Download speed cap increase for Supporters and non-Adblockers

Dark0ne

I am a ad-blocker user. I use it on every site, I find it clears out pop up better than without it and over looks cleaner and safer. I am also a supporter of nexus site and wouldn't receive ads on your site anyway. Do I need to turn off my ad-blocker to get the speed increase?

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #64082806.

benjisch wrote: I am a ad-blocker user. I use it on every site, I find it clears out pop up better than without it and over looks cleaner and safer. I am also a supporter of nexus site and wouldn't receive ads on your site anyway. Do I need to turn off my ad-blocker to get the speed increase?

I'm curious about this as well.

In response to post #64082806. #64082916 is also a reply to the same post.

benjisch wrote: I am a ad-blocker user. I use it on every site, I find it clears out pop up better than without it and over looks cleaner and safer. I am also a supporter of nexus site and wouldn't receive ads on your site anyway. Do I need to turn off my ad-blocker to get the speed increase?
Salensis wrote: I'm curious about this as well.

No. Supporters don't see ads so whether you use an adblocker or not has no bearing.

In response to post #64078691.

linksword01 wrote: You want me to stop using adblock? You get the same response I give others.

Provide me with a 90-day history of reports of malicious software so I can blacklist the trackers

Provide me with proof you have never been compromised in the last 2 years.

agreed. Every single site I've ever used that relies on ads usually have AT LEAST one ad that has malware of some sort. Adblock is too precious to give up for slightly faster download speeds. My computer's health is more important to me than a download hub. Sorry if that's callous. I just remember the times prior to adblock. Never again. Edited by Azulyn

In response to post #64082806. #64082916, #64082946 are all replies on the same post.

Salensis wrote: I'm curious about this as well.
Dark0ne wrote: No. Supporters don't see ads so whether you use an adblocker or not has no bearing.

Thank you for asking this, and also for the response Dark0ne. I am in this same boat, as i'm sure a lot of others are.