that would be out of character IMHO).

RhysR13

RhysR13

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
hiya i'm new 2 GECK and i do not no how to add idalogue to NPC's, cxan u halp me by telling me how 2 do this. thanxs, well thought of mod by the way

manginalol

manginalol

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
very good mod except i not going to use it unless u can bring him back with console codes cuz my Brian got killed by zombies with the killabe kids mod lol

pintocat

pintocat

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,527 posts

That's a very nice idea as it would make sense for a character who has a home in Megaton to take him there instead of leaving him alone in Grayditch.

Quick question: is it possible to bring him to Vera later on if you've adopted him and change your mind? I know this defeat the purpose of your mod but it would be a nice twist if Bryan would refuse leaving the Vault Dweller and his new friends in Megaton (there must be a line somewhere about making new friends in Rivet City that could suit this purpose). Giving him a sandbox routine in Megaton to interact with Maggie and Lucas Simms's son could be interesting.

As far as making him a fighting follower it could prove a bit tricky (expect the unexpected when modifying NPCs fighting behaviour although it may work perfectly well).

Any ideas on the weapons and setting he could use? I can definitely picture Bryan using the makeshift dart gun (the one made with bits and pieces of toys and junk). That would make him useful without making him a deadly child soldier (something that would be out of character IMHO).

Right now, you can only send him to homes you got permission for before you adopted him... so if you talked to Vera or LL before you adopt him, you can send him those places.

Next version I will have support for you getting permission for a new home after adoption.

Sandbox routines will be basic at first, but I like the idea of Megaton stuff like that...

Fighting isn't really what a kid is for IMO, but I thought about making a custom power armor you could craft for him that is junky, like plates stuck on something else to fit him, and with the tanks on back having PESTICIDE written on them and like a bug kill count decal on the chest and stuff... but I'm not really sure I can or will do that.

very good mod except i not going to use it unless u can bring him back with console codes cuz my Brian got killed by zombies with the killabe kids mod lol

Obviously using a killable kids mod would make him mortal. If you want him immortal again you could try setting him essential with the console. Open console, setessential 33096 1

I won't swear that that'll work, I'm not using a killable kids mod right now.

If he's already dead, and you can find his corpse, open console, click corpse, and resurrect

olafreinhardweyer

olafreinhardweyer

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts
You might want to find the mod "Game for Wilks" on Nexus. It's a minor but nice quest mod. If you are allowed, you might incorporate the quest as a requirement to adopt Wilks should you have already "given" him to Weahterly.

jr2nd

jr2nd

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
who wants to adopt brian i'd rather adopt bumble or maggie lol

pintocat

pintocat

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,527 posts