⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Official Vortex Beta Release

Dark0ne

In response to post #64509266. #64512826, #64515326, #64517946, #64518821 are all replies on the same post.

themaniac117 wrote: Vortex is garbage. It's an overdeveloped, messy, borked mess. Nice job sabotaging the original mod manager, which worked essentially out of the box. End of an era.
slowman87 wrote: Bullshit, I have been using this even since the alpha state. With NMM had several problems, crashes, and the tool suddenly stopped managing some files, making a mess of files. Go trow your garbage elsewhere!
ErraticFox wrote: I don't see why you're even complaining. Them building the Nexus Mods API is them literally making it so much easier for any one else (who has the knowledge) to build a mod manager or something similar to compete with their own Mod Manager.
WishkahKid wrote: One persons easy is another persons bullshit. keep it simple. NMM did just that. I'm really getting tired of those who use Vortex putting down NMM. It smells like propaganda. Bottom line, let people chose for themselves. Also, don't cut off NMM in your new API, as most of your users still use NMM., which by doing so only proves that you are trying to force folks to use your new Vortex.
Ethreon wrote: Nobody is forcing you to use anything, so cut the drama, we're not in a soap opera.

Notice it's all the non-supporters complaining about Vortex!

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #64509266. #64512826, #64515326, #64517946, #64518821, #64519006 are all replies on the same post.

themaniac117 wrote: Vortex is garbage. It's an overdeveloped, messy, borked mess. Nice job sabotaging the original mod manager, which worked essentially out of the box. End of an era.
slowman87 wrote: Bullshit, I have been using this even since the alpha state. With NMM had several problems, crashes, and the tool suddenly stopped managing some files, making a mess of files. Go trow your garbage elsewhere!
ErraticFox wrote: I don't see why you're even complaining. Them building the Nexus Mods API is them literally making it so much easier for any one else (who has the knowledge) to build a mod manager or something similar to compete with their own Mod Manager.
WishkahKid wrote: One persons easy is another persons bullshit. keep it simple. NMM did just that. I'm really getting tired of those who use Vortex putting down NMM. It smells like propaganda. Bottom line, let people chose for themselves. Also, don't cut off NMM in your new API, as most of your users still use NMM., which by doing so only proves that you are trying to force folks to use your new Vortex.
Ethreon wrote: Nobody is forcing you to use anything, so cut the drama, we're not in a soap opera.
Mentazm wrote: Notice it's all the non-supporters complaining about Vortex!

Again, what has been said is the new up coming API will not support NMM. Which is more or less saying switch over to Vortex or else. Prove this different.

In response to post #64509266. #64512826, #64515326, #64517946, #64518821, #64519006, #64519246 are all replies on the same post.

WishkahKid wrote: Again, what has been said is the new up coming API will not support NMM. Which is more or less saying switch over to Vortex or else. Prove this different.

The new API is public and documented, NMM is open-source.
The old API hasn't been turned off, so there is time.

In response to post #64509266. #64512826, #64515326, #64517946, #64518821, #64519006, #64519246, #64519851 are all replies on the same post.

WishkahKid wrote: Again, what has been said is the new up coming API will not support NMM. Which is more or less saying switch over to Vortex or else. Prove this different.
Tannin42 wrote: The new API is public and documented, NMM is open-source.

Leaving aside the plethora of issues NMM has/had, the damn thing has been off for around 2 years. Nobody can force anyone to use a certain mod manager, so again quit the drama and the foot stomping. There's nothing to prove, you're arguing about a non-issue.

In response to post #64376296.

HadToRegister wrote:

-using vortex will I keep the same level of manual control

Yes, but in a different way than Drag and Drop, you make rules instead, telling Mod A to "load after mod B" etc.

THe MODS tab works with the Loose Textures/Meshes, and BSA, BA2 "load order" IE Which Texture/meshes overwrites another, which BSA2 gets priority over another etc.

-will moving my 127gb SSE folder into vortex be an issue? Both logistically and from a load order perspective

I think moving that many specifically edited/merged mods will be difficult for ANY mod manager, I would suggest to install another Betheda game, and mod it using Vortex to become familiairzed with how it works and what it does first, before committing 127gb to it.

-does vortex mess with load order without my consent, ie moving things without me wanting it to?

