Official Vortex Beta Release

Dark0ne

In response to post #64758586. #64785821, #64788626 are all replies on the same post.

1ae0bfb8 wrote:

what you learned today, is wrong.

you can still dowload mods with NMM. That has never, not once, changed.

I suggest you go back and learn some more.

SaulieSaul wrote: Ok then, how? the only option I can see to download with a MM is for Vortex? Clicking the icon to download with NMM does nothing? Mr.Tibbs
CyanideInsanity wrote: Open NMM and in the settings un/recheck 'associate with nxm urls'. AFAIK on the website all thats been changed so far is just the text on the download button, nothing under the hood. I can still use the unofficial NNM build for FO4VR just fine.

I can't uncheck any associations. The options are grayed out. Edited by LokiWolf90

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #64756311.

SaulieSaul wrote: So today I learned that I HAVE to use Vortex to download a mod? So I tried it, it's awful, I tried to import my load order from NMM, could not find a way to do it. Not happy.

I don't want to lose the past 12 hours I spent on a new playthrough using NMM, so I can't even switch to Vortex.

In response to post #64688601.

cjc75 wrote: I am confused.... Trying to get back into Fallout 4, want to try a new Mod...
I'm still using NMM v0.65.2 and its not working anymore... and I can't download anything with it.
So I have to use this vortex thing now? Do I have to go and reinstall ALL my existing mods with it... or how does that work?

I'm in the same boat with Skyrim SE...

I would rather not go back to the beginning after going in 12 hours into a new game.

In response to post #64688601. #64795346 is also a reply to the same post.

cjc75 wrote: I am confused.... Trying to get back into Fallout 4, want to try a new Mod...
I'm still using NMM v0.65.2 and its not working anymore... and I can't download anything with it.
So I have to use this vortex thing now? Do I have to go and reinstall ALL my existing mods with it... or how does that work?
LokiWolf90 wrote: I'm in the same boat with Skyrim SE...

I would rather not go back to the beginning after going in 12 hours into a new game.

No, you don't have to use the "vortex thing." You can continue to use NMM by manually downloading your mods. You then install them by using an "install from file" button or by dragging and dropping them into NMM. It's really quite easy.

In response to post #64756311. #64794596 is also a reply to the same post.

SaulieSaul wrote: So today I learned that I HAVE to use Vortex to download a mod? So I tried it, it's awful, I tried to import my load order from NMM, could not find a way to do it. Not happy.
LokiWolf90 wrote: I don't want to lose the past 12 hours I spent on a new playthrough using NMM, so I can't even switch to Vortex.

No, you don't have to use Vortex, as Dark0ne and others have said repeatedly over the past several weeks. You have a manual download option that works perfectly well with NMM. You'll find that manually downloading and installing requires only two or three more mouse clicks than mod manager download. It's really quite easy.

In response to post #64774681.

cjgarner wrote: I used vortex to mod fallout4 with 400ish mods and it worked fine for me. With Skyrim SE I use NMM (It takes a bit of planning and understanding how it works). NMM I am using 681 mods for Skyrim SE no issues. I think it is great to have choices since some MM do things better then others and some worse then others but all 4 MM's (NMM, MO2, Vortex and Wrye Bash) are great! just depends what game and you understanding what you are trying to do!

holy that is a lot of mods

In response to post #64758586.

1ae0bfb8 wrote:

what you learned today, is wrong.

you can still dowload mods with NMM. That has never, not once, changed.

I suggest you go back and learn some more.

Ok then, how? the only option I can see to download with a MM is for Vortex? Clicking the icon to download with NMM does nothing? Mr.Tibbs

Just because the button is labeled "Download with Vortex" doesn't mean that the button will only allow you to download only with Vortex.

You're asking how to do something so very simple, that everybody has had to do when they started using NMM

People don't even TRY any more.

Vortex-NMM-NXM.jpg

"vortex cannot validate NMM's mod/archive files - this usually occurs when the NMM configuration is corrupt." i cant import my mods because this pops up... what do i do?

EDIT: went around the system, moved mod files manually, it works fine now. seeing all ma mods and everything, all 600+ are there.

Edited by toddhamer

I had few issues that files fused and stayed in game even if i did disabled them. I had to reinstall Skyrim from scratch two times already,when things were doing fine just bringing constructive criticism and feed back from my experience. :tongue: :smile:

If you take these kinds of issues to Vortex Support, you will find knowledgeable people there who can offer help: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/forum/4306-vortex-support/