ONLY if you have AUTOSORT turned on.

Just disable Autosort if you don't want Vortex to automatically sort your Plugins IE esps, esms

-mod conflict resolution stuff, will it flag mod conflicts, any features with tie ins to xedit framework etc...

An Orange notification will pop up saying there is a file conflict, if you click on SHOW or MORE, it will filter the list to only the mods where there are file conflicts, then it's up to you to click on the red lightning bolt next to a mod and tell Vortex to either load the mod BEFORE or AFTER the conflicting mod.

- does it play nice with wyre WRYE (ftfy) bash?

Yes it does, I even run Wryebash right from the Vortex interface.

You can set up all of your editing tools right on the dashboard for each game.

I usually put Xedit, Wryebash/smash/flash, MatorSmash, BAE, BA2 Extractor,, etc in my Tools section on the dashboard.

Question...with Vortex can I specifically tell one mod to always be at the bottom of my load order? Because some games don't play well with LOOT based sorting (F4, for instance) and if I can specifically tell Vortex that one mod always has to be at the bottom, I can build the rest of the list around it.

YOu can do it a couple of ways.

The way I get a mod to go to the bottom of the load order is to assign it to DYNAMIC PATCH, or OVERRIDE group.

Another option is to double click the PLUGIN to open the right side window, there you can pick "LOCK MOD INDEX" and type in the mod index you want to lock it to.

For instance, my load order, the last mod index is 82, so for the mod I wanted at the bottom, I would type in 82 as the mod index to lock to.

In response to post #64509266. #64512826, #64515326, #64517946, #64518821, #64519006, #64519246, #64519851, #64519941, #64520291, #64520391 are all replies on the same post.

Ethreon wrote: Leaving aside the plethora of issues NMM has/had, the damn thing has been off for around 2 years. Nobody can force anyone to use a certain mod manager, so again quit the drama and the foot stomping. There's nothing to prove, you're arguing about a non-issue.
WishkahKid wrote: Alright, I would like some clarification, can I still auto download with NMM with the new up coming API. Yes or No?. Please explain more on this. I'm only interested in using NMM.
WishkahKid wrote: As to the poster above me, there are thousands of users still using NMM. Are they also brain dead?

On the files page of every mod is a button labelled "Manual Download." Silly talk about Nexusmods "forcing" people to abandon NMM either simply ignores that fact or assumes that people are so brain dead they wouldn't know how to use the manual download option. Edited by Augusta Calidia

Vortex is garbage. It's an overdeveloped, messy, borked mess. Nice job sabotaging the original mod manager, which worked essentially out of the box. End of an era.

I suggest you take of your "Rose Colored Glasses of Nostalgia" and go read the tech support forum for NMM.

Also, you dropped your hat

6e9a6a673710b0d8411db4c81937e2a3.jpg

In response to post #64509266. #64512826, #64515326, #64517946, #64518821, #64519006, #64519246, #64519851, #64519941, #64520086 are all replies on the same post.

Ethreon wrote: Leaving aside the plethora of issues NMM has/had, the damn thing has been off for around 2 years. Nobody can force anyone to use a certain mod manager, so again quit the drama and the foot stomping. There's nothing to prove, you're arguing about a non-issue.
Augusta Calidia wrote: On the files page of every mod is a button labelled "Manual Download." Silly talk about Nexusmods "forcing" people to abandon NMM simply ignores that fact or assumes that people are so brain dead they wouldn't know how to use the manual download option.

Alright, I would like some clarification, can I still auto download with NMM with the new up coming API. Yes or No?. Please explain more on this. I'm only interested in using NMM.

In response to post #64509266. #64512826, #64515326, #64517946, #64518821, #64519006, #64519246, #64519851, #64519941, #64520086, #64520291 are all replies on the same post.

Augusta Calidia wrote: On the files page of every mod is a button labelled "Manual Download." Silly talk about Nexusmods "forcing" people to abandon NMM simply ignores that fact or assumes that people are so brain dead they wouldn't know how to use the manual download option.
WishkahKid wrote: Alright, I would like some clarification, can I still auto download with NMM with the new up coming API. Yes or No?. Please explain more on this. I'm only interested in using NMM.

As to the poster above me, there are thousands of users still using NMM. Are they also brain dead